Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: New to this  (Read 1086 times)

sharon8239

New to this
« on: May 01, 2018, 06:58:58 PM »

Hi all, I've just come back from my doctors where she tells me I'm experiencing menopause symptoms. I've had no periods for the last 2 months and have been suffering from night sweats and hot flushes for a few months. The night sweats and hot flushes seen to have tailed off in the last few weeks. According to my Woman log app on my phone I'm supposed to be due a period next week, I've been experiencing sore boobs and back ache all of which I used to get when I did have a period. I'm confused as to what's going on with my body. Do you still get all the signs that your going to have a period leading up to your due date or not. Please advise.

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: New to this
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 09:20:47 PM »

Hi Sharon 8239

:welcomemm:

I'm afraid you'll probably be all over the place with your hormones now,
and you will probably miss a few periods month after month, then have one out of the blue,
But you have to go a full 12 months without one before you are classed as postmenopausal.
You're Doctor can give you hrt for you're symptoms in peri, but unfortunately I don't know
much about that particular hrt, but I'm sure someone will post explaining you're options.
Try not to worry too much, and yes I used to get all the usual aches and pains before I was
due, sometimes I'd miss a period other months I'd have one, it's a little hit and miss until
they dwindle away to nothing.
If your symptoms start to get too much, ie, your sweats and hot flushes get to much to handle,
then maybe hrt is the way to go, but you do have other options too.

Jd x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 09:29:56 PM »

Hi and welcome sharon

Here is an excellent article that will help you understand what is going on:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/pdf/Article%20-%20Perils%20of%20the%20Perimenopause.pdf

DG x

sharon8239

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 09:38:13 PM »

Thanks to JD & DG for your replies - really appreciate it. I will make sure I have a good read of the article xx