The Dr Daisy Blog
Our Monthly blog by Dr Daisy
My Menopause Christmas tree
So here it is again - Christmas. A strange time of year when we all eat and drink too much, and do silly things under the mistletoe!
Now Christmas trees are not my favourite things. I appreciate they are grown for the purpose, but it still seems barbaric to cut down a tree because it’s Christmas and sit it in a pot in an overheated room, and watch in horror, as its needles drop off. We have an artificial tree. It’s a pretty one, a Norwegian spruce. It’s about ten years old and going strong.
But all this started me thinking about a perfect Christmas Tree - Yes! - a Menopause Christmas Tree! What would I choose? Where would it go? What would I put on it, and indeed under it – Well read on and find out. You might just chuckle at the same time.
» Download the pdf to read the full text. (320Kb)
Dr Daisy Mae is a doctor and writer. She has worked extensively as a Specialist in Sexual & Reproductive Health, in the South of England. She has also worked in the field of Menopause for around 25 years, and latterly has run her own specialist Menopause Clinic.
Daisy has just published her first novel - Dating Daisy. She also has a Sexual Health Blog on The Huffington Post UK and writes for Dr Ed, the online doctor service. Daisy will be blogging for us once a month.
You can contact Dr Daisy with ideas and suggestions for the blog or on any specific topics you are interested in.
Dr Daisy's Blog Posts
- Breast cancer and HRT - July 2018
- Vaginal Estrogen - June 2018
- HRT and loss of libido - Feb/March 2018
- Itís a New Year! 2018 - New beginnings! - January 2018
- My Menopause Christmas tree - December 2017
- Let's talk about Xenoestrogens - November 2017
- Strictly Menopause! - October 2017
The Glynis Kozma BlogSee Glynis Kozmas's Blog
Dr Currie's Blog Posts
- Bio Identicals
- Menopause - what does it mean?
- What's in a Name?
- HRT and breast cancer
- Why do we flush?
- Vaginal dryness - lube or hormones?
- Vaginal dryness, a tale of neglect
- Menopause is everywhere
- Breast Cancer & HRT
- A sore point
- Menopause in the workplace
- Ten Wasted Years
- Menopause Time For Change
Other Guest Blogs