Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hello and oestrogel question  (Read 1249 times)

Zoe

Hello and oestrogel question
« on: December 12, 2022, 11:36:19 AM »

Hello All,
Lovely to 'meet' you on this brilliant forum!

My name is Zoe and I am 52. Late perimenopausal and have been living with neurological long covid for 2 years, which affected my pituitary gland. Joy upon joy. I eventually, after 13 months, found a supportive GP and Newson Health. They have both been great.

Had to resign from a much-loved career and my life is almost unrecognisable, but necessary to support a recovery from long covid (however long that will take).

Settled on 3 pumps oestrogel, 100mg continuous oral utrogestan (helps stabilise mast cells that were going crazy due to long covid), and 0.75ml Androfeme.

My question:
Some women say they are taking 1-2 or 3-4 pumps oestrogel. If you do this on a planned basis from month to month, especially in perimenopause when things are still fluctuating, do you see a pattern to when it needs to be higher or lower?

Flossieteacake

Re: Hello and oestrogel question
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 11:45:52 AM »

Hello Zoe and welcome to the forum. I cannot answer your question but just wanted to welcome you. I am so sorry you are battling with long covid. It is good to hear you are getting support for it.

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 11:47:03 AM »

hi zoe

:welcomemm:

im so sorry for all your health battles however im glad your gp is supportive. long covid is horrible.

im post meno and im on estragel and i do like it.

regarding your question about how much gel to use; as your in peri your quite right your hormones will still be fluctuating hopefully more ladies in peri who also use the gel will be along to advise on dosage x

Zoe

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 12:25:51 PM »

Thanks ladies for your warm welcome! X