Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 737989 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #270 on: February 08, 2016, 02:32:33 PM »

I had a Mirena in post meno for 4 and a half years and found it OK - I tried all kinds of other progesterones before this which all gave me problems and Utro was the best but still not ideal as it has given me problematic bleeding.  I actually won't don't rule out having another Mirena but I'm about to turn 60 and want to see if i can manage with just Vagifem for now. Even in post meno one must expect to get some bleeding and spotting after the Mirena is fitted but in post meno this should settle quite quickly and then no bleeding to worry about after that.  Don't be anxious - it can be removed very easily if after 3-6 months you really don't feel good - I bet you'll be OK though.
Take some Ibuprofen before the Mirena is fitted and have a little lie down for an hour afterwords at home - you should be fine by the evening - I was.
DG xxx 

Goosieloosie

« Reply #271 on: February 08, 2016, 03:09:47 PM »

I've had my very first Estradot patch on 12 days today and so far haven't taken any Utrogestan, I am post meno but was planning to take it vaginally on a cycle so that I don't have to take it orally every day as I'm worried about side effects and getting more concerned reading everyone's troubles with it  :o. Anyway I know I have to start the Utrogestan very soon but how long can I actually go with the Estradot (oestrogen only)  as the thing is I am trying to work it out as we have a big holiday coming up and will be away for most of May, now to avoid any bleeding on holiday and to avoid also being on the Utrogestan on holiday it would mean I need to wait until about day 20 of this cycle to begin taking it (instead of starting on day 15) and then the following 2 cycles would be 20 aswell. Basically it's going to be a squash to get 3 cycles in before the first week in May. The way I have it sort of planned at the moment would mean taking the last Utro on April 29th so I have my bleed and be finished it before we leave on May 8th and as we are not home until May 29th I won't want to start the utro again until at least then??? This is assuming after all of this that I tolerate it well enough  :-\ Would it be ok to not take Utro for a full month?? And when should I start this month? I'm day 15 on Thursday 11th Feb but I want to wait until Feb 16th or even  a few days later than this would be even better if it's safe to do so. I am so confused with all of this and really worrying myself about leaving a massive gap of no Utro. I'd really appreciate some help and advice please on what is best way forward or is there another way that I haven't thought about that you 'professionals' can advise? Sorry I feel really dim regarding all of this! Incidentally I had a heavy breakthrough bleed 2 weeks ago just before i changed from femseven to Estradot. I've been feeling  absolutely fantastic on the Estradot only... such a shame I have to take the Utro lol!

Tinkerbell

« Reply #272 on: February 08, 2016, 03:13:13 PM »

Thank you dancing girl....I will definitely give the Mirena a go.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #273 on: February 08, 2016, 06:33:19 PM »

My issues with Utrogestan are not typical, I think most women do extremely well on Utro and in fact if it hadn't been for the problematic bleeding I would definitely have stuck with it and I may try it again in time.   I always say that when trying any HRT preparation one should not expect or look for problems - too often women seem so anxious and blame HRT for every twinge, ache, pain, headache. palpitation etc. - I do think one needs to focus on the positive, enjoy the benefits (which are often many) and not expect to feel good every day as this is unrealistic.
Stellajane has given good advice - when I was in my 40s and using Oestrogel with a synthetic progesterone I simply started the 10 days of progesterone on the first day of each month - if I had something important going on when my bleed was due I just moved my starting day either forwards or backwards by a few days. Good luck  Dg x

Maryjane

« Reply #274 on: February 08, 2016, 07:31:54 PM »

I see Dr Annie Evans I use utrogestin 7 days a month days 21-27 and I am fine, I don't look at the side effects as we can " make " them happen.

Niamh

« Reply #275 on: February 10, 2016, 06:21:59 AM »

Tinkerbell I see the utro gave you vivid dreams that woke you lots...it knocked me out for fhe first 4/5 days then I started to wake more with lots of dreams. I only take it for 7 days and the last 2 after ive stopped it ive been getting this...constant dreams and keep waking but I'm not even on it now! Do you think it's as it's still in my system? Did it stop for you straight away or take a few days to calm down? Thx

Niamh

« Reply #276 on: February 10, 2016, 08:19:28 AM »

That's interesting do you think its the same vaginally as I get worried some hangs around longer up there. My last dose was on the night if the 7th last month my bleed came on 12th so hopefully this horrid sleep will pass soon 😁😴x

Hurdity

« Reply #277 on: February 10, 2016, 09:25:37 AM »

