Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vitamin D dosage  (Read 4662 times)

Katherine

Vitamin D dosage
« on: October 30, 2023, 09:22:49 PM »

Hi ladies

I’ve just stocked up on vitamin D sprays and bought the lowest dose I could find which was 25 micrograms. I noticed after thought that there are sprays that go up to a daily dosage of 75 micrograms. On the NHS website it states we need 10 micrograms a day and I have also read that too high doses can be harmful. I would be interested to know what other people take if anyone would be willing to share as I’m confused as to which is most beneficial.

Dierdre

Re: Vitamin D dosage
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2023, 12:10:59 AM »

I take 25 micrograms most days if im not in the sun. I don't bother in the summer as usually get enough from the sunlight. Will use more often in the winter and also eat oily fish and eggs. 25mcg is 1000 iu, taking more than 4000 iu a day is too much.

VioletAquarius

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 12:18:44 AM »

I take 2000iu of D3, which is 50mcg. 

The nhs say not to take more than 100 mcg, which is 4000iu.

Some companies do sell higher dosages but I wouldn't take these as could be harmful.

Penguin

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023, 06:44:55 AM »

I take 3000iy per day which is 75mcg. I use the spray which has K2 in it. I do drop down over the summer though.

Katherine

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2023, 07:42:13 AM »

Thanks for the info ladies. I make take 2 sprays a day then to make50mcg. Penguin how does K2 make you feel? Vit D seems to make me feel more ‘alive’ in winter for want of a better word, more energised.

Penguin

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2023, 08:45:27 AM »

Thanks for the info ladies. I make take 2 sprays a day then to make50mcg. Penguin how does K2 make you feel? Vit D seems to make me feel more ‘alive’ in winter for want of a better word, more energised.

I don't know the difference tbh,  naturopath had me on one with K2 from the start as it's needed to help make the D3 available.

Katherine

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2023, 11:54:02 AM »

I don't know the difference tbh,  naturopath had me on one with K2 from the start as it's needed to help make the D3 available.

I see, that’s interesting. I wish I’d been on here before I bought 3 sprays. Oh well they do seem to do the job.

Penguin

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2023, 12:04:40 PM »

I see, that’s interesting. I wish I’d been on here before I bought 3 sprays. Oh well they do seem to do the job.

Chicken breast, egg yolks and fermented foods like sauerkraut have K2 in x

Ayesha

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2023, 02:09:02 PM »

I always cover up in the sun and take a VitD3 2,000 IU capsule every day of the year.

When I was holiday in Australia years ago there was an advertising campaign telling people to take VitD supplements because the rate of osteoporosis cases was high due to being told to cover up to protect from skin cancer.  Taking the supplement is so important as we age.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2023, 03:01:30 PM »

I was prescribed 3000iu - pharmacies don't sell anything anywhere near as high as dose.

I believe that VitK is required 4 uptake, the Pharmacist at our surgery suggested a multi-vit to include VitD.

Ayesha

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2023, 03:40:08 PM »

I would say taking multivitamins are a waste of money, much better to take the individual vitamins that would benefit any deficiency your body might have.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2023, 03:48:43 PM »

:thankyou:

Penguin

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2023, 04:51:05 PM »

Multi vitamins often also do not contain the vitamins in their bio available forms. Particularly the B vitamins. A good vitamin B complex is really important.

Katherine

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2023, 06:04:24 PM »

I take vitamin sprays or liquid minerals as they apparently are absorbed better. Except vitamin c which I take in a soluble powder.

VioletAquarius

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2023, 11:51:30 PM »

Hi Katherine
Which vitamin c do you take/where is it from?
Thanks
Pages: [1] 2