Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 78

Author Topic: Re: How are you today?  (Read 132323 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: How are you today?
« Reply #630 on: September 10, 2023, 01:20:59 PM »

Cooler. 

Penguin

« Reply #631 on: September 10, 2023, 01:27:49 PM »

A little bit cooler, but I think only because I've been indoors for two days 🤣

CLKD

« Reply #632 on: September 10, 2023, 01:42:19 PM »

A small shower of drizzle and on the Tour of Britain across S Wales, it's pouring  ::)

Penguin

« Reply #633 on: September 10, 2023, 01:45:32 PM »

A small shower of drizzle and on the Tour of Britain across S Wales, it's pouring  ::)

Hopefully it'll head to the south east soon then!

KaraShannon

« Reply #634 on: September 14, 2023, 12:27:19 PM »

Racing against the clock

And getting nowhere as my body won't play ball

So trying to live in the moment, but moments and hours go very fast when in this state.

CLKD

« Reply #635 on: September 14, 2023, 05:29:19 PM »

Bloated again  >:(

With that irritating continual clearing throat cough ...... Omeprazolol doesn't seem to cut it these days and I am trying to avoid drink/food with hidden sugars. 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2023, 05:41:58 PM by CLKD »

getting_old

« Reply #636 on: September 15, 2023, 06:30:03 PM »

I've got a sinus infection so saw the doctor, who said I needed antibiotics. Asked about allergies so listed them off, and suggested an antibiotic that has helped in the past. Nope, that wouldn't do, so got to the chemist with the prescription to find the wonderful new antibiotic contained stuff I was allergic to.
So chemist says they will call doctor to get an alternative, and decides to helpfully suggest to the doctor that I've had clindamycin in the past so how about giving me that again. Of course chemist doesn't know I ended up almost hospitalised with it the previous time!! That's one evil antibiotic!!
Of course I don't know what's been prescribed until OH has paid for it and brought it home. As soon as he's home he calls chemist who basically says that I need to go back to doctors for another prescription, probably for the antibiotic I helpfully suggested would not cause an allergic reaction or hospitalisation, but that's at least 3 days away!!
 :bang: :bang:

CLKD

« Reply #637 on: September 15, 2023, 06:50:44 PM »

OUCH!!!  That is not good enough!   A friend's relative is in hospital and the family advised against a certain AB which causes hallucinations: so what does the Dr on the Ward prescribe  :bang: :bang: :bang:  it's medical negligence quite frankly.  No one listens to patients nor do records be read on computers.

Sinus infections are SO painful.  I woke with it 1 C.mas morning, we were due to go away.  It was like being hung over without any alcohol  >:(.  I could hardly move. my head.  Aspirin I think was given to me by Mum, not much else around in the 1970s.  Bending forwards  :o  :diablo:.  Pain relief is more appropriate than ABs unless the bug is known.

Get lots of pain relief as it's a weekend in the offing, see another pharmacist for advice?  Also, perhaps try leaning over some friar's balsam in a bowl which can ease the nasal cavities.  Apparently the sinuses go deep into the facial area too. 

getting_old

« Reply #638 on: September 15, 2023, 07:12:11 PM »

I'm doing the pain relief but know from past experience that will only dull the pain, and I need the antibiotics to actually get rid of the infection.
I actually said could they be sure the new antibiotic was going to be OK with the allergies and they said they couldn't sure but that the chemist could always call them if there was a problem. Obviously they didn't stop to consider how long it would take for me to get the pills, and then OH having to run around trying to resolve the problem. Even if the one I suggested wasn't as effective, it would be better than nothing!

CLKD

« Reply #639 on: September 15, 2023, 07:15:12 PM »

They simply don't seem to listen these days  :'(.  How Lon ghave U been suffering?

Me - I'm fine this evening.  No bloating as of last night.

CLKD

« Reply #640 on: September 19, 2023, 10:06:22 AM »

Anxiety levels rising.  60 mins due in the That Chair at the dentists later ........ am not sure what he's about to do other than investigate one of the implants due to bone loss  :-\

Penguin

« Reply #641 on: September 19, 2023, 10:13:54 AM »

Anxiety levels rising.  60 mins due in the That Chair at the dentists later ........ am not sure what he's about to do other than investigate one of the implants due to bone loss  :-\

Good luck! Now this would be the time I'd take one of my emergency diazepam! Is hubby going with you?

CLKD

« Reply #642 on: September 19, 2023, 11:15:34 AM »

We both have appts.  I can't take any relaxants in case I need a local anaethetic.  I love my Dentist and his staff are great.  Be OK tomorrow, hopefully  ::)

Giggling at the news report from a Fire Service out on a shout, who helped one of those small robot delivery thingies that became confused by their hoses across the path  ::)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 11:31:17 AM by CLKD »

Penguin

« Reply #643 on: September 19, 2023, 12:56:11 PM »

We both have appts.  I can't take any relaxants in case I need a local anaethetic.  I love my Dentist and his staff are great.  Be OK tomorrow, hopefully  ::)

Giggling at the news report from a Fire Service out on a shout, who helped one of those small robot delivery thingies that became confused by their hoses across the path  ::)

You might feel better asking for the local anaesthetic to be the one without adrenalin in. I switched to that one as it made my heart feel like it was racing and made me really anxious.

CLKD

« Reply #644 on: September 19, 2023, 04:20:31 PM »

It's the needle itself that HURTS.  The dentist had it drawn up and apologised about the 'long needle' which caused some merriment.  It's not a long needle, he should see those used in hip injections  ;D, done under a GA.

30 mins with the dentist, then 45 with the hygienist.  Now the area is sore so Nurofen taken.  Hot water salt mouth washes recommended  :-X  :-\.  I've put the heating on because I feel chilly.

DH is cooking me two fish fingers with mash ;-).  I can suck those.  We have very ripe mangoes to eat for supper later  8)
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 78