Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: I can't take this anymore!  (Read 16733 times)

Starla76

Re: I can't take this anymore!
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2017, 08:40:36 PM »

Hi all sorry to not have posted for a bit.

This has definitely been a bad few weeks!

I spoke to a Famous perimenopause expert on twitter and she's suggested magnesium to help with the off balance feeling...

I've also researched and found acid reflux which kind of sounds like what I have as one of the symptoms...

Also someone in the thread asked if I still get my periods - at the moment they are regular but the length they last is all over the place - sometimes two weeks (although second week more spotting when I wipe) or the last times has only been three days then nothing  :-\

I have noticed that I am getting diarrhoea and going to the toilet more during periods and now joint stiffness and aches AGH!

Yammy1

« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2017, 10:38:13 AM »

Hi Starla, sorry your having such a bad  time.Just wondering as my worst symptom is dizziness, did the lady you were talking to elaborate on the use of magnesium for this dizziness. I am willing to try anything to help with this awful symptom. Once again I really hope you get a break and feel better soon.x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2017, 02:04:38 PM »

Oh do tell who you spoke with i.e. Famous perimenopause expert on twitter -

I would also have 'the runs' 10 mins. B4 a bleed began, even when a period wasn't due.  Therefore I could'd travel, in case  :-\.  As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains, plus the body may become dry: skin, vagina, nostrils, deep in the ears ...... so have a read of the various threads on this topic.  Hiatus hernia is 'common' at this time of Life!

Starla76

« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2017, 03:50:00 PM »

Hi I will let you know how I get on with the magnesium.

It's been a really bad few weeks to be honest, I feel like my symptoms are on turbo overdrive!

The blogger is called Magnolia Miller - blog posted below...

Anxiety through the roof and I seem this week (just finished my “period” on Sunday) to all of a sudden be going to the toilet more for number twos (sorry!) - I go more during my period but tbh it just feels like am permanently on my period now.

I have noticed the off balance weird sensation gets worse before I need the loo so I wondered about IBS but don't know much about it.

So much fun  ::) isn't it all this!

https://www.theperimenopauseblog.com/

Yammy1

« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2017, 04:18:40 PM »

HI Starla, I found a box of magnesium I forgot i bought some time ago, so I started it today, it's one in sachets you dissolve in water, I figure what have I got to lose. I read up on magnesium and it turns out that it really helps people stabilize blood sugar, as I'm type two diabetic seemingly it will benefit me greatly and as my sugars have been very unstable lately maybe this will be the answer. It also is supposed to help with anxiety and aches so fingers crossed we both feel the benefits soon.

Starla76

« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2017, 07:25:16 PM »

Oh sounds good! Let me know how you get on with it  :)

Starla76

« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2017, 08:21:51 PM »

This was the first blog I read by Magnolia and it was such a relief to see it! So here it is:

https://www.theperimenopauseblog.com/symptoms-of-perimenopause/

Yammy1

« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2017, 09:20:11 PM »

Very good blog Starla, I will continue with the magnesium, I am also taking iron and will give it a few weeks and see how it goes. Who knows, this could be the miracle I've been searching for lol

Snoooze

« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2017, 12:56:34 PM »

This was the first blog I read by Magnolia and it was such a relief to see it! So here it is:

https://www.theperimenopauseblog.com/symptoms-of-perimenopause/

I also discovered this blog when I was looking up peri symptoms. It's very good.

Starla76

« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2017, 09:52:33 PM »

Just to see the dizzy and vertigo ones listed made my day! I was pleased she replied on Twitter ☺️ There's a British tv presenter called Yvette Firlding who also had a lot of vertigo symptoms too, that made good reading.

Roseneath

« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2017, 01:44:59 PM »

I got vertigo for the first time about 6 months into peri symptoms. It took a good 10 weeks to clear completely. The GP wasn't that concerned. Mine was worst at night when lying down. Computer or Nintendo stuff made it worse. He said it can also be made worse by your inner ear hairs getting thinner which happens when you get older. The joys!  It's not nice and people aren't that sypathetic as you look fine.

Yammy1

« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2017, 02:03:23 PM »

HI Roseneath, I'm curious how you got rid of vertigo/dizziness. Mine comes and goes but nothing seems to get rid of it

Roseneath

« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2017, 06:49:11 AM »

Yammy. The vertigo  gradually went away. I did only really notice it when lying down or sometimes when I was on the computer. I do occasionally get a different sense of off balance which seems to be to do with my eyes. My GP also mentioned something to do with your inner ear hairs getting thinner with age and this effecting balance. I am on proprananol too (beta blocker) for anxiety so maybe it is blood pressure changes. Must say I used to love rollercoasters but can't go on them now as they make me feel so sick afterwards.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2017, 04:04:18 PM »

Vertigo is the PITS.  I had it a few times after suffering with colds .......... like being hung over without having had a drink!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]