Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Stock Piling in panic  (Read 15990 times)

jaypo

Re: Stock Piling in panic
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2020, 05:07:24 PM »

Oh for god's sake,it's bloody ridiculous all this,I was in Tesco this morning and like penny says about Morrison's,Tesco was exactly the same,it was HEAVING  but I got all my groceries for the week,same things all gone,tins of beans?!? Not a good idea folks as you?re probably going to need more loo roll if you eat too many of them,pasta,rice,paracetamol,they should be stopped from this bulk buying,could you be any more selfish?? >:( But nobody was panicking,everyone was milling around as usual,cafe was busy,so hopefully the majority of people are pretty sensible

Dorothy

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2020, 05:23:17 PM »

Two things have made me smile about stock piling this week.

1) A lady came into church at the start of our service yesterday with two packets of paracetamol.  She'd heard that some people who need it were running out, so she wanted to give hers to people who needed it and thought the church would be able to find someone in need.

2) The 86-year-old client I was working for this morning went out to buy a Saturday Telegraph at the weekend.  "It's got SO many pages," she enthused.  "If I run out of toilet paper, I can cut up all those lovely supplements and they'll last me ages.  Newspaper is so much softer than that shiny toilet paper we used to have."  ;D  Now that's what I call looking on the bright side!  (Not sure what the Telegraph editor would think of their paper being recommended as substitute loo roll, but you can't please everyone  ;) )

jaypo

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2020, 06:18:12 PM »

Should buy copies of The Sun,now there is a paper that I'd use for loo roll  ;D

Two hoots

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2020, 06:46:27 PM »

Didn't the ink come off newspapers when it was used, or didn't anyone have a look at their um .......... after wiping  ;D

Sparrow

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2020, 06:47:40 PM »

Didn't the ink come off newspapers when it was used, or didn't anyone have a look at their um .......... after wiping  ;D

You have to iron it first, then the ink sets.

It's true, honest.

Two hoots

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2020, 06:51:27 PM »

I hate ironing, I might have two sets one ironed for family and the other un ironed for guests, they will bring their own next time  ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2020, 07:07:55 PM »

over 2M loo rolls made in the UK every day.  That is probably a 24/7 roll on service?  One Company make 105,000 a day.  What's wrong with newspaper anyway  :D

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2020, 07:09:41 PM »

Have you just been watching The One Show CKLD? ;D

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2020, 07:40:55 PM »

We should sit on the same sofa then  ;D

I saw a programme last week about making loo rolls ............. each starter roll weighs 2.? tonnes.  That's then put onto a roller and made into what we recognise as a loo roll.  Then covered in plastic.  We don't know the half of it  ;D

Two hoots

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2020, 08:16:28 PM »

Check the - what have you done today thread, it's been mentioned recently  ???

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2020, 08:27:00 PM »

Yep - we talked about Izel over the weekend. 

Sparrow

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2020, 12:51:11 PM »

Lots of stuff out of stock in Waitrose today.  I really don't know where people are putting it all.  Even the eggs, I mean how can you stockpile eggs.  ::)

Garden centre packed with oldies, including the coffee shop.  Don't think they got the memo.

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2020, 01:16:46 PM »

It's OK.  As long as they are grouped together  ::).

Eggs, flour and no loo rolls. 

Apparently there are 1,000s of miles of loo rolls in the UK but the supermarkets apparently don't buy lower end  ;) quality toilet tissue  ;D so it isn't in short supply. It's that the supermarkets haven't accounts with the basis end of the industry who could of course ,make a killing  :D

Don't forget the sharp scissors and daily news paper  8)

jaypo

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2020, 03:25:52 PM »

Omg!! Yes,eggs,there were none in Tesco,but there were those expensive ones and I could see this woman piling the remaining boxes into her trolley,now, I genuinely needed eggs,so whilst she was checking the second from last box, I snuck up behind her and grabbed it  ;D screw you lady,greedy @#?@&# if she'd said anything,I think I may have been on the 6o?clock news  ;D ;D

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2020, 03:48:20 PM »

:rofl:  caught on CCTV ?

I HATE eggs - unless in  :cupcake: :cake:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19