Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HRT query  (Read 941 times)

SilvaLily

HRT query
« on: May 02, 2018, 12:40:16 PM »

Hi. I've got some questions about HRT that I hope you might be able to help me with. I'm just coming to the end of three months on Elleste Duet tablets. Although they have helped with my worse symptoms (anxiety, foggy head and low mood) I did get a couple of migraines and painful withdrawal bleeds which were annoying as prior to that I hadn't had a period for 6 months which was lovely! I visited my GP and asked to try patches. She has prescribed Avorel(?) Conti patches so that I don't have to put up with the withdrawal bleeds. I thought that you had to be period free for over a year before you could use this type of HRT but the GP didn't seem to be concerned. Is it safe for me to use this if I've been period free for less than a year? I'm 52 years old (53 in January). Thanks in advance for any advice 🤗

SilvaLily

Re: HRT query
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 06:50:27 PM »

Thanks Stellajane. I used to have migraines when I was younger and taking the combined pill. They had become few and far between as I got older but then I had 2 fairly close together during month two of Ellesett Duet. Like you say, trial and error. I'll give the patches a go and see how I get on.