Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 03:46:36 PM 
Started by Katejo - Last post by CLKD
He is reported as having died from a heart attack.

Apparently a flight can encounter turbulence without warning.  I would certainly have my important documents about my person ...... however, am unlikely to ever step into a plane !

on: Today at 03:46:07 PM 
Started by dianad - Last post by Violetta808
I cut mine into thirds because of bleeding (and sore boobs too) on the full patch. I am not sure it was quite enough as I was getting occasional headaches again, but I didn't bleed, so it's worth a go and you can always increase to half. I only did it for a couple of weeks though and I'm taking a different type of HRT now.

on: Today at 03:40:49 PM 
Started by Katejo - Last post by littleminnie
I assume he wasn’t wearing his seatbelt. I always keep mine on in case of turbulence.

on: Today at 03:27:44 PM 
Started by CrispyChick - Last post by Dotty
https://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/a60825356/julianna-margulies-menopause/

Hi i found my email about the newsletter and this is the link to the article it mentions.

on: Today at 03:21:51 PM 
Started by Violetta808 - Last post by Violetta808
Just an update as I’ve finished my first month of Tibolone.

To recap - I had a bumpy start with conventional HRT (Everol Conti then Everol + Utrogestan) all of which made me bleed a lot, hence investigations on 2-week pathway, and hysteroscopy, and discovery of fibroids, and gynaecologists giving conflicting advice, and all the associated stress and worry. I also realised (once I stopped) that I was feeling very bloated and water-retentive on it.

So I eventually had a follow-up appointment and the consultant suggested I try Tibolone.

I don’t want to jinx it, but so far so good. I’ve had no side effects at all, no bleeding, no boob-ache, nothing. At first I even wondered whether I’d been given a placebo sugar pill as I felt nothing different… except now the menopause headaches have gone, VA is well under control and I feel more normal and ‘myself’ than I have for a long time.

To be honest I was a little dubious about taking a synthetic steroid but it seems to suit me and has been so much more gentle than conventional HRT, and there's a lot to be said for the convenience of just having to swallow one tiny pill every morning.

Fingers crossed that Tibolone continues to work for me, and I hope this is a positive message to anyone else wondering about trying it.

on: Today at 03:21:11 PM 
Started by Minnie Mouse - Last post by Minnie Mouse
Thanks, useful to know.
This whole thing is a magical mystery tour, and not so magical :o

on: Today at 02:54:57 PM 
Started by Katejo - Last post by CLKD
Probably

And now the death on a flight caught in turbulence last night  :-\ :'(

on: Today at 02:46:53 PM 
Started by Minnie Mouse - Last post by joziel
It's probably that your own body has contributed some estrogen just randomly. It's why bloods are not reliable during peri. If you feel good apart from this I wouldn't change anything. Lenzetto is quite low dose and it would be very unusual to be at 1000pmol just on Lenzetto.... more likely that your body made some.

1000pmol isn't that high, by the way. Your own body would have regularly been that high when you ovulated every month most of your life.

on: Today at 02:17:49 PM 
Started by Katejo - Last post by jaypo
No jaypo no - several passengers are affected by a severe stomach bug on a couple of cruise ships  :-X :-\

That's nothing new tbh but the media like getting stuck not cruise ships at the minute, I've cruised for years and I think songbird even longer than me and we've never had it, oh no,have I jinxed it now??

on: Today at 02:10:08 PM 
Started by rachie - Last post by rachie
I can check again with guest services and see if they know.
We are in a small resort quite a distance from town, so will check before I make a taxi journey

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10