Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: I can't take this anymore!  (Read 16735 times)

Starla76

I can't take this anymore!
« on: September 18, 2017, 07:14:59 PM »

I am really struggling today.

I have probably every possible symptom of perimenopause. I'm only 41 but my family go through this young (my Aunt was 34) which means I literally have no one I can talk to in my age group.

I have horrendous anxiety - literally terrified about health nearly every single second of the day. I could cry or rage all the time.

I feel old, I've put on weight and just think I look horrible. All this and I have a very stressful job.

I have had palpitations, itching, fatigue etc and today I just had to rush home from work as I had a sudden hot flush where I sweated a bit on my forehead but went dizzy and instantly felt nauseous.

I'm waiting for the nausea to pass still now. It has scared me as I feel off balance and I just feel like locking myself away.

My periods are still pretty regular although sometimes last longer (as in main period for a couple of days and then it's there when I wipe for a few days after).

My last period lasted only three days then went. Everything gets worse mid cycle.

Sometimes there's a bit of spotting literally mid cycle and again, this sends the off balance feeling and anxiety off the charts.

I've honestly never felt so stressed or anxious.

I've had beta blockers for my horrendous anxiety that worked a bit. I'm trying to battle through as I heard HRT only postpones things but I really cannot deal with this anymore.

When I have an episode like this I literally am scared to go to work the next day.

I just want to feel normal again!

Snoooze

Re: I can't take this anymore!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 07:26:57 PM »

Hi Starla,
You're not alone. I could have written your post about myself and every symptom you have listed.
I have good days and bad. Today has been a good day but it never lasts long!
I try to get a good nights sleep and I try to eat little and often.
I've had anxiety all my life, HA since I had my children. It has got much worse in peri.
I also feel old, I've also put a lot of weight on and feel unattractive. Luckily, I don't have a stressful job as I reduced my hours and am lucky I can afford to do so.
I can understand the fear of going to work. If I have a HA attack somewhere, I never like to go back to that place as I think it will happen again but it really is mind over matter. You must face your fear. Try not to let the anxiety win.
It is worth going back to your GP and discussing all this and see what they advise about HRT.

Starla76

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 07:32:29 PM »

Thank you....

I just feel very lost and at a very low point today.  :'( I feel like I'm being robbed of everything good about me!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 07:54:14 PM »

It's not known as The Change for nowt!

Maybe make a list of the symptoms you would like to ease - have a browse round the Forum and make notes.  Go along to your Practice Nurse for a chat about how the GPs support menopause. 

If you have anxiety, ask your GP for a short course of Valium or similar: 5 days followed by an 'as necessary' route will ease how you feel and allow you to decide on whether you would like to try HRT.  Don't be put off by any one who suggests that because you continue to have periods that you are not approaching menopause!

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 07:55:08 PM »

Also - do have a read through this web-site and ask queries there:

Menopause Matters forum -

Daisy network: www.daisynetwork.org.uk

Lady Daviot

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 08:08:45 PM »

Hi Starla76,
I just wanted to say hello and you are not alone and it can seem very daunting when trying to cope with work as well. I work for a small company so no HR even to discuss things with and sometimes even those discussions are not that useful. I would like to advise that you try and factor in some 'me' if possible? Get a relaxation CD for car or download on your phone/tablet to help soothe. I also found magnesium and lavender sprays helped and as CLKD suggested some Valium just in case and maybe try and eat little and often so that your blood sugar levels are not spiking. The Health Anxiety is also something I suffer with and I am my own worst enermy as I Dr Google. It's hard to try and overcome but this forum has been my saviour and there is lots of knowledgeable ladies on here. Wishing you a more peaceful evening, but if that is not the case........ there is always someone here x

KAH

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 08:31:44 PM »

I'm really sorry you're having a tough time, I can totally empathise with most of what you've mentioned, especially the health anxiety. I'm only 42 but think I've been peri for a couple of years now, I especially remember the night sweats as the first symptom and that was a good couple of years ago now. My periods are still regular too but I now only bleed for a day or 2 then very very light for another couple of days. I too notice a dramatic downturn mid cycle.
I had CBT last year which really did help the anxiety, I'm going to ask to go back for a couple of sessions just to remind myself of all the techniques I learnt then hopefully I can get things back to a manageable level. Have you tried CBT or meditation? It's definitely worth going to see your GP and just having a chat about how tough you're finding things at the moment xxx

Starla76

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 08:57:37 PM »

Thank you so much all. I'm so scared a lot of the time but this forum - and you all - is such a comfort to me xxx

Yammy1

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 09:17:48 PM »

Starla, the anxiety is the worst and you mentioned feeling dizzy, for me this is the hardest symptom to cope with. In the rare occasion when I don't feel dizzy I tell myself it's meno causing it, but that's no consolation when all you want to do is hide away. I have an emergency pill (Xanax) and I take half a tablet when I absolutely need it. This really helps to ease symptoms, so maybe ask doc for a few to get you through the really tough times. Just knowing you have them can be a comfort, also have you tried rescue remedy, this can help take the edge off. Hope you feel better soon.

Butterfly22

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 06:52:27 AM »

Hi so sorry you are going through this, I no how you feel being robbed to as its not fair it happens before its suppose to. I was early too.
I'm 43 now and have been told to take HRT until I'm at least 55 for bones ect.
If I don't I will have the menopause symptoms until then (or longer)
Xxx

Roseneath

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 08:26:32 AM »

I really identify with your post too. I have had problems with Health Anxiety which co-incided with my period cycle changing. Racing mind, teaful, lots of gas, brain fog, insomnia, feeling I can't cope.  This all hit me around 6 months ago. I wish there was  a local group as my problem is I work from home so during the day everything keeps churning round. I have tried  most things; Mindfulness, vitamin you name it, CBT, Reiki, self help NHS course. I am learning there is a pattern to how I feel as when I have felt very low and made a GP appointment then 7 days later I feel much better. I too yearn for my 'old' self and feel angry that  the medical profession seem unable to explain what is causing all these syptoms that appear on mass in the space of 24 hours. The only route I haven't tried is  anti-depressants but as I seem to get only 5 very bad days I month it seem a bit extreme.  Bigh hugs to  you.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 11:36:34 AM »

You are unlikely to get the 'old self' back as it's The Change.  One has to adjust but the suddenness of symptoms can be quite a shock!

How are you this morning Starla?

Starla76

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 03:56:18 PM »

Thank you all, this sucks doesn't it!

I'm up and down today - I was supposed to go to a meeting today at work but because it was a bit further away I freaked out about going as last night scared me when I went so dizzy and nauseous.

I read on here eat little and often which I did today and it's worked quite well. Yesterday I was tired, stressed, hungry and had done a 10 hour work day :-(

I'm just trying to not get too scared to leave the house :-(

Snoooze

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 03:59:45 PM »

Glad the little and often worked Starla. Another thing that works well is a good nights sleep..at least 8 hours. You say yourself yesterday you were tired. This does make my anxiety worse and going too long without food (and not junk food!).

Never get too scared to leave the house. If you do, then you are letting the anxiety win and it is you who is in charge, not IT. Tell it to sod off!

Butterfly22

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 05:00:33 PM »

That's what I was like today, I took ages getting ready as knew it would put off going out!! But I did go out and survived 😘
Hope tomorrow is better for you xx
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6