Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: I can't take this anymore!  (Read 16737 times)

Starla76

Re: I can't take this anymore!
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2017, 10:07:06 AM »

Thank you all xx

I've had a few bad days really, so anxious. I've tried to battle through but my work is so stressful... then last night my little one was throwing up everywhere and I'm beyond tired and stressed.

I'm constantly scared that I'm going to go dizzy or just fall down and today I'm feeling weak, like I could just cry all day long and really nervous/shaky.

I don't feel like I'm living at the moment I'm just scared all the time  :'(

Roseneath

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2017, 12:18:47 PM »

Thanks to SIDL02 and Staria for posting. One of the places I feel calmer and more lucid is on this site as I don't have to pretend to be 'happy, fine mum'. I met up with some friends yesterday; didn't want to go but I made myself. Felt I had to dig deep and concentrate on breathing to keep it together infront of the kids and their friends. I was thinking how the hell did it get to be like this, things I used to just do or look forward to become feared. I am going to make (another!) GP appointment next week and see if they will agree to hormone blood tests to try and find out exactly what is going on and then think about if I need any help. I had such a bad experience with the HRT I tried ramping up my anxiety / side effects that I want to get it right this time. I am also going to make some ' Menopause Cake' (Linda Kearns) today ladies so I will keep you posted on that! I have had two nights of interrupted sleep / son coming in/not being able to get back off etc and I KNOW that dosn't help the anxiety. Hugs X

Yammy1

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2017, 12:52:50 PM »

The dizziness and feeling scared all the time really are the pits. I guess strange as it feels we really need to learn to breathe again. I know it sounds crazy and it should just come natural but somehow with this anxiety we tend to hold out breath and shallow breaths, well I do anyway. I foolishly had a few glasses of Prosecco last night and  I'm paying for it now, jittery, dizzy not to mention banging head :(. Good idea at the time as I didn't have to get up early today for anything. I tried hrt a few times and it didn't agree with me, (more anxious ). I decided to give it one more try as I had a lot of patches left over. I had hysterectomy 5 years ago aged 48 so I was given estradot, I know 25mg is the lowest dose and as I had 50mgs I cut them in half,  It's been just over a week and so far so good i.e i'm not anymore anxious than usual. I will stick with 25mgs for a month or so and see how I get on. I may even go up to 50mgs if I can tolerate it. I didn't want to go down the hrt route but I also know I can't carry on the way I am. because of hysterectomy ( I kept ovaries ) don't know where I am on this meno journey. all we can do is support each other as best we can. This site really is a life saver, just being able to chat without being judged, with women who know exactly how