Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 727375 times)

menomum68

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #1305 on: July 10, 2018, 08:49:51 AM »

Morning,
Cassie, I just wanted to say a huge thank you.  I 'popped' the Utrogestan up there last night and wow, I feel so much better today.  Still a little spaced but that's probably to be expected as it'll take a few days to get over taking it orally but honestly, the difference is huge. 
I may actually get some work done today!!
Memomum x

Traceylr

« Reply #1306 on: July 10, 2018, 09:59:18 AM »

Morning all,
@menomum68 just a bit of info . I take utro 100mgs daily   no break  ( vaginally at night time) I too changed from taking it orally because of side effects , mainly flat mood / awol libido . When I changed over I did experience two 5 day bleeds 3 weeks apart . All appears to have settled now and no side effects ! So just be prepared you may/ maynot ( hopefully) have any probs changing from daily oral to vag use. I bought a vaginal applicator( think its designed for delivering oestrogen gel up there, but the utro caps fit in perfectly)  from the chemist so am able to ‘get it up' really high next to the cervix . Good luck .

Macjac

« Reply #1307 on: July 10, 2018, 06:52:47 PM »

Hi

On my first month of Sandrena and Utrogestan ( 100mg for 12 days vaginally)

I don't seem to have had any real side effects apart from the fact my ankles feel swollen and stiff even when I first get up.

Anyone else had this?

Thanks

Macjac

robotwars

« Reply #1308 on: July 11, 2018, 08:14:52 AM »

I have had no swollen ankles, i'm taking utrogestan every night and 2 pumps of estrogel, I am experiencing a dull ache and stomach pains, like your going to come on but don't, it feels awful, I am wondering whether I should try 12 days a month and do peri regime, just trying to work out the best time to stop for 2 weeks as we are away on the 28th of july….

Cassie

« Reply #1309 on: July 11, 2018, 02:59:20 PM »

yes the utrogestan also gives me those awful bad lower cramps.

robotwars

« Reply #1310 on: July 11, 2018, 07:04:10 PM »

Just a real stupid question, but if you do a peri regime you should have a period and shed the lining, but if you take the utrogestan all month how does the lining remain thin if you don't have a period, im probably being really stupid and having a blonde moment! LOL

Dotty

« Reply #1311 on: July 11, 2018, 07:09:49 PM »

I think the continuous progesterone keeps the lining thin so a bleed is not necessary.

aurora

« Reply #1312 on: July 16, 2018, 12:19:41 PM »

Hi - I'm new here - good to find a thread dealing specifically with utrogestan +estrogel as that's what i'm just starting.

Have been using bioidentical creams but recent tests showed my levels are completely menopausal (my last period was a year ago) so they're obviously not working.  I have Oestraclin from a friend in Spain which has come with what looks like a vaginal applicator - I have no intention of putting it there but in any case It is not clear at all how to use it as a measure so can anyone advise me how i can estimate the correct dose as i don't have a pump?

I'm planning to cycle both and have monthly "period".

The Utrogestan is 100 mg - it gives me acid reflux in the night if i swallow it but vaginally it's fine (i've tried it once each way - only just received oestraclin) It makes me sleep very well for 7 hours but then i'm very awake and i need more sleep than that so wondering if I should try 2 ie 200.

I don't have any contraindications for using either medication.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks!

Shelby

« Reply #1313 on: July 16, 2018, 12:57:13 PM »

Hello please can also join this group.
I am 53 and think I am still peri, after trying several different forms of HRT I have now been prescribed 200mg of  Utrogestan from 1st to 14th of each month and 1 pump of estrogel each day...
I take the Utrogestan orally and this does seem to work okay for me, in fact I had been struggling with severe low moods and this pretty much improved from day 1, the gel I only started a couple of days ago, I had been on patches previously but my GP thinks that I don't absorb properly using this method. (I had been on Evorel sequi patches prior to this ) hence the change to the gel. I know it's early days but how long before I start to feel some improvement? My worst symptoms at mo are terrible flushes and crushing fatigue...I have just finished month two of the Utrogestan and started a bleed so that part seems to be working a lot better... now to figure out the other half 🤔 so trying to work out how long to give one pump or to consider increasing it to two. GP is great, she has been through meno hell and says she is out the other side and feeling great...so it's nice to know there IS hope for us all ....  i send big hugs to fello meno girlies .... it really is crap ain't it 😘

Hurdity

« Reply #1314 on: July 16, 2018, 02:09:51 PM »

Hi - I'm new here - good to find a thread dealing specifically with utrogestan +estrogel as that's what i'm just starting.

Have been using bioidentical creams but recent tests showed my levels are completely menopausal (my last period was a year ago) so they're obviously not working.  I have Oestraclin from a friend in Spain which has come with what looks like a vaginal applicator - I have no intention of putting it there but in any case It is not clear at all how to use it as a measure so can anyone advise me how i can estimate the correct dose as i don't have a pump?

