Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Newbie - postmenopause bleeding  (Read 1614 times)

Maggiebash

Newbie - postmenopause bleeding
« on: November 06, 2022, 08:56:13 PM »

I'm new to the forum, in Aug I had postmenopausal bleeding. A scan showed a thickening of the lining of the womb. Because I haven't had children it was difficult to get the hyteroscope up there and I ended up needing a general anaesthetic, which was they did in September. They decided to fit the mirena coil at the same time. I have been bleeding ever since. It has taken this long to get my biopsies results which show I have anytipcal hyperplasia/EIN. My next appointment is Dec 7th. I hate having to wait this long. Its basically pre-cancerous and the letter states they would have fitted the mirena to treat this, however a hysterectomy is my best hope, but I have to get my BMI down.  :-\  just wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie - postmenopause bleeding
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 09:11:26 PM »

Any unexpected bleeding should be inspected.  I believe that the Mirena can cause bleeding initially, hopefully someone will be along with knowledge.  You could put 'mirena coil' into the search box to see what pops up.

Hysterectomy is a HUGE operation, major surgery.  Do discuss HRT options prior to any intervention, because many surgeons simply don't have any idea as to how hysterectomy affects women. 

Do U feel supported?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2022, 09:46:00 PM »

Hi.  :welcomemm:

Sorry I can’t offer any advice but I’m so sorry to hear your going through this. Glad you’ve joined.
Someone will come on soon hopefully and offer some advice.
Please keep posting , and let us know how your getting on.
Wishing you well.

Jd xx

Maggiebash

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2022, 06:53:42 PM »

Thanks for replying. I don't really feel supported, at least not by my GP. I went to her to speak about how worried I was about it all and all she did was offer Mirtazipine.  :-\ I think until I see the gynaecology it will be a worry, but hopefully they will put my mind at rest when I get there.
I searched Mirena and there is is a mixed bag about that, so fingers crossed it doesnt sound so unusually or worrying now.

Maggiebash

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2022, 08:41:02 PM »

I have now seen my Gynaecologist and surgery is my best treatment option. The alternative would be 6 monthly biopsies. I don't think my anxiety could cope with biopsies, it's too much of a worry, as is living with the threat of the condition turning cancerous. I've to have operation within the next 6 to 8 weeks, hopefully be keyhole surgery.

Cotts

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2022, 08:28:50 AM »

Any unexpected bleeding should be inspected.  I believe that the Mirena can cause bleeding initially, hopefully someone will be along with knowledge.  You could put 'mirena coil' into the search box to see what pops up.

Hysterectomy is a HUGE operation, major surgery.  Do discuss HRT options prior to any intervention, because many surgeons simply don't have any idea as to how hysterectomy affects women. 

Do U feel supported?