Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: New to this site ,think im going mad !!  (Read 8288 times)

Jet50

New to this site ,think im going mad !!
« on: July 31, 2018, 07:58:15 PM »

Hi my name is jeanette (jet for short), i honestly think ive been going through perimenopause for about 2 years ,unfortunately ive had a bad time mentally for about 8 years ,i lost my 19 year-old  son to cancer in 2010 ,ive been on citalpram sine 2009 (40mg)since around 2012 ish ,so up to press my period has lessened still quite regular sometimes heavy for me or light ,i can come on twice a month .. so at the mo ,im trying to get help for my hot flashes ,night and day sweats ,mood swings, feeling suicidal, not sleeping, tired all the time etc...so been to the Dr's explained how im feeling down to the fact I'm suicidal and confused with what is going on, they immediately put me on to the crisis team and a counsellor...fine ...but this still doesn't help with my symptoms...so at present one dr says it sounds like im going through the menopause the other dr i so this monday says im depressed and not going through the menopause  ....HELP ... jet

Taz2

Re: New to this site ,think im going mad !!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 10:13:17 PM »

Hi jet. You are not going mad. Lots of women are sent down the anti depressants route and the possibility of there also being menopausal symptoms is ignored.

It seems to me that if you are able/willing to take HRT then this, coupled with your counselling/anti depressants, is the way forward. Some docs think that unless periods have stopped then you can't benefit from HRT but this is nonsense. Have a look at the menu at the top of the page where you will find HRT info and then you can go back to your doc fully prepared!

You will find lots of support and friendship on here. No longer alone.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Jet50

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 01:35:33 AM »

Thank you taz2 for your reply!!!
Getting a phone call today from the first dr whom said i maybe going through the menopause anyway lets see what she says !!
#wide awake #
I will deffo take a look and thank you Xxx

:o

AgathaC

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 05:38:29 AM »

Hello Jet, your poor thing. What an absolutely dreadful few years for you. Well done on simply being able to get up in the morning. Your symptoms could well be down to your time of life and as Taz said there is loads of information on this site. You didn't say how old you are?

Jet50

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 08:43:19 AM »

Hello Jet, your poor thing. What an absolutely dreadful few years for you. Well done on simply being able to get up in the morning. Your symptoms could well be down to your time of life and as Taz said there is loads of information on this site. You didn't say how old you are?

Hi AgathaC,
Thanks so much for your reply .

I turned 50 in may .

Jet50

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 03:16:40 PM »

UPDATE....

Dr has rang and said they will try me on Hrt ,but i need a scan first coz ive bleed twice last month (july ) ...and that i shouldn't be feeling suicidal...mmmmm confusedxx

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 06:14:42 PM »

It's good to have the scan as you will have a baseline to work from once you begin HRT although, in peri, it can be perfectly usual to have two bleeds in a month. Your doc is being cautious.

Taz x

Jet50

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 09:11:32 PM »

It's good to have the scan as you will have a baseline to work from once you begin HRT although, in peri, it can be perfectly usual to have two bleeds in a month. Your doc is being cautious.

Taz x

Hi taz,
Yes i think she is but hopefully i will get sorted ...

Lady Daviot

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 09:37:07 PM »

Sending you lots of love and support after such a terrible few years Like most on here, there are various symptoms and some people get them worse than others. I am glad that you have a GP who will at least let you try HRT and I also think that it is good that you have the support of a Crisis team. This forum for me has been a god send as you do think that you are alone and going mad. Whilst there is more awareness of Menopause it is still something that is not fully appreciated by Society and the effects it can have on an individual. Take care x

AgathaC

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2018, 12:03:31 AM »

I agree 100% Lady D. I'm having a “going mad” afternoon and checking back in here is calming me down.

Jet50

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2018, 08:47:11 AM »

Sending you lots of love and support after such a terrible few years Like most on here, there are various symptoms and some people get them worse than others. I am glad that you have a GP who will at least let you try HRT and I also think that it is good that you have the support of a Crisis team. This forum for me has been a god send as you do think that you are alone and going mad. Whilst there is more awareness of Menopause it is still something that is not fully appreciated by Society and the effects it can have on an individual. Take care x
Hi Lady Daviot ,
Im feeling a lot calmer then ive felt in around 8 months ...im also having issue's at work re my emotions are all over the place (my youngest son has just out lived his elder brother )....i will get there

Thank you X

Jet50

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2018, 08:48:44 AM »

I agree 100% Lady D. I'm having a “going mad” afternoon and checking back in here is calming me down.

AgathaC

Thanks also X

AgathaC

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 01:53:48 AM »

Hello Jet - just wondering if you are feeling any better this week? Agatha C xxxxx

Jet50

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2018, 04:05:05 PM »

Hello Jet - just wondering if you are feeling any better this week? Agatha C xxxxx

Hi AgathaC
Been to see crisis team, she was lovley, coz im not at work i feel a lot calmer, still not sleeping/or sleeping to much ,appetite not good ....so slightly better ..

How are you doing ??

Jet X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2018, 11:00:46 PM »

Have you contacted your local CRUSE Group?  Run by bereaved for the bereaved?  Most areas have counsellors to talk with.

Parents never think that they are going to see a child die.  It might be helpful to talk with others in similar positions, maybe your local Hospice will have contacts or groups that you could join with.  There is no right or wrong way to grieve.  Trouble is, you are left with it all whilst the rest of us move on ........... whereas contacting people who have been through similar may be helpful.

Maybe keep a diary of mood/symptoms/food intake.  See how much is cyclical and which symptoms you would like eased first?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4