The Dr Daisy Blog
Introducing our new blog by Dr Daisy
Yes - it’s that time of year again!
Time to pour the wine, turn up the volume, and prepare to be dazzled with sequins and bling!
As a very (unprofessional) ballroom dancer myself, I am completely hooked on Strictly. We are glued to the series. We even watch ‘It Takes Two’ every weekday evening, and dance in front of the TV! The night of the Strictly Final is sacrosanct in our calendar – and when it’s over – oh my goodness – we need therapy! What on earth will we do instead to replace the Strictly obsession over the next 12 months!?
But as I watched the line up of new celebrities and dancers last night, something struck me! Just look carefully at all those smiling faces – glamorous they may be but guess what? - There are a lot of peri/post menopausal women on Strictly! And when I thought about it some more, dancers are in fact - prone to problems with hormones! So here it is - Strictly Menopause!
» Download the pdf to read the full text. (463Kb)
Dr Daisy Mae is a doctor and writer. She has worked extensively as a Specialist in Sexual & Reproductive Health, in the South of England. She has also worked in the field of Menopause for around 25 years, and latterly has run her own specialist Menopause Clinic.
Daisy has just published her first novel - Dating Daisy. She also has a Sexual Health Blog on The Huffington Post UK and writes for Dr Ed, the online doctor service. Daisy will be blogging for us once a month.
You can contact Dr Daisy with ideas and suggestions for the blog or on any specific topics you are interested in.
Dr Daisy's Blog Posts
- Reasons to be cheerful in middle age! - December 2018
- Breast cancer and HRT - July 2018
- Vaginal Estrogen - June 2018
- HRT and loss of libido - Feb/March 2018
- It’s a New Year! 2018 - New beginnings! - January 2018
- My Menopause Christmas tree - December 2017
- Let's talk about Xenoestrogens - November 2017
- Strictly Menopause! - October 2017
The Glynis Kozma BlogSee Glynis Kozmas's Blog
Dr Currie's Blog Posts
- Bio Identicals
- Menopause - what does it mean?
- What's in a Name?
- HRT and breast cancer
- Why do we flush?
- Vaginal dryness - lube or hormones?
- Vaginal dryness, a tale of neglect
- Menopause is everywhere
- Breast Cancer & HRT
- A sore point
- Menopause in the workplace
- Ten Wasted Years
- Menopause Time For Change
Other Guest Blogs