Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello, new here- and not feeling myself  (Read 1251 times)

stascha15

Hello, new here- and not feeling myself
« on: April 23, 2018, 11:01:50 AM »

Hi everyone, I just discovered this forum today after suspecting that my current symptoms may be peri-menopause- related. Hoping for some reassurance and to discover that I am not the only one feeling like this. I am 48, so far I have been relatively well with few peri- meno symptoms: periods have been closer together for a few years and a little more erratic recently but still monthly. I have had mild anxiety a while ago and took tablets for 6 months but have stopped them a year ago. Now suddenly I have started feeling dizzy daily for a week; just a little "tipsy" and unsteady. I also get little shooting headaches and "brain fog"; just not feeling myself  :(  I feel restless, lack concentration and lack the drive to get on with things like housework etc. Difficult to describe! Has anyone experienced similar and is it related to approaching menopause/ changing hormones? The feeling of "not quite being myself" really scares me.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello, new here- and not feeling myself
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 01:37:28 PM »

Yep.  HORMONES  >:(  ::).  Maybe keep a mood/food/symptom diary for 3/4 weeks then visit your Practice Nurse or GP. 

It's The Change.  So women notice more differences whereas in the scheme of things, they tended to push feelings away. 

MaritaB

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 08:31:57 PM »

Welcome! Yes this all sounds familiar....if you want to see how many symptoms of the peri menopause that you have you can download Dr Louise Newson's checklist https://menopausedoctor.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Menopause-Doctor-Questionnaire-1-1.pdf
I found I had 19 out of 20 symptoms - which was kind of scary but also reassuring as I then knew that they were all due to the peri meno!
Best of luck. Mx

stascha15

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 11:00:39 AM »

Thanks to both of you for your replies! I now seem to have started constant spotting as well since my last period- that has never happened before! Just another thing to worry about...  :-\

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 11:21:51 AM »

Hi stascha15 -
Do read this article that may help you to understand what is going on.  Erratic periods, longer or shorter bleeds with long or shorter gaps between bleeds, spotting etc are all very normal for the peri meno stage. Feeling fatigue, brain fog, dizzy, lack of concentration and feeling generally low are all meno symptoms as well.
HRT can help to balance things, so get clued up on your options so you can make informed decisions about treatment. DG x