Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 726337 times)

Binks

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #1515 on: March 08, 2019, 10:36:05 AM »

I'm on one pump eistrogel , which has been enough to get rid of joint pain which was my main symptom and mild flushing.
The utrogestan makes me so tired , I've switched from taking it monthly for 2 weeks to taking it for 2 weeks every three months , this is the only thing which triggers a bleed . I use two tablets vagunally but am still ridiculously tired for 2 weeks.
Anyone else in similar protocol? I'm wondering if I could switch to one tablet vaginally for the next 2 week cycle.

Pinkjan4288

« Reply #1516 on: March 08, 2019, 09:45:15 PM »

Thanks Birdy
I have been very stressed but I am sleeping like a log so the Oestrogen isn't stopping me sleeping at the mo.

Hurdity

« Reply #1517 on: March 09, 2019, 08:49:58 AM »

I'm on one pump eistrogel , which has been enough to get rid of joint pain which was my main symptom and mild flushing.
The utrogestan makes me so tired , I've switched from taking it monthly for 2 weeks to taking it for 2 weeks every three months , this is the only thing which triggers a bleed . I use two tablets vagunally but am still ridiculously tired for 2 weeks.
Anyone else in similar protocol? I'm wondering if I could switch to one tablet vaginally for the next 2 week cycle.

Hi there - if you are on a 3 month cycle now then it really is much less than the licensed dose to take only 100 mg for two weeks. However if you are only taking 1 pump of oestrogel, depending on your absorption, your doc may allow this provided you have a scan at least once a year to check your womb lining?

How are your bleeds on the 3 month regime or have you not been taking it long enough like this to know?

I am on 62.5 mcg oestrogen patch and take 200 mg vaginally x 12 days every 6-8 weeks and get a smallish bleed but would worry about extending my cycle or reducing the dose - but I'm mid 60's so being a bit more cautious these days as have been on HRT for 12 years.

Hurdity x

Hurdity

« Reply #1518 on: March 09, 2019, 08:56:25 AM »

I really need some advice please.
Im taking Utrogestan for 14 days a month (200mg) but i'm due to stop taking them on the day I fly on holiday, so I asked my Dr what could I do so I don't have a period start the first day i'm away. She said to take 1 tablet instead for 23 days.
 so I started to do that and have had breakthrough bleeding everyday since.
Ive upped it back to 2 to stop the bleeding but that hasn't worked.

Im due to stop taking the tablets on the original cycle tomorrow.... should I just leave a 3 week gap instead of 2 and see if I can shift my cycle a week further?

Thanks

It's difficult for any of us to advise here pinkjan as it depends on your uterus and where you are in menopause. For example I am post-menopausal and I work out the timing of all my cycles and when to take utrogestan based on when I'm going away and other things so I work backwards and vary my cycle accordingly. It's not possible to do this if you are peri-menopausal unless maybe very late - as you don't know when your own cycle will kick in. Depending on when you're going away maybe continue with the 200 mg and hope the bleeding stops eventually?

If you are post-menopausal then in future I would just delay starting your progesterone completely. How much oestrogen are you taking?

Good luck and sorry I can't help further - it's not an exact science unfortunately! Hope you enjoy your holiday!!

Hurdity x

Pinkjan4288

« Reply #1519 on: March 09, 2019, 05:33:29 PM »

Thank you Hurdity.
I'm on 1.5 to 2 pumps of Oestrogel every evening

Binks

« Reply #1520 on: March 14, 2019, 10:40:10 AM »

Hi there - if you are on a 3 month cycle now then it really is much less than the licensed dose to take only 100 mg for two weeks. However if you are only taking 1 pump of oestrogel, depending on your absorption, your doc may allow this provided you have a scan at least once a year to check your womb lining?

How are your bleeds on the 3 month regime or have you not been taking it long enough like this to know?

I am on 62.5 mcg oestrogen patch and take 200 mg vaginally x 12 days every 6-8 weeks and get a smallish bleed but would worry about extending my cycle or reducing the dose - but I'm mid 60's so being a bit more cautious these days as have been on HRT for 12 years.