I've had my very first Estradot patch on 12 days today and so far haven't taken any Utrogestan, I am post meno but was planning to take it vaginally on a cycle so that I don't have to take it orally every day as I'm worried about side effects and getting more concerned reading everyone's troubles with it  :o. Anyway I know I have to start the Utrogestan very soon but how long can I actually go with the Estradot (oestrogen only)  as the thing is I am trying to work it out as we have a big holiday coming up and will be away for most of May, now to avoid any bleeding on holiday and to avoid also being on the Utrogestan on holiday it would mean I need to wait until about day 20 of this cycle to begin taking it (instead of starting on day 15) and then the following 2 cycles would be 20 aswell. Basically it's going to be a squash to get 3 cycles in before the first week in May. The way I have it sort of planned at the moment would mean taking the last Utro on April 29th so I have my bleed and be finished it before we leave on May 8th and as we are not home until May 29th I won't want to start the utro again until at least then??? This is assuming after all of this that I tolerate it well enough  :-\ Would it be ok to not take Utro for a full month?? And when should I start this month? I'm day 15 on Thursday 11th Feb but I want to wait until Feb 16th or even  a few days later than this would be even better if it's safe to do so. I am so confused with all of this and really worrying myself about leaving a massive gap of no Utro. I'd really appreciate some help and advice please on what is best way forward or is there another way that I haven't thought about that you 'professionals' can advise? Sorry I feel really dim regarding all of this! Incidentally I had a heavy breakthrough bleed 2 weeks ago just before i changed from femseven to Estradot. I've been feeling  absolutely fantastic on the Estradot only... such a shame I have to take the Utro lol!

Hi Goosieloosie

As Stellajane - I vary when I do my Utro according to what I'm doing. less so now as I am on a two-monthly cycle so do approx the 1st of every other month and this seems to fit in with when I'm away, festivals I go to etc. When I was doing a shorter cycle I used to work out the whole year of when I was taking it so varied my cycle from 5 - 8 weeks (I do know how my womb lining responds by now so know it's OK!). For the longer gaps I would use the utro for more days - and less for 5 week cycles.

Hurdity x

Hurdity

« Reply #278 on: February 10, 2016, 09:30:44 AM »

That's interesting do you think its the same vaginally as I get worried some hangs around longer up there. My last dose was on the night if the 7th last month my bleed came on 12th so hopefully this horrid sleep will pass soon 😁😴x

It depends how your quickly your body responds to the fall in progesterone. It will start to drop in your system very soon after the missed dose. According to the product info the elimination half-life is max approx 20 hours. This means roughly that the levels in your system will be reduced by half in that time. I sometimes start to bleed the next day following the missed dose so my body usually responds  very quickly - and I use it vaginally. Other times I've waited a couple of days so it's not consistent! Never more than 2-3 though :)

Hurdity x

Niamh

« Reply #279 on: February 10, 2016, 10:54:40 AM »

Thanks Hurdity!

I think the disturbed sleep is the progesterone dropping away, my sleep is really sensitive to any fluctuations especially prog owing to my intolerance. This is very similar to the sleep I got before my natural period which is when prog would have been dropping.  That 20 hours would make a lot of sense as it's been noticeably worse from then on should even out in the next few days when my bleed starts..I do find every month is different which makes it tricky!
Nx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #280 on: February 10, 2016, 11:07:06 AM »

Hi Niamh

Same here. I am only 4 days into the combi tabs on Femoston 2/10. But last night I had some brown spotting, and had dreadful insomnia and this morning I am having a withdrawal bleed, mid packet. And I'm back to feeling anxious and tearful, after 10 days of feeling great.

This shouldn't even be my 'own' period breaking through, as my Femoston is synchronised to my own cycle (I started it on same day as my natural period started back at Xmas).

But I have noticed these last few months, I can never sleep the night before my bleed is due.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #281 on: February 10, 2016, 03:19:54 PM »

GRL - If you are peri meno then your own hormones will be fluctuating so I'm afraid you can't know when and if your cycle is happening in the background!! If you have had a surge of your own oestrogen then this might cause the breakthrough bleeding. This is the tough thing with the peri stage and mood swings etc are often inevitable.  All one can hope is that the HRT will help to control these fluctuations along the way.  Dg x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #282 on: February 10, 2016, 04:40:21 PM »

Hi DG

It certainly could be my own hormones buggering about in the background. But I think any oestrogen surge I had was last week, when my own oestrogen was rising, as I felt almost stoned as I was that relaxed and dreamy. But I don't believe I actually ovulated in the end, as I had no egg white mucus etc.

I think I am reacting (again) to the synthetic progesterone in Femoston. And I don't know if that gets any better through time?

I have certainly felt really good and just like my old self on the oestrogen only tabs of 2/10 though.

Peterspots

« Reply #283 on: February 10, 2016, 07:16:16 PM »

I'm now changing to evorel conti. Is 100 mg more that 170 mcg of progesterone?

Nina

« Reply #284 on: February 10, 2016, 07:33:37 PM »

Hello English rose

Evorel conti only comes in 50, not 100.

Here it was evorel conti is:

Transdermal estradiol 50mcg & transdermal norethisterone 170 mcg

So it is a combined patch with 50mcg oestrogen and 170mcg of progesterone

Hope that helps  :)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 187