Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Stock Piling in panic  (Read 15993 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Stock Piling in panic
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2020, 08:10:07 PM »

Then sell them on the black market ........

Donnadoobie

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2020, 08:15:20 PM »

I am not being smug or selfish.  I have not gone out and bought hoards of stuff from the supermarket , just a little bit at a time over 12 months. I was buying this stuff before anyone even cared.
 I have two reasons for this.  Firstly I run a childcare business, and need to feed about 10 children everyday.  They all use the toilet too!  Secondly, I am pre diabetic and eat a low carb diet, I need to know that I have stuff to eat!  Which is not bread, pasta or rice!  Don't judge, I am not clearing the shelves now, as I have been putting stuff away over the past year and always donate to food banks too.

Sparrow

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2020, 08:18:20 PM »

Sounds like you have been very sensible.

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2020, 09:26:35 PM »

I buy ahead too.  It's known as shopping.  When we buy in bulk we have to store it, a crate of sugar lasts about 2 years.  Kitchen roll into the attic enough for 3 months.  Loo roll bought as required as I don't like the brand in the warehouse.  I buy birthday gifts when I see them.

Usually when I buy weekly I add either loo rolls or sanitary items into the food bank box.  That's when I realised that people were getting silly, there were no packs of 4 to put into the box !

Of course now that the 1st wave of panic buying is over, the managers should take back control  ::)

Teresa - cut up the newspaper but don't use the glossies ;-)

Kathleen

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2020, 09:29:57 PM »

Hello ladies.

I've made sure my cupboards are well stocked with the basics and I'm trying not to panic buy.

Yesterday I noticed a food bank donation box was full to overflowing and packets and tins were piled up on the surrounding window sill.  I don't know the reason for this but I like to think that shoppers are being extra generous during this difficult time.

Wishing you well ladies.

K.

Ju Ju

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2020, 11:44:29 PM »

I've only got 2 toilet rolls left and have ibs! What shall I do? :o ;)

I feel for you. I have had ocd as well as IBS since childhood. At long last, I'm being stingy with loo paper and everyone else is washing their hands as much as me! Am I joining the realms of normality?  ;D

jaypo

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2020, 08:29:00 AM »

There was plenty in Tesco and tons of kitchen roll,bit more harsh on the old bot bot but better than nothing

jaypo

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2020, 08:30:50 AM »

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2020, 03:35:37 PM »

Morrisons was like Christmas Eve Shopping this morning. It was absolutely HEAVING and I had to hunt for a parking space.  Inside none of the usual stuff, loo rolls, hand wash, hand sanitiser, baked beans, rice, pasta, tinned tomatoes, tea bags.  I went in for a packet of pant liners for my Mum and even those were very limited. I thought I might get some loo rolls as we have just one pack of 4.  we don't buy newspapers either!  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2020, 03:40:11 PM »

Well PF maybe now is the time to get a few newspapers stocked piled  ;D

I have some, reasonable prices  ::)

My hands are sore from the constant washing  >:(

Sparrow

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2020, 04:04:00 PM »

Iceland is creating an 'Elderly Shopping Hour'.

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2020, 04:23:13 PM »

I think that will become a 'norm' whilst this crisis continues. It would be nice to think that bus companies will liaise with supermarkets?

Lanzalover

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2020, 04:48:42 PM »

If panic buying food etc wasn't bad enough I've just been for petrol at a large supermarket self serve garage well at least 75% of the customers were not only filling up their cars but those plastic containers and not just the one your allowed but several !!!! the country's gone mad if they have to self isolate they won't be using the car and if God forbid we all have to stay in what use is all that petrol  :bang:

Lanzalover x

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2020, 04:59:00 PM »

:bang:

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2020, 05:03:07 PM »

I parked in Tesco this morning at 8.30am to first go to Costa and it was a little busier than usual, but when I came out with my weekly shop there was a barely a space in the car park, as someone else said you would think it was christmas!
I was able to get everything on my list but the pasta, flour & handwash isles were empty. Silly thing is I saw 2 Tesco delivery lorries and 1 Morrisons, so there is no need to panic buy, it's selfish and ignorant, makes me very angry.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19