Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Itching, nits, scabies, bed bugs?  (Read 7721 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Bed bugs
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2023, 02:06:49 PM »

Similar cycle to fleas then ......... survivors! 

Cookie25

Re: Itching, nits, scabies, bed bugs?
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2023, 10:53:37 PM »

Hi KaraShannon

How are you now? Did you get to the bottom of this?
Cookie xxx

KaraShannon

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2023, 12:30:14 AM »

Hi KaraShannon

How are you now? Did you get to the bottom of this?
Cookie xxx

I never did.  But I am better now, I wasn't able to get treatment for lice, it's not available in the UK currently, not the treatment the doctor wrote a prescription for.  And the number of pharmacists I went to who told me that itching can be psychological, until I went to about the 7th one and she said I was getting brushed off like that because no one has the treatment that would have just been given out freely before (just in case it was lice or scabies).  She said she was surprised the GP wrote that prescription as he should have known it was not available, there's been a problem with it for a long time.

Anyway, I have enough problems without not being believed and not being helped no matter where I turn.  So I followed this last pharmacist's advice, wash and dry everything on a high heat every day for a week, wash myself and hair and lots of conditioner, moisturiser and combing. 

No idea if it was lice or something else as I'd been near no one really.  Pest control told me to place in cellotape anything I find that seems a bit suspect, like black specs I had at the beginning on my sheets   :'(  (so much for psychological).

I still have those for pest control should anything return but it does seem to be gone and over, and I was told by pest control the most likely thing would be lice but how or why when I have been alone, no idea.  If it was some other insect or infestation, it wasn't getting the chance to feed off me and could not survive in the building without me as a host, so I think what I did worked.

I think when I posted this up my state of mind was affected by the allergic reaction I was having and also the lack of being able to get any help or being believed.

No signs of bed bugs at all, despite my paranoia (partly the allergic reaction)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 12:34:24 AM by KaraShannon »

KaraShannon

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2023, 12:30:43 AM »

It's a horrible subject so I'm out now  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]