I'm planning to cycle both and have monthly "period".

The Utrogestan is 100 mg - it gives me acid reflux in the night if i swallow it but vaginally it's fine (i've tried it once each way - only just received oestraclin) It makes me sleep very well for 7 hours but then i'm very awake and i need more sleep than that so wondering if I should try 2 ie 200.

I don't have any contraindications for using either medication.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks!

Hi aurora

:welcomemm:

We don't have that oestrogen preparation here so I don't think we can help in terms of dosage. Oestrogen gel here in UK comes in a pump pack (oestrogel) or sachet ( Sandrena) and the instructions are given in the leaflet as to dosage.

In terms of cycling the utrogestan - yes that's fine to cycle it. If on a cycle then the usual dose is 200 mg x 12 days per month although with lower doses of oestrogen, if the prog is used vaginally you may be able to get away with less under medical supervision.

Hurdity x

Hurdity

« Reply #1315 on: July 16, 2018, 02:15:07 PM »

Hello please can also join this group.
I am 53 and think I am still peri, after trying several different forms of HRT I have now been prescribed 200mg of  Utrogestan from 1st to 14th of each month and 1 pump of estrogel each day...
I take the Utrogestan orally and this does seem to work okay for me, in fact I had been struggling with severe low moods and this pretty much improved from day 1, the gel I only started a couple of days ago, I had been on patches previously but my GP thinks that I don't absorb properly using this method. (I had been on Evorel sequi patches prior to this ) hence the change to the gel. I know it's early days but how long before I start to feel some improvement? My worst symptoms at mo are terrible flushes and crushing fatigue...I have just finished month two of the Utrogestan and started a bleed so that part seems to be working a lot better... now to figure out the other half 🤔 so trying to work out how long to give one pump or to consider increasing it to two. GP is great, she has been through meno hell and says she is out the other side and feeling great...so it's nice to know there IS hope for us all ....  i send big hugs to fello meno girlies .... it really is crap ain't it 😘

Hi there Shelby - you should start to see and improvement very soon - but depends on what dose of patches you were on? See how you feel after a few weeks - your flushes and sweats should lessen pretty quickly. If not you may need an increase in dose. The fact that you got a bleed on the patches shows you are absorbing some oestrogen even though your flushes didn't go away. I have only used gel in a sachet but generally the advice with increases in dosage is low and slow ie only increase by a small amount at a time because sometimes women seem to get rebound flushes with a sudden large increase.

Well I'm also out the other side (ie well post-menopausal) and feeling fine - but still on HRT in my mid 60's! Don't want to find out how I would feel without it right now - too much to do, life to lead!!! :

Hurdity x

aurora

« Reply #1316 on: July 16, 2018, 02:50:28 PM »

Thanks Hurdity  - Oestraclin is actually exactly the same as estrogel in as much as it's 0.6 mg and 80 g but it's a tube not a pump - I have read on here somewhere  someone suggests Oestraclin as an alternative as it's cheap and OTC (in Spain) - if anyone has used Oestraclin and knows how to measure it I'd be very grateful - thanks!

Saffy

« Reply #1317 on: July 16, 2018, 03:13:18 PM »

I looked into this when I was considering buying OTC in Spain. A Google search for 'Oestraclin Instructions' brought up this pharmacy page but it refers to Oestrogel in a tube and a spatula for measuring. Presumably the instructions are the same for either as they appear to be identical products. The amount suggested is the standard dose 'though (equivalent to 2 pumps of Oestrogel) so you might want to start of half that dose and titrate upwards, depending on symptom relief.

If you scroll down the page, it's under 'How Oestrogel should be used':https://www.inhousepharmacy.vu/p-297-oestrogel.aspx

aurora

« Reply #1318 on: July 16, 2018, 04:49:52 PM »

Thanks Saffy - yes i think the problem is that mine should have come with a spatula but it has a vaginal applicator instead which I think is just a packing mistake as you're not supposed to apply it like that - it's definitely the right stuff though.

I tried using an amount similar to one pump of bioidentical estrogen or progesterone and feel loads better already so I think I'll stick with that for a bit and see how things go ...

aurora

« Reply #1319 on: July 16, 2018, 08:40:18 PM »

There is actually a mark for 2.5 and for 1.25 on the "stick" of the applicator - that didn't make sense as I presumed it was to do with filling the applicator and that wouldn't actually work but maybe it's a dual purpose tool for measuring the gel and also using to insert utrogestan or whatever (even though there's only oestraclin gel in pack). So although it would be difficult to balance the gel on (as it's straw shaped not flat) I could use it as a measure - I'll  try that out tomorrow!  Thanks Stellajane :)
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 187