Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Inverted nipple sort of  (Read 75998 times)

babypink2807

Re: Inverted nipple sort of
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2015, 08:54:58 PM »

I had my appointment today. I met with my consultant and was told I need a Mastectomy. Shocked

Linsey44

« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2015, 09:05:09 PM »

Blossom22

Im sorry that this wasnt news you had anticipated, its just such a lot to cope with and take on board, your head will probably be buzzing with questions you want to ask.

Have they offered to do immediate reconstruction for you? 

You are in my thoughts
Linsey x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2015, 10:07:13 PM »

My Mum had a mastectomy at age 66, no further treatment required  ;).  Will you want a reconstruction?  It can hide problems should they occur at a later date ……

Make a list of your next queries.  Have you been given a dedicated Breast Care Nurse to talk issues with?

:bighug:

babypink2807

« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2015, 04:05:33 AM »

I have a dedicated nurse. I can have reconstruction but not straight away. They want to take their time with me

Linsey44

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2015, 05:45:52 AM »

Hi Blossom
I would imagine they are delaying reconstruction to allow treatment to start as soon as possible after you recover from your masectomy.

Also you need lots of time to research all the different reconstruction methods.  I know this from experience but not because I have had cancer and also  through speaking to women who had different reconstruction types taking time to consider options is vital  This isnt the sort of decision to be made while you are in shock.

The main thing is to focus on your treatment plan and recovery. I bought a friend a book that she found quite inspiring, PM me if you want to know the title. 

Stay positive

Linseyx

CLKD

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2015, 03:36:00 PM »

Let us know how you get on!

Taz2

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2015, 03:43:23 PM »

It's not that they can take their time Blossom - some cancers and mastectomies are suitable for immediate reconstruction and some aren't. Your surgeon will have given your case a lot of thought. As Linsey says depending on the type of treatment you need i.e. chemo and then radio or possibly just radio then an immediate reconstruction may delay treatment. My friend had mastectomy and immediate reconstruction and she began her chemo two weeks after that. Her radiotherapy then followed the chemo by which time her reconstruction had healed brilliantly. She met women during her treatment who were having chemo before mastectomy and others who were having mastectomy, radiotherapy and then reconstruction and some women who didn't want a reconstruction at all. I'm sure you are being well looked after. Have you got a date yet for your op?

Taz x  :hug:

CLKD

« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2015, 03:46:51 PM »

My Mum didn't get offered reconstruction and even I don't know which side is the operation side  ;) so it really is a personal choice.  I wouldn't want to go through further anaesthetic.

babypink2807

« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2015, 08:35:29 AM »

I have been given a date of 1st October, but if a cancellation comes up I will be offered it.  I was in hospital yesterday for Pre Surgical Assessment, ready to go now.  I just cannot believe the last two years, I really cant!

LindyLouLou

« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2015, 02:16:52 PM »

Hi Blossom
Been thinking of you.  I was given a cancellation which was good as not too long to dwell on it.   Have you had any results from scans etc yet?
Linda
xx

Taz2

« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2015, 02:31:52 PM »

That's quite a wait Blossom but maybe you will get a cancellation. Do you know which type of cancer you are dealing with yet? Is there anyone you can ask to stay with you afterwards as that can make a lot of difference to your recovery. A friend perhaps?

Taz x

babypink2807

« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2015, 02:42:20 PM »

Yes I know what type it is.

I was only told on Monday about the Mastectomy after lots of scans last week, it is really quick.  Its only four weeks away, the Macmillan nurse calls me regularly, I cant fault them at all.  I have only known about the cancer for about 5 weeks, so all in all this is happening fairly quickly

honeybun

« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2015, 02:55:55 PM »

My sister in law chose not to have a reconstruction. She was not offered it immediately but had to wait until after her treatement was complete, she then decided just to stay the way she was.

Another friend had immediate reconstruction, so I guess it's all down to what they think is best.

Can I ask what kind you have. Perhaps too intrusive a question...if so just ignore me  ::)

Just wanted to wish you all the best.

Honeybun
X

babypink2807

« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2015, 06:45:02 AM »

I wont ignore your post, but would rather not mention the type, still have a long way to go in my head yet

honeybun

« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2015, 06:47:47 AM »

That's understandable.

Take care

Honeyb
x
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16