Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: New to Forum  (Read 1405 times)

DebHutchings

• First Flush
New to Forum
« on: July 19, 2022, 09:38:35 AM »

Good morning all

I am a newbie and just finding my way around. 

I'm 52 and from London, diagnosed with fibromyalgia about seven years ago but the diagnosis never really seemed to fit or feel right.  I started obvious peri-menopausal symptoms about three years ago but wasn't suffering too badly. After a bit of research, I decided to give HRT a try to see if it improved what I had been told were fibro symptoms and it did....a LOT.  The patches were great but I couln't keep the damn things on so moved to Sandrena Gel and Utrogestan tablets.  Been doing great on both for the first six weeks and feeling like my old self again but then started to get terrible stomach pains, nausea, bloating and tiredness.  I am assuming these are a side effect of the medication as I didn't use the gel today and feel better already. No idea why it took so long to casue a reaction but I'm gutted! Off to see the GP today to see what can be done.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New to Forum
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 09:40:12 AM »

Hi let us know how you get on.  MayB take a list of worries with you?

There is a good search facility on the Forum: put the medication names, separately and note what pops up.  Most have threads with comments from Members.

Ask away. Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 11:47:35 AM »

:welcomemm:
If you're using utro orally I would try it vaginally before you give up on it. Are you using a sequi regime (oestrogen every day utro 12 days per cycle)? If not that can be worth trying too. Most problems are caused by progesterone but you could have developed a reaction to the sandrena so this will tell you which it is. I developed an allergic reaction to the glue in evorel after about 4 months so it's quite possible the same has happened to you.

DebHutchings

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2022, 04:46:58 PM »

Hi

Thank you for your replies. I'm taking Sandrena gel every day on my leg and Utrogestan for 14 days then off for 14 days. I'm almost at the end of the Utrogestan break at the moment so I'm pretty sure my reaction is to the Sandrena gel.

I saw a male GP who was pleasant enough. He agreed that the gel is probably causing the issue and probably aggravating my gallstones. I was applying the gel in the morning so he has suggested trying night application instead so that the nausea and pains happen while I sleep. I'm worried because I go on holiday on Friday and I sure don't want a gallstone attack while away. I'm minded to stop everything while I'm away and let gallstones settle and he said that would be OK.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2022, 05:46:56 PM »

That would be my idea.  If I think that any medication is causing problems, I stop. Immediately.

(We have a holiday thread  ;) )

Cruicky69

• First Flush
Help... belly fat!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2022, 10:10:28 AM »

Hi all,  I’m brand new to this forum.  I am waiting to get approval for hrt patches, as there is breast cancer family history.  I have all the typical issues, but my biggest nightmare is my stomach, I’ve gained almost 2 stone in a year.  I’m 53, I work out consistently, weights, spin, swimming and walking, my diet is pretty good too.  I’d love to know of anyone else experiencing this and that perhaps hrt has helped reduce the belly weight?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 10:15:08 AM by Cruicky69 »

ATB

Re: Help... belly fat!
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2022, 11:24:32 AM »

Hi all,  I’m brand new to this forum.  I am waiting to get approval for hrt patches, as there is breast cancer family history.  I have all the typical issues, but my biggest nightmare is my stomach, I’ve gained almost 2 stone in a year.  I’m 53, I work out consistently, weights, spin, swimming and walking, my diet is pretty good too.  I’d love to know of anyone else experiencing this and that perhaps hrt has helped reduce the belly weight?

It is best you start your own thread so people can help your specific issues.

ATB

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2022, 11:30:57 AM »

Deb, I would think it would be better if you didn’t get those symptoms at all? Because it may cause a disrupted sleep to have those symptoms at night. Which patches were you using? Perhaps you could try a different kind or ask some questions about why you couldn’t keep them on?