Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Late Menopause Over 55  (Read 46235 times)

HazelnutMilk

• First Flush
Re: Late Menopause Over 55
« Reply #135 on: June 20, 2023, 06:10:56 AM »

I'm only 51 but still regular as clockwork - closer together and flooding but no sign of stopping. My  best friend (50) is done and dusted with it all, and my sister was done by about 50 I think. I guess I'm too early to say I'm a late menopause but I do feel like I'm a bit behind the curve.

Taz2

« Reply #136 on: June 20, 2023, 06:35:26 AM »

The average age to reach menopause seems to be between 51 and 55. Not sure if this means post meno (one year without a period) or just that you've had your last period by 55. I don't think you are behind the curve. I was still having fairly regular periods at 53 having had peri symptoms for four years including nine months with no periods before they began again. I started HRT at 53 so I don't know when I'd have stopped natural periods.

Sorry that you are having flooding. The fact that your periods are now happening closer together is a sign of peri menopause though.

Taz x  :)

SarahT

« Reply #137 on: June 20, 2023, 07:38:35 AM »

I think it is slowly becoming accepted that ages of menopause do not always fit the text books, both in early and late meno.

In my experience 51 seems reasonable to still be peri. I am almost 57, which is quite unusual it seems. And get pms and sometimes spotting ( am on mirena so no real periods) every 4 weeks without fail. No sign of finishing or even becoming erratic.  My sister was 58 and had erratic periods before finally becoming post meno.

It is hard not to compare with other women and their own experiences. I get very frustrated \ angry that most of my friends had all finished by 50!  But like Taz, I don't think you are behind the curve. It's gotta stop sometime,  but that doesn't help us still going through it. Watch your iron levels maybe if the flooding continues.?

Take care x

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]