Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187]

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 727310 times)

AJ1988

• First Flush
Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #2790 on: March 25, 2024, 02:20:38 PM »

hi,

I had the same experience when i first started the gel, my boobs felt heavy and very tender, it did ease off after 2 weeks or so, i think its the gel not the utro but i could be wrong x

jd0072

• First Flush
« Reply #2791 on: March 25, 2024, 09:16:40 PM »

Hi there been on HRT for 2 years periods ended 2 years ago has initially bad night sweats low mood etc.  Ive been on 2 pumps or gel and 1 utrogestan pill (1 pump on each thigh in the morning and pill at night).  Had HRT review today night sweats stopped instantly as soon as I started 2 years ago.  Mentioned some days energy is low occasional moodieness and doctor suggested increasing to 3 pumps and 2 x utrogetsan pills at night - just wondered thoughts on this - i'm feeling im doing not too bad bar the lethargic days - doctor said an extra pump might help energy levels - but then it would be another utrogestan pill every day too - i take pill continuously.

Izzy

• First Flush
« Reply #2792 on: March 29, 2024, 11:18:50 AM »

Hello ladies.
I'm new here and to HRT and hopefully to get some answers please.
I'm 49 in peri. Few months ago doctor started me on progesterone 200mcg day 14 to 28 to regulate my periods. After starting that my bleed would start while still taking progesterone and last for many days very light though. I was always confused not knowing if I should stop progesterone or continue for the 14 days?
Just recently I went back as the sleeping issues continued( I can fall asleep but up at 4am) and I started having some night sweats etc. He gave me the estrogen patch low dose 25mcg. So with that I finished my progesterone 10 days ago and no bleed. I know its my first month and things should regulate. Do I start progesterone again 14 days after my last dose even if no period? If my period starts now do I count it as day 1 and start in 14 days? Not sure if the patches are too low but he was very hesitant to prescribe as I'm still cycling on my own.
Thank you so much !

LKR

• First Flush
« Reply #2793 on: April 15, 2024, 08:53:15 AM »

I’ve been on Utrogesten ( 12 on 16 off) and estrogel for years . My bleed has always been insignificant. But this month has been fairly heavy for me . I have been using fresh turmeric and ginger shots daily - not huge amounts ( 200g ginger & 50g turmeric juiced lasts at least 10 days ) I’m wondering if the turmeric would be causing the change in bleed ?
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187]