Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Extreme bloating  (Read 17886 times)

nearly50

Re: Extreme bloating
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2017, 01:59:21 PM »

Why don't you do as others have suggested and take a list? Bruising, swollen stomach, cysts. Take a note of when your last period was as well (and the one before as I think you had a long gap?).

good luck.

Peroxideblader

« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2017, 06:19:03 PM »

Ok will do...Because my memory is rubbish...and once you get in to see the gp you know the minutes are counting down quickly you only have 9 minutes so your mind goes blank....or maybe that's just me 😞

Katia

« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2017, 08:05:07 PM »

Take a list with you. I find it helps if I make a word for the first letter of everything I want to discuss and the. If I don't feel comfortable getting my paper out I can still remember everything.

I've had really bad bloating with Utrogestan.

DaisyB

« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2017, 09:04:09 PM »

PB - sorry I've come to this post so late. That neighbour needs sorting out - feel like getting on a plane myself and heading over there after reading that!!!
a very wise practice nurse told me at my last smear that bloating after eating lasting longer than 10 days always needs reported and checked now that I'm at this age (was 48 at time) I have IBS - but she said never ever take the chance - stick to the 10 day rule and after that insist on proper checks.
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow xx

Claireylou

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2017, 09:06:09 PM »

Good luck for tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you xxx  :foryou:

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2017, 09:28:13 PM »

Hi PB- good luck tomorrow. Stay strong  :bighug:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2017, 10:03:14 PM »

Let us know if there's a magic method of getting rid of the 7 months pregnant look  :-\ ........  :-[

Peroxideblader

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2017, 12:25:47 PM »

Thanks everyone..it'll be almost 2 weeks bloating so hopefully the gp will take me seriously..I'll let you know how I get on later x

CLKD

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2017, 12:34:31 PM »

Good Luck!

My belly was flatter this morning but has grown as the day went on  :-\

Peroxideblader

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2017, 12:59:37 PM »

My tummy isn't as swollen in the morning but still stuck out and painful but by 4 or 5pm pre food it's awful and by 10pm I can hardly get my breathe or stand upright ..plus the weeing is worse which for me whose got an overactive bladder and needs a wee every hour at the least I'm barely going 20 minutes..so what is your diagnose clkd and why would I get it so suddenly and for so long?? You saying it's just peri?

Peroxideblader

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2017, 02:31:32 PM »

Well no surprise the gp was rubbish gave her all my symptoms she pressed my tummy briefly said feels fine and her verdict was yes probably hormonal..just my age..so I pushed for a scan to check my cysts she agreed but didn't understand why I would need it???? I mentioned ovarian cancer she said no my tummy felt fine and I hadn't lost weight just gained tummy bloat so no its not that...un frigging real!!

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2017, 02:37:53 PM »

At least you're getting your scan PB so that should tell you more. X

Claireylou

« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2017, 02:40:45 PM »

Gosh PB she sounds useless!!

But she is referring you for a scan? At least that's something positive for your peace of mind.

Not sure how you'd feel about this but would be paying to go private be an option for you? I've read on here that various places do them and the private hospital where I had mine done cost around £200.

Really hope you start to get some answers soon xxx

CLKD

« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2017, 03:11:11 PM »

Have you asked the question on the Ovacome web-site (which is how I landed here  ::) ).  Will you have to wait long for the scan, maybe ring to see if you can take a cancellation at short notice?

Peroxideblader

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2017, 06:35:15 PM »

They said I should receive an appt within 12 weeks...great eh..good job it's not cancer I'd be dead by then it's unreal..wouldn't you think they'd push the scan just in case to cover themselves..and what ova come clkd??
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6