Hurdity x

Thank you hurdity. I'm 51 and I be been in hrt for about 15 months. I tried patches to start off with , but they didn't trigger a period , then I moved to the gel and untrogestan orally a year ago. For the first month I took it orally for 2 weeks - no period. I was so tired I fell asleep during a meeting at work.  So I went in nhs website and saw that they talked about three month protocol . I started that , but not enough to trigger a period. I switched to vaginally last time and it caused a normal bleed - hurrah !! Just started bleed after second go at this, but used 2 x 100 for 14 nights vaginally . Am still very tired , but not as tired. I get no spitting or break through bleeding in the three months , that's why I was wondering if I could reduce to 100mg for 14 nights ( as I'm only on the one pump eistrogel)
My gp knows nothing , though I have told her I'm using them vaginally . I haven't had a scan but as this bleed and the last feel like a proper period, I feel as though everything is coming out.

Maybe I should switch to 100 x 14 nights but do it every 2 months ??

Hurdity

« Reply #1521 on: March 14, 2019, 07:22:45 PM »

Hi again

Well when on a two month cycle I still do 200 mg vaginally for 12 days - even when I do a 6 week cycle (ie oestrogen only for 4 wks 2 days, followed by prog for 12 days), and I still get a bleed, although I am now thinking of shortening the cycle and cutting down to 100 mg - but it's all a compromise.

Yes it is a possibility to do 100 mg x 14 days vaginally every 2 months but it is still very much a reduced dose so off-licence so if you speak to your doc then you should see if she can refer you for a scan and if not if you can afford it, then do get one privately (about £100) immediately following the bleed to check that all the lining is in fact being shed. I take your point about your bleeding and initial lack of bleeds - it does sound like it (prog frequency) is probably enough for you but best not to second guess and be scanned if you intend to do it like this longer term.

Hurdity x

Binks

« Reply #1522 on: March 18, 2019, 11:06:00 PM »

Thank you hurdity . Bleed just last for 3 days , only one day normal / heavy , other days quite watery so I do think it's all coming away . I'll schedule a scan for after next time

Tracey E

« Reply #1523 on: March 23, 2019, 10:35:34 AM »

Hi, I've been prescribed 1 pump of Estrogel daily, will this be enough? Just finished Evorel  Conti patches and  I'm post menopausal. Thanks.

Dotty

« Reply #1524 on: March 23, 2019, 11:19:04 AM »

Hi 1 pump is a very low dose . If you want the rough equivalent of Evorel Conti then you need 2 pumps.

Which progesterone have you been prescribed? X

Dotty

« Reply #1525 on: March 23, 2019, 11:50:59 AM »

Hi Birdy an Evorel Conti patch contains 50mg of Oestrogen which is roughly equivalent to 2 pumps of Oestrogel. You can't compare exactly as they are different methods.

There is a comparison table somewhere which I've posted before. I'll have a look for it and post again . X

Dotty

« Reply #1526 on: March 23, 2019, 11:55:44 AM »

Dotty

« Reply #1527 on: March 23, 2019, 12:06:23 PM »

Hi 2 pumps of Oestrogel contains 1.5mg of oestrogen. X

Tc

« Reply #1528 on: March 23, 2019, 01:44:52 PM »

I'm still realy confused. If a patch delivers 50mcg daily and  2 pumps is 1.5mg (1,500mcg) that's a crazy difference.

It would seem the patch contains 0.78mg estradiol  why does it only deliver 50mcg per day. What happens to the rest?
It seems the patch is far less than the gel on a daily basis.

I am realy bad with numbers tho.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 01:52:43 PM by Tc »

Tc

« Reply #1529 on: March 23, 2019, 01:54:53 PM »

But if the patch is 0.78mg and only delivers 50 micro grams per day what happens to the rest?
Omg birdy. I'm laughing for the first time in days  :)
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 187