Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Extreme bloating  (Read 17463 times)

Peroxideblader

Re: Extreme bloating
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2017, 06:39:13 PM »

Claireylou I would have considered a private scan if I thought it was cancer but from what I can read it could just be peri or cysts which if it's cysts they're usually benign and if it's peri well I'm doomed scan or no scan..if this is peri my life would be over I'm in pain and can barely stand or do anything I'm so swollen and bloated  plus no clothes fit..add my insbility to go to bed to escape the misery and sleep I really hope they find some reason for this and a lot sooner than 12 weeks

nearly50

« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2017, 06:50:46 PM »

Peroxideblader, I feel for you as I had the same sort of bloating early on and it is miserable. If it is peri (and I really do think it is likely since it is so common) then it won't last forever, I only get it now and again now. I got my scan in 8 weeks or so last year so hopefully yours will be within that time frame too.

Maybe keep a food diary to see if that's making a difference. I couldn't eat potatoes or bread for a couple of years but fine with both now. Maybe a good probiotic would be worthwhile too

Mbrown001

« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2017, 07:08:40 PM »

I was about to suggest a big diet change to see if that would help.
Have you tried any of the OtC remedies for bloating. Windeze is good. Gaviscon....or my recent discovery Activated charcoal.
Have you tried keeping a diary.
What is your diet like.

I think if you have to wait 12 weeks then trying some other simple things might be an idea. Your diet would be the first thing I would look at. Have you looked at the FODMAP. It's for IBS sufferers but could be worth a read.

Mrs Brown

Katia

« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2017, 07:10:55 PM »

It wouldn't by any chance be connected to progesterone would it?  I am bloating badly with Utrogestan and have noticed after I eat my stomach swells terribly. I stopped the Utrogestan to see if it was that, everything went back to normal and when I started it again it's come back

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2017, 08:13:13 PM »

Have sent you a PM Peroxid  ;)

I don't think that hormones in general have any impact on me though I've been getting more bloated as the days go on, it can't all be gravity!  Last night at 11.30 I looked 7 months pregnant  :-\ but by morning, that bulk had dispersed ....... don't remember having wind in the night  :-X

Did I suggest that you ring the Dept and ask for a cancellation appt. if you are able to nip for the scan at short notice  :-\  :o .....  I think I will search for activated charcoal when we are next near a Pharmacy.

Peroxideblader

« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2017, 10:34:07 PM »

Thanks...I hope this isn't peri symptom. It'd be OK if it was occasional but not constant..
As for diet I watch my weight exercise don't drink but I love a slice of brown bread and a baked potato so please don't let it be that. My diet is a restricted one apart from that but lots of veg daily. Don't know what could cause such bad bloating as I wake up with it and it increases a lot by lunch even though I haven't eaten for 15 hours...just feels cruel when you've watched your weight from a young age to stay a suze 10 then suddenly your body gets fat and bloated for no extra food..so unfair and adds to existing depression and low self esteem.
I hope my scan comes within 8 weeks like you said. Can I ask what your scan was for? I'm only having ultrasound but last time they needed internal one to diagnose cysts size shape etc

DaisyB

« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2017, 11:26:23 PM »

I had Wild experience with activated charcoal so please be careful  :o   think it may have leaked through my gut and I was in agony - emergency dr said it was probably that and I never touched it again. I think if you have IBS you def need to be careful  :-\

Katia

« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2017, 05:03:50 AM »

Try fennel my consultant has said there are lots of positive studies coming out on it for bloating. I haven't ordered any yet, but I keep meaning too. Utrogestan is causing mine. It's definitely affecting my digestion.  Are you taking HRT?

nearly50

« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2017, 05:18:39 AM »

Thanks...I hope this isn't peri symptom. It'd be OK if it was occasional but not constant..
As for diet I watch my weight exercise don't drink but I love a slice of brown bread and a baked potato so please don't let it be that. My diet is a restricted one apart from that but lots of veg daily. Don't know what could cause such bad bloating as I wake up with it and it increases a lot by lunch even though I haven't eaten for 15 hours...just feels cruel when you've watched your weight from a young age to stay a suze 10 then suddenly your body gets fat and bloated for no extra food..so unfair and adds to existing depression and low self esteem.
I hope my scan comes within 8 weeks like you said. Can I ask what your scan was for? I'm only having ultrasound but last time they needed internal one to diagnose cysts size shape etc

Mine was because of abdominal pain, this time last year I was off work for a month and unable to sleep because of constant pain. Found multiple fibroids which are the cause of a lot of my problems. Bloating separate issue , i think, which is not now so common but when I do get it I have to eat very plainly for a while and avoid sugar too. Definitely worth looking vCard at your diet for short term changes at least.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2017, 10:40:57 PM »

OK - today I've not drunk as much black T with 2 sugars as usual and my belly is no bigger now than it was this morning.  Also, baked potatoes in the oven suit me fine, cooked in the microwave and I feel really ill within an hour  :-\

Will give the charcoal a miss then and go back to my Colpermin ...........

DaisyB

« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2017, 10:59:41 PM »

I've discovered ' buscopan cramps' for spasms - mebeverine was also best when really bad flare ups started  ???

In pain

« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2021, 06:06:08 PM »

I have had constant bloating for e months from morning to night. Had ovarian blood test came back normal hand transvaginal scan came back normal had tummy felt by doctor normal. So I'm at a loss as to what it is

Lalb1

« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2021, 11:00:54 PM »

I've been having bloating normally before a period, always a little uncomfortable but bearable.
However this last 6 weeks it's got worse, I've missed my 1st period and gosh do I know about it.
Period cramps and abdominal discomfort, bloating and nausea.
The bloating feels worse tonight but I'm thinking that may be because I've not eaten too well today. I'm currently in day 47 of no period. I've had buscopan for the cramps/bloating but doesn't seem to have helped tonight. My tummy feels tight bloated but I keep feeling like gas bubbles floating about. Anyone had similar?

Taz2

« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2021, 09:22:33 AM »

Hi Lalb1. Bloating is very uncomfy so I sympathise. I've not found that buscopan helps with bloating but is great for cramps or to slow the bowel down. Have you tried any of the over the counter anti bloating remedies? Do antacids help? There is info on the NHS site called Beat the Bloat.which might help. A brisk 10 minute walk does sometimes improve things

Taz x
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]