Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 10:12:52 AM 
Started by buffy26 - Last post by Wrensong
Forgot to mention earlier, I started a thread on insomnia about a month ago in the members only section you may like to look at to see what other members have suggested.  Called something like chronic insomnia & overheating long postmenopause.

Sorry, can't have read your post properly - I see now the blood test wasn't this morning!

on: Today at 10:09:20 AM 
Started by buffy26 - Last post by buffy26
No it wouldnt have mattered as previously I was appying to thighs in the mornings. Good point though!

on: Today at 10:05:51 AM 
Presumably you hadn't applied gel to the arm where blood was drawn?  I always used thighs for gel.
Thanks for the good wishes!

on: Today at 09:59:42 AM 
Started by buffy26 - Last post by buffy26
Thank you, fingers crossed! I hope you have some success soon with your sleep.

Ive been to the doctors this morning, another full hormone profile test booked in. I asked if I should refrain from applying gel that morning so that there is no interference but was advised not to do this as they need to see it has absorbed. Confused!

on: Today at 09:47:02 AM 
Buffy, if you have already been splitting the dose & that hasn't helped then I agree it makes sense to shift to applying all in the a.m. especially as some women report finding oestrogen stimulating.  Splitting the dose does seem to help some women though according to what's reported on here, possibly those who struggle with symptoms in response to peaks & troughs in levels from once a day application methods.  Though in theory we are supposed to achieve consistency of levels with continued use.  When it comes to women's health issues, theory & reality seem often to be quite different matters!  One of the reasons this forum is so valuable - somewhere we can share lived experiences as individuals for support & reassurance when we don't seem to conform to the norm we may have read about.

Again like you I have osteopenia so agree that's a concern when making changes in dosage.

Good that you will be getting a 2nd opinion from Rheumatology at a new hospital & not long to wait for that.  Hopefully they will rule out other conditions.

Yes, it's interesting that different forms of magnesium can apparenty affect us in different ways, so that choice can be important depending on what we need to achieve from supplementation.

Thank you for the info re Huberman.  I'll have a google later.

I hope you manage to find your best HRT fit & that the Rheumatology appt is helpful.
Wx

on: Today at 09:34:41 AM 
Started by Katie - Last post by SallyPickle
So sorry you are having all this worry, it’s horrible.  I’ve had similar experiences in the past.  I don’t know if this will help but the BMS have recently issued detailed recommendations for post menopausal bleeding on hrt and I’ve found it really useful and also very reassuring as I think only just over 2% of bleeding ends up showing some signs of cancer.  The link is here but if it doesn’t work if you just search BMS post menopausal bleeding the pdf will most likely come up.

https://thebms.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/01-BMS-GUIDELINE-Management-of-unscheduled-bleeding-HRT-APRIL2024-F.pdf

Wishing you lots of luck for your appointment tomorrow.

on: Today at 08:31:39 AM 
Started by pepperminty - Last post by Kathleen
Hello ladies.

I had my Testosterone level checked by the NHS a few months ago. The normal range for females was given as 0.0 - 1.8 and the method used was Mass Spectrometry.

I don't use testosterone and my natural level was within range at 0.5.  I have used Testosterone in the past ( Androfeme from Newson Health) but I didn't feel any great benefit so I stopped. The Nurse Practitioner at my GP surgery was testing my Oestradiol amongst other things so I think she just wanted to be sure that T was in the normal range.

I hope this is helpful and take care ladies.

K.

on: Today at 07:56:52 AM 
Started by buffy26 - Last post by Dierdre
You're never too old for vagifem or any local estrogen,  I will be taking it for life and so should everyone else suffering with atrophy. I can't believe some GP's are so incompetent! It's definately not an aging process or every woman would suffer, it's simply a estrogen deficiency and so easily treated, nobody should be suffering.

on: Today at 07:14:57 AM 
Started by Cheryl53!!!! - Last post by Dotty
It cured my insomnia but took a while.

on: Today at 07:07:04 AM 
Started by Katie - Last post by Katie
Thank you all for your kind words and reassurance, im so glad i have found this forum. I have a blood test at the Dr's this morning.The bleeding has returned to spotting again as of yesterday, however I did try not to walk around as much yesterday to see of that would help.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10