Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Extreme bloating  (Read 17882 times)

Peroxideblader

Re: Extreme bloating
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2017, 04:28:54 PM »

Well I'm even more worried im being a time waster going to doctor next week now after talking to a neighbour I've not really talked to much before..she's a nurse and found out from my close neighbour I've not been so well for years!! Didn't tell her much as you do said I'm fine just the time of life...she said it's natural nothing to worry about just the odd sweat and periods stop..she's one of the lucky ones who've  sailed through..but as she's a nurse I mentioned this awful painful bloating and nausea and cramps said I might get referred for scan to check the cysts they found and got a tirade sayibg don't waste the doctors time it's just weight gain and probably wind being the age I am and it's all natural...felt about an inch high and crawled home...I haven't changed my diet this last week yet this swollen tummy is awful I'm really struggling..let's hope my doctor doesn't have her attitude..I'll let you all  know..( nervous now even more so)

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2017, 04:33:10 PM »

Total a**e. She needs a kick up the backside.
Don't listen to halfwits like her. What the hell does she know? Grrrrr
 :diablo:

Peroxideblader

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2017, 05:25:30 PM »

Thank you..guess I just freaked with her being a nurse and having no one close to reassure me..thank goodness for your lovely ladies I don't feel such an idiot or hypochondriac...roll on my appt I'm practising being assertive already lol....

Claireylou

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2017, 05:27:19 PM »

I agree with the others, please don't be discouraged. Get yourself to the appointment and stand your ground. You can practise being assertive on here with us if it helps  :)

Peroxideblader

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2017, 06:13:15 PM »

I'll need your support after my appointment no doubt if I get nowhere as expected...watch this space I'll let you all know how I get on..

Claireylou

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2017, 06:14:47 PM »

We will be here for you xxx  :hug:

Peroxideblader

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2017, 06:32:31 PM »

Thanks so much that means a lot. :)

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2017, 06:48:38 PM »

PB-write your symptoms down. Bullet points- not war and peace.
Tell your doctor you are too upset to read them out as you are so worried.
Hand the list over and let your GP read them.
Please don't be fobbed off- it's better to be safe than sorry so insist on further investigations.

It's terrible but the menopause robs us totally of our self confidence. I've always been assertive and I've turned into a gibbering wreck and feel like a wee girl and cry like a baby. I think it should be compulsory training for GPs and nurses to be made to read this site, especially the forum. Maybe they wouldn't be so dismissive of the very real issues that we face.

If you come out of that doctors appointment without moving forward, I'm gonna come down to Lancashire and kick your a**e!!!  :beat:
Now, if that isn't enough to motivate you, I don't know what is. A red faced, sweaty , shouty , sweary, greetin' ( crying ) Scottish nutter who's wearing her top inside out and a pair of mismatched shoes. Your choice honey!
Only joking, I wish you well- just take it easy and try not to fret. We're all here to help.
With love and best wishes  :foryou:

Mbrown001

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2017, 07:24:42 PM »

Oh that woman should  :-X her big mouth.

How dare she. What does she know.

I agree with Michelemabelle. Write down your bullet points and just hand it over and then discuss. You have the right to insist although I know it's hard to do.

Get your head up. This is your health and you need answers.

Even if we can't all be with you in person we are all virtually standing behind you so please remember that as you walk in the door.

Oh and do you have any rubbish you can burn right next to your ever so helpful neighbours Windows....the smellier the better.

Mrs Brown.

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2017, 07:37:21 PM »

Oh Ma Broon that's terrible!!!
I think PB should sew prawns into the hems of her curtains...Provided of course she doesn't have to break and enter which is clearly illegal and we don't want PB carted away by the polis! X

Mbrown001

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2017, 07:39:46 PM »

Or a smelly fish up her exhaust pipe  ;D

I would suggest sugar in her petrol tank but that would be illegal and very very wrong and of course I would never consider such a thing  ;)

Don't mess with us Scottish Lassies.

Mrs Brown

coldethyl

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2017, 07:56:07 PM »

No one can say you're fine without a proper examination so next time you see this neighbour ask exactly how she knows it's just a bit of wind - if she'd told me that and I'd listened to her , I'd be stage 4 and terminal by now !! Please go - these things are more often than not just normal for women with hormonal changes going on, but sometimes sadly , it's more - a doctor would far rather be able to rule anything sinister out early on than be telling you nothing can be done - and you're actually saving the health service money by not needing such extensive care at later stages of illness - wind goes away - the abdominal bloating associated with pelvic cancers doesn't - the older lady in with me who also had ovarian cancer looked six months pregnant - let us know how you get on and be assertive - it's your life and well being x

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2017, 07:56:25 PM »

I think she's probably got the smelly fish up her exhaust pipe already and needs to visit her local clinic  ;D

Peroxideblader

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2017, 10:56:31 PM »

Ha ha you lot are mad..but I like the sound of a mad Scottish lady coming to kick my arse...I need it believe me...luckily the list it quite short as it all swollen tummy nausea and pains in tummy and shoulders..I am always ratty and snappy so maybe I'll resort to the meno lady which takes no shit and will get somewhere..surely asking for a scan and or blood test to see if those 3 cysts haven't grown in the 5 years since last checked and to check for no signs of bast things..I want prace of mind that's no a lot to ask is it?? If they won't you mad odd sock wearing Scottish warrior will need to coming given here sort me out ha ha ha  :lol: :lol: :scottie:

Peroxideblader

« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2017, 01:48:35 PM »

Well my gp appt is tomorrow now they had a cancellation it's a doctor I've never seen so apart from telling her I want a ultrasound to check my cysts from 5 years ago should I push anything else..my stomach is still swollen hard and painful and now have 2 big bruises on each side God knows what happened there..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6