Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: New to this site ,think im going mad !!  (Read 8195 times)

Jet50

Re: New to this site ,think im going mad !!
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2018, 12:39:33 PM »

I have restless leg syndrome.  I needed to take Nurofen last night as the feelings kept me awake  >:(.

Bananas ease symptoms as long as I eat 2/3 daily.    ::)

That particular drug knocks me out within moments if I take it when anxiety floors me.  If I take it the moment anxiety begins it doesn't make me as sleepy but certainly eases the symptoms.

Im not sure if i have restless legs syndrome, not been diagnosed, all i know is they started when my so died ....

Big hugs xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2018, 01:24:07 PM »

For me symptoms are like a 'pulling' sensation, eased by laying the legs over the edge of the bed or up the wall  ::).  I am aware of it in the day but it starts at night. 

Jet50

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2018, 09:20:50 PM »

For me symptoms are like a 'pulling' sensation, eased by laying the legs over the edge of the bed or up the wall  ::).  I am aware of it in the day but it starts at night.

Hi, CLKD..poor you (big hugs )all i know is they drive me up the wall ,i also have osteoarthritis of both knees (they r absolutely red hot at night)

Up to date sleeping a bit better

Hope all ok

Jeaniewigs

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2018, 10:02:55 PM »

Tumeric in milky coffee is supposed to be good for this have a Google 😘jeanie

Jet50

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2018, 10:16:22 PM »

Tumeric in milky coffee is supposed to be good for this have a Google 😘jeanie

Hi Daisydot
And thankyou ...will google away x

Jet50

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2018, 10:37:42 AM »

Hi all ,

After i blazing row with hubby.

He asks i don't know what is going on with you ,you've been like this for months ,i say..glad you have noticed..
What you doing about !!!

I explained been going doc's for months noone listening, you need to change ur dr ...

So up to press's    before our row ..

My mum explained a few things to hubby (i heard mum say these to him ) about menopause, depression etc..

He has actually known me since before my late son died (9years)
So he knows ive been on depression meds for 10 years.

And ive explained i haven't felt myself for a while 

Well i don't know wot to think, the row we had sent my head right back where i started...ie crying loads again feeling shitty etc ...

Where to go from here !!!

Jet x

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2018, 07:41:40 PM »

Print off 'advice for husbands' from here.  Hand over.  Tell him to make notes on the differences he has noticed and if there appears to be a pattern.  Sit down and discuss.

It's The Change.  Does what it says on the tin.  Make a list of your symptoms and pass for him to read.  Tick off what you would like to ease first?

Jet50

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2018, 08:38:10 AM »

Hi CLKD,
I did print ,i put another reply on the
"Advice for Husbands " page
Things have calmed down..
Its like it's all about them ...

Thank you x

Jet  xx

AgathaC

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2018, 09:25:09 AM »

Oh Jet, you poor thing. Glad to hear things have calmed down a bit. Hopefully you can start a dialogue with him about all this and get to a position where you feel he is on the journey with you, rather than you feeling that he is looking on and thinking “what's the matter with her?”!!! I think it's very hard for them to understand how awful we feel (but, of course, harder for us to be feeling so awful!).

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2018, 02:05:23 PM »

They can't empathise.

Roseneath

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2018, 10:28:41 AM »

Jet50. My heart went out to you when I read your post. This is such a crappy time of life without all the heart ache you must have 24/7 missing your son. My husband too added to my misery last year when my Peri symptoms were bad. At one point he told a neighbour I should be in a loony bin which really hurt. I think they are so used to us being the ' rock' of the family and can't cope so lash out. Since then we have talked and things have improved but it must be a scary, out of control time for them too. He can't understand why there are no answers when so many of us suffer the same symptoms (neither can I for that matter!). I read the post about supportive husbands in tears sometimes.

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2018, 10:31:43 AM »

I think too: we believe that we have dealt with the various traumas we face through Life then something tips us back into intense remembering.  Which impacts hugely.

When that happens to me I allow myself 10 mins. each evening to think about those sad events.  It gives me a focus and means that I don't push it away.

Jet50

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2018, 01:05:39 PM »

Oh Jet, you poor thing. Glad to hear things have calmed down a bit. Hopefully you can start a dialogue with him about all this and get to a position where you feel he is on the journey with you, rather than you feeling that he is looking on and thinking “what's the matter with her?”!!! I think it's very hard for them to understand how awful we feel (but, of course, harder for us to be feeling so awful!).
[/quote
Thanks AgathaC,

Things sre getting better ,ive had sleeping tablets so sleeping better ,mammogram done ..then hrt just waiting for results...

Hope all ok with you

Love jet Xx

Jet50

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2018, 01:07:39 PM »

They can't empathise.

Hi CLKD,
Hopefully now he can.

Big hugs hope you ok xx

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2018, 01:09:07 PM »

I think men need to be told that it isn't [often ;-) ] their fault?  Also, having a buzz word that he can throw back as he leaves the room might work .......
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4