The Dr Daisy Blog
Our Monthly blog by Dr Daisy
HRT and libido
Loss of interest in sex is such a common complaint from women in the menopause clinic. I often wish I had a magic wand!
And it’s just so complex – isn’t it?
Undoubtedly hormones are involved. But relationship issues, stress, physical and psychological difficulties all play a part.
Loss of libido which is severe enough to cause emotional distress is called (Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder - HSDD) – and deserves full medical attention in the clinic.
» Download the pdf to read the full text. (454Kb)
Dr Daisy Mae is a doctor and writer. She has worked extensively as a Specialist in Sexual & Reproductive Health, in the South of England. She has also worked in the field of Menopause for around 25 years, and latterly has run her own specialist Menopause Clinic.
Daisy has just published her first novel - Dating Daisy. She also has a Sexual Health Blog on The Huffington Post UK and writes for Dr Ed, the online doctor service. Daisy will be blogging for us once a month.
You can contact Dr Daisy with ideas and suggestions for the blog or on any specific topics you are interested in.
Dr Daisy's Blog Posts
- Understanding Obesity and Menopause Part 1 - October 2019
- Reasons to be cheerful in middle age! - December 2018
- Breast cancer and HRT - July 2018
- Vaginal Estrogen - June 2018
- HRT and loss of libido - Feb/March 2018
- It's a New Year! 2018 - New beginnings! - January 2018
- My Menopause Christmas tree - December 2017
- Let's talk about Xenoestrogens - November 2017
- Strictly Menopause! - October 2017
The Glynis Kozma BlogSee Glynis Kozmas's Blog
Dr Currie's Blog Posts
- Bio Identicals
- Menopause - what does it mean?
- What's in a Name?
- HRT and breast cancer
- Why do we flush?
- Vaginal dryness - lube or hormones?
- Vaginal dryness, a tale of neglect
- Menopause is everywhere
- Breast Cancer & HRT
- A sore point
- Menopause in the workplace
- Ten Wasted Years
- Menopause Time For Change
Menopause Matters has been named as one of "The 12 Best Menopause Blogs of the Year" 2017, by an American site, 'Healthline'
Other Guest Blogs
- Jane Renton: Menopautism - December 2017