News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: covid  (Read 7960 times)

daisie

covid
« on: August 28, 2023, 07:06:47 AM »

has anyone of you ladies had a bad case of covid ,i came down with it 2 weeks ago and still feel dreadful but my test are now coming up negative for the past 3 days ,how did you feel and how long did it take  you to feel well and what did you take to help with the symptoms   thanks daisie x

daisie

Re: covid
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2023, 07:43:38 AM »

Thank you jaypo,yes it's awful it's making me feel depressed with bad anxiety x

DottyD68

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 07:48:52 AM »

I slept for a month (quite literally) and it took 12 weeks for me to feel remotely normal. I thought there was something seriously wrong with me as my energy levels were so low. Rest up. Listen to your body. It's a nasty virus. Hope you're feeling better soon x

DottyD68

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2023, 07:52:51 AM »

Zinc tablets will help with immune symptoms.

daisie

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2023, 08:12:31 AM »

I slept for a month (quite literally) and it took 12 weeks for me to feel remotely normal. I thought there was something seriously wrong with me as my energy levels were so low. Rest up. Listen to your body. It's a nasty virus. Hope you're feeling better soon x
thank you dotty for your reply ,its an awful virus ,glad you feeling OK now x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2023, 09:24:40 AM »

DH and I have recently come out of the Virus.  We both lost several pounds in weight due to not eating, being asleep at meal times  ::) or due to a vague sense of taste alteration.

Initially I had a runny nose and sneezed constantly on the Thursday, very tired Fri/Sat and by Sunday felt better.  Then during Sunday DH began having the shakes/shivers.  We tested on the Monday, both positive.   It's like nothing I've experienced.

I've had 'flu: not like that.  I've had worse colds ........ I had a headache down one side ,not bad but constant enough to worry that I had an aneurysm brewing  ::).  Lasted 3-4 days.  Then we both had a sore throat and hacking cough.  If sleep were an Olympic sport, we would be on the podium !  We tested every 3/4th day for 12.

Listen to your body.  Our negative tests were Tuesday but I am still weary.  Get into the sunshine as much as possible but don't burn!  Topping up VitD levels and relaxing is important. 

It's a nasty virus which is mutating.  Have U kept up2date with the booster programme?

If you begin eating again your anxiety will ease.  U R through the worst!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 11:25:56 AM by CLKD »

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2023, 09:35:23 AM »

It's horrible isn't it Daisie? Try not to get anxious and listen to your body. There is no point in fighting it.

I tested positive for the second time (I had it a year ago) on 31st July and negative a week later. I'm suffering from fatigue still, along with breathlessness and voice changes. My GP says to give it another two weeks and things should improve. If you are still suffering symptoms twelve weeks after testing negative then it becomes long covid. It's a nasty virus that does take its toll on the body and it's easy to forget that. I have fibromyalgia too so I am used to pacing myself but it's still very frustrating and this time around the virus has definitely affected me differently.

I hope you soon recover. Rest rest and more rest. As soon as you feel like your battery is running down....stop and rest.

Taz x

Penguin

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2023, 09:57:23 AM »

Sounds awful. Hopefully all of you who've had it recently will have gained good immunity for the winter/ new variant they're talking about.

daisie

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2023, 10:01:19 AM »

DH and I have recently come out of the Virus.  We both lost several pounds in weight due to not eating, being asleep at meal times  ::) or a vague sense of taste alteration.

Initially I had a runny nose and sneezed constantly on the Thursday, very tired Fri/Sat and by Sunday felt better.  Then during Sunday DH began having the shakes/shivers.  We tested on the Monday, both positive.   It's like nothing I've experienced.

I've had 'flu: not like that.  I've had worse colds ........ I had a headache down one side ,not bad but constant enough to worry that I had an aneurysm brewing  ::).  Lasted 3-4 days.  Then we both had a sore throat and hacking cough.  If sleep were an Olympic sport, we would be on the podium !  We tested every 3/4th day for 12.

Listen to your body.  Our negative tests were Tuesday but I am still weary.  Get into the sunshine as much as possible but don't burn!  Topping up VitD levels and relaxing is important. 

It's a nasty virus which is mutating.  Have U kept up2date with the booster programme?

