Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Post menopause and wondering ?  (Read 931 times)

Jue2162

• First Flush
Post menopause and wondering ?
« on: May 17, 2022, 12:32:19 PM »

Hi . I am nearly 60 and have been post menopausal for about 5 yrs I think. I am not taking hrt ,I tried it a few years ago  but due to bleeding was advised to stop. I have just got on with it all since ,accepted the low sex drive weight gain, dry eyes poor weak nails  flat mood ,crap sleep. im not sure if I can improve more than this .I still get mild hot flushes any advice please.im good st just getting on with it but hope it could be better

Haydo

Re: Post menopause and wondering ?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 01:02:32 PM »

Just a few things that worked for me, as I was unable to take HRT.  Pharma-nord sea buckthorn omega 7 capsules for dry eyes, and also helps with skin dryness and vaginal dryness.  Sage tea and chamomile tea helps me with flushes and night sweats.  Cut out or cut down on caffeine and alcohol, and drink lots of water.  Magnesium to help with sleep.  I use the Better You magnesium sleep spray but there are some threads on here which tells you about the best form of magnesium tablets to take, if you do a search.  Take a good multivitamin which has biotin in it (helps with nails) or just take a biotin supplement, but a good multivitamin might help you generally if you feel flat, you might be lacking in something.  The only thing that has worked for me with weight gain is to go low carb.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 01:09:15 PM by Haydo »