Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: covid  (Read 7959 times)

Penguin

Re: covid
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2023, 12:12:57 PM »

Worked out I just need to eat and then keep busy in the mornings until both the estrogel and the citalopram peak and then stabilise. Plus I am also on a steroid nasal spray which gives me morning jitters so I now no longer know what is causing what, I just know to keep going and it'll pass. And some days I'm fine for the whole day 🤷‍♂️.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2023, 12:27:30 PM »

Which spray, I have no problems with 'beconase' though when I use it too often, my nostrils dry out and become sore.

Penguin

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2023, 12:28:37 PM »

Avamys,  active ingredient is fluticasone. GP said it is the next one up from beconase, I tried that and it didn't work.

CLKD

« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2023, 01:52:10 PM »

Ain't we a strange lot  ::)

daisie

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2023, 07:13:50 AM »

Daisie I struggled starting taking citalopram (this one is related to the one you're taking) so the GP had me start on a lower dose. Standard dose is 20mg and I started on 10mg and it was a lot more manageable. Plus making sure I'd had a decent breakfast before taking it also helped reduce the side effects too. I hope you can stick with it, it took about 6 weeks for me to feel the full benefits x
hi penguin,  the dose iv been given is a 5mg to start with then up to 10mg ,did the one you are on make you feel more anxious at first and nauseous x

I had hormonal nausea early mornings anyway and the citalopram didn't make it any worse. I resolved it by having crystallised ginger to hand and making sure I had a snack before bed and one as soon as I woke. I still take an emergency banana up to bed with me! But yes, the anxiety was defo worse at first. Particularly in the morning for about 1-5 hours after taking it. Then it tailed off and I was calm by mid afternoon and felt good in the evening. I recently attempted an increase from 10mg to 15mg (one year after starting) and I gave up after four days, it caused absolutely raging anxiety and could not tolerate it. Upped my estrogel instead and felt much better. I think 5mg is a low starting dose for escitalopram though as you supposedly need less of it than citalopram. I'd stick with it for 6 weeks if you can before deciding, I was warned I could feel worse before better and I'm glad I continued.
hi penguin,I took the medication last night,don't think I should have i feel dreadful with anxiety this morning fighting to get to sleep I was,looks like I'm in for a restless tireing day now,this is what puts me off taking another one,I'm still feeling tired after covid now the side effects are adding to it don't know what to do for the best,x

Penguin

« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2023, 09:11:39 AM »

Did your gp say to take at night? Could you try taking in the morning? I take my citalopram in the morning, at night it would keep me awake and I'd feel dreadful the following day. Can you eat some nice food, and have a restful day or do you have lots to do? Fresh air or meeting up with someone might help? My anxiety was really bad yesterday, but then I realised I'd spent the whole day on my own, mostly at home and not talking to anyone.

CLKD

« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2023, 09:20:39 AM »

Eating every 3 hours can help ease anxiety surges.

When severely depressed in the 1990s I would take the dog out hoping not to meet any1, however I noticed that when I had engaged with someone, as well as exercising, my mood lifted.  My brain probably needed stimulus.

Covid is a virus which, like others, may take a while for the body to readjust as it fights the bug. 

Penguin

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2023, 09:26:42 AM »

When severely depressed in the 1990s I would take the dog out hoping not to meet any1, however I noticed that when I had engaged with someone, as well as exercising, my mood lifted.  My brain probably needed stimulus.

Covid is a virus which, like others, may take a while for the body to readjust as it fights the bug.

Yeah that's a good point. I'd forgotten about the recent covid Daisie said she had.

Daisie, could part of this anxiety be post viral? I had this after both bouts of covid, felt down, tearful and anxious and it took weeks and weeks to go.

Second the advice about eating regularly, even more so when you take the medication.

daisie

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2023, 05:40:36 AM »

Yeah that's a good point. I'd forgotten about the recent covid Daisie said she had.

Daisie, could part of this anxiety be post viral? I had this after both bouts of covid, felt down, tearful and anxious and it took weeks and weeks to go.

Second the advice about eating regularly, even more so when you take the medication.
I think you could be right ,anxiety has got worse since I had covid ,I got the awful depression that came over me at the same time as well ,the worst time of day is the morning ,I dread it ,as soon as I wake up my mind is in overdrive x

daisie

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2023, 05:52:41 AM »

Did your gp say to take at night? Could you try taking in the morning? I take my citalopram in the morning, at night it would keep me awake and I'd feel dreadful the following day. Can you eat some nice food, and have a restful day or do you have lots to do? Fresh air or meeting up with someone might help? My anxiety was really bad yesterday, but then I realised I'd spent the whole day on my own, mostly at home and not talking to anyone.
yes he said I could take it at night ,iv not been out since covid ,only on the garden for a bit of sunshine ,not felt like shopping did it all on line x

Penguin

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2023, 05:53:40 AM »

I think you could be right ,anxiety has got worse since I had covid ,I got the awful depression that came over me at the same time as well ,the worst time of day is the morning ,I dread it ,as soon as I wake up my mind is in overdrive x

Morning anxiety is awful. When I have it bad, I wake up and have 20-30 seconds of feeling okay, then bam, I'm fully conscious and my mind is right back to whatever it was I'm anxious about. I don't have a solution I'm afraid, but lots of us suffer with worse anxiety in the morning on here. My counsellor has advised me to accept my feelings and get up right away and start doing things. It does help a bit.

How did you go last night with the anti depressant? Hope you slept a bit better?

daisie

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2023, 07:03:54 AM »

Morning anxiety is awful. When I have it bad, I wake up and have 20-30 seconds of feeling okay, then bam, I'm fully conscious and my mind is right back to whatever it was I'm anxious about. I don't have a solution I'm afraid, but lots of us suffer with worse anxiety in the morning on here. My counsellor has advised me to accept my feelings and get up right away and start doing things. It does help a bit.

How did you go last night with the anti depressant? Hope you slept a bit better?
I'm the same I wake up have a few seconds of feeling OK then bang the anxity hits me ,I cheated I didn't take a tablet last night ,I'm still in two minds weather to carry on I'm sensitive to ssri antidepressant, was on amitriptyline 50mg for 12 years weaned off them but went back on them at a lower dose,they helped me sleep better but drowsiness all day put me off ,but they never made me feel nausea like the ssri ones, it's all confusing to me at moment I don't know what to take for the best x
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]