Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Time for the next thing??  (Read 966 times)

Mogster71

Time for the next thing??
« on: August 15, 2020, 12:37:51 PM »

Hi ladies

I've not posted very much over the last couple of months (but dipping in for a read from time to time!) as happily things had been going really well.

My backstory is that I am coming up to 49 and well into peri, if not close to "the line"  ::)  After 18 months of horrible headaches and nausea, I had a few false starts at HRT and last autumn settled on Femoston 1/10. For 3 months things seemed great but from about Christmas time just gone my headaches returned even on the HRT and life was miserable, with a bit of VA thrown in for good measure.

As we went into Lockdown I knew I had to get myself sorted and it was either stop altogether or change. I took a gamble and tried some Femoston 2/10 that was in the cupboard from a previous attempt; the relief from the headaches was instant. Doc was happy to prescribe me on this and I have been really happy with very little to bother me in terms of symptoms, until the last month or so. What is it with the 3 or 4 month thing when things just stop working???

On this tablet I seem to do better in the progesterone phase! I always thought I was progesterone intolerant because of how my body reacted in the second half of my sequi tablets. Now it seems from as soon as I resume oestrogen only I feel rough as a badgers backside, period itself is a doddle as in normal bleeds but headaches are back (albeit milder and nowhere near as frequent) and I think this time it's the nausea. Oh, and the complete and utter intolerance of anyone!! :D I'm so angry all the time.

Does anyone have any suggestions at all as to what may be happening? Of course I do realise I'm going to have to try and see my GP again, especially if I need to change regime.

I should throw in here that I tried patches and utrogestan between two attempts at Femoston 1/10. I found them quite strong but then maybe I actually needed it and didn't give my body enough time??

I seriously don't want to go back to having daily headaches and feeling like rubbish...I felt like I've had my life back these last months and have even started exercising which I adore. I'm terrified of being miserable with it all again  :'( :'( :'(

Sorry for whingeing x

Calmity1972

• First Flush
Re: Time for the next thing??
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 05:01:03 PM »

Hi @Mogster71, did you ever solve this? These are my exact circumstances and i wondered if managed to transition to something that worked for you or found a compromise that I could possibly suggest to my Doc?

Excited to find a post that understands my position.

Mogster71

Re: Time for the next thing??
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 05:31:16 PM »

Hi Calamity :)

I'm really sorry to hear that you're suffering - headaches are so debilitating. Do you get nausea too? I do have some anti-nausea meds luckily, but I really don't like having to rely on these and painkillers when I fell I know the source of the problem.

It's a pretty timely question as I limped along after writing that post as my doctor was reluctant to move me onto anything else, based on the fact that I have reacted to most other progesterones. But since the end of last year my headaches had gradually stepped up, so we had another conversation last week and I have been moved onto a sequi patch (Evorel 50). It's a bit of a gamble as I don't know what I'm going to be like with the norethisterone, but in all fairness it was the very first one I tried (Novofem) and I didn't give it long at all (now I know better how you need to give things time to settle). I also hadn't tried it transdermally, the only other patch I'd tried was single hormones with Utrogestan.

It's very early days as I only started the patches on Thursday morning so can't really report back yet. I will do though. I feel at least that if all else fails I can come back to the Femoston!

What have you tried so far, anything else other than the Femoston? Hopefully you have a patient and open-minded GP who is willing to support you as you find something. At least the supplies and availability seem to be better than before, so many things were out of stock when I first started HRT in 2019.

Mog x