Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hi there - Fed up of changing HRT  (Read 934 times)

sazzylufc

• First Flush
Hi there - Fed up of changing HRT
« on: July 20, 2022, 11:56:24 AM »

Hi there, my name is Sarah and I'm from Leeds
So i started on Femseven Conti Patches in October but have suffered with intermittent bleeding. Docs sent me for a scan and that came back clear but I had to make the choice between bleeding or changing HRT.
I've been on Utrogestan 100mg and Estradiol for just over a week and its awful! My flushes and night sweats have come back, I'm constantly ready to kill anyone with a five mile distance of me and have started with horrible headaches.
I've now made another appointment with the clinician and I'm going back onto the patches as I would rather have random bleeds then having to suffer with 4/5 night sweats and numerous ones during the day.
Thanks for listening to me moan  ;D 

Taz2

Re: Hi there - Fed up of changing HRT
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 12:06:46 PM »

Hi sazzy. You're not moaning!  :)

Bleeding can be a problem on conti HRT but one option is to use a sequi one instead. Evorel sequi might suit you if you felt ok on the conti apart from the bleeding. I had to do this due to constant bleeding. Sequi Hrt should give you a monthly bleed. The first couple of bleeds may be a bit heavier than usual but then this should settle down to a short light bleed (it did for me anyway). Others on here are on sequi despite being post menopause.

Let us know how you get on

Taz x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2022, 12:07:29 PM »

Forgot to say  :welcomemm:

Taz x   ;D

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2022, 12:41:59 PM »

Hi were you 12 months without a period when you started on the Femseven Conti patches ? x

sazzylufc

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2022, 12:33:20 PM »

Hi there, tbh I wasn't sure for definite. I think it was almost a year but it was close.

I'd had enough this morning, had 4 lots of night sweats last night and so far today I have had 4 hot flushes, I am so tired and fed up so when I got up this morning I dug around and found a patch and stuck it on. I'm going to go back to them and i'll just have to deal with the bleeding. I'm in a catch 22 situation but I cannot deal with the sweats xx

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2022, 12:40:05 PM »

As I posted earlier you may find Evorel sequi better with a predictable bleed?

Taz x

mandss

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2022, 04:20:48 PM »

sorry to hear you are suffering, I am still bleeding most days nearly 8 months in (everol conti patch). waiting for another scan, was hoping to increase HRT but do not want to make things worse as I have heard so many negative things about utrogestan. might just stick with what I know. let us know what you decide x

sazzylufc

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2022, 10:00:49 AM »

Update  :)

Spoke to the clinician and she didn't recommend the sequi as she felt that would impact the bleeding (this has miraculously almost stopped) she did say i could use 4 pumps of the gel instead of 2 as this would help with the sweats but tbh I'm going to stay with the Femseven and deal with the bleeding if that carries on. The femseven is the only thing i have found that stops the dreaded sweats
Thanks to everyone for their help