If you begin eating again your anxiety will ease.  U R through the worst!
thanks clkd,yes me and my partner have both got it he's been so poorly walking down the drive tired him out I started with it 2 days before him Saturday morning 2 weeks ago 3 in the morning woke up with a bad headache burning up felt shocking took a covid test 4.30 in the morning was positive  iv no energy my appetite has got a little better but depression is hitting me bad now because of the feeling of feeling too drained to do anything, I haven't been vaccinated but partner has  I'm waiting for some more test they should be here today, I had 3 negative test but his was still positive 2 days ago so I will test him again today when they arrive,hope you feeling better   x daisie

daisie

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2023, 10:10:25 AM »

It's horrible isn't it Daisie? Try not to get anxious and listen to your body. There is no point in fighting it.

I tested positive for the second time (I had it a year ago) on 31st July and negative a week later. I'm suffering from fatigue still, along with breathlessness and voice changes. My GP says to give it another two weeks and things should improve. If you are still suffering symptoms twelve weeks after testing negative then it becomes long covid. It's a nasty virus that does take its toll on the body and it's easy to forget that. I have fibromyalgia too so I am used to pacing myself but it's still very frustrating and this time around the virus has definitely affected me differently.

I hope you soon recover. Rest rest and more rest. As soon as you feel like your battery is running down....stop and rest.

Taz x
hi taz ,thanks for your reply, you sound like you had it bad my daughter has tested positive 3 times for covid also she had all of her vaccinations working in the NHS she had no choice,yes the fatigue is awful and I get a breathless too only thing that makes me feel a bit OK is when I'm resting its so annoying and frustrating when the only thing you want to do is get up and carry on with your chores but just  thinking about doing that is like climbing a mountain x daisie

daisie

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2023, 10:42:07 AM »

Sounds awful. Hopefully all of you who've had it recently will have gained good immunity for the winter/ new variant they're talking about.
hi penguin,it sure is awful it takes away every ounce of energy you have leaving you drained ,but yet my neibour only had it 3 days I can't work that one  out ,if it makes people so poorly and bed ridden then some people it's just a light cold over in a few day's x daisie

Penguin

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2023, 11:00:54 AM »

hi penguin,it sure is awful it takes away every ounce of energy you have leaving you drained ,but yet my neibour only had it 3 days I can't work that one  out ,if it makes people so poorly and bed ridden then some people it's just a light cold over in a few day's x daisie

That's been true for all the variants hasn't it. First time around me and the kids got it, hubby didn't despite being contained in a car with us for 7 hours on day we tested positive. Second time around we all got it, but hubby better in 48 hours while mine lingered for over a fortnight.

Hope you all feel better really soon x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2023, 11:29:33 AM »

It's a virus.  I remember when I had 'flu in 1988 and 12 months later exactly, how painful my joints were as well as how weary I was for at least a week after symptoms had gone.

The body deserves rest when it's fighting a virus.  I found easy to open tins of rice pudding as well as custard helpful, something to eat when I felt hungry.  Lots of sliced, fried tomatoes on bread for ease of cooking  ::).  Lollies.  Ice cream ;-).

This too will pass.  Viruses may leave a sense of depression as the immune system has been depressed, compromised and has been fighting the Germ.  Sleep when you are able to, we couldn't fight the need to doze when the brain needed to shut down. 

daisie

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2023, 12:13:37 PM »

That's been true for all the variants hasn't it. First time around me and the kids got it, hubby didn't despite being contained in a car with us for 7 hours on day we tested positive. Second time around we all got it, but hubby better in 48 hours while mine lingered for over a fortnight.

Hope you all feel better really soon x
thank you penguin,yes it's kinda weired how it affects us all in different ways must be a big difference in our immune systems,x

daisie

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2023, 12:19:44 PM »

It's a virus.  I remember when I had 'flu in 1988 and 12 months later exactly, how painful my joints were as well as how weary I was for at least a week after symptoms had gone.

The body deserves rest when it's fighting a virus.  I found easy to open tins of rice pudding as well as custard helpful, something to eat when I felt hungry.  Lots of sliced, fried tomatoes on bread for ease of cooking  ::).  Lollies.  Ice cream ;-).

This too will pass.  Viruses may leave a sense of depression as the immune system has been depressed, compromised and has been fighting the Germ.  Sleep when you are able to, we couldn't fight the need to doze when the brain needed to shut down.
yes you are exactly right clkd,I never thought of getting rice pudding but I will now for a quick fix x
Pages: [1] 2 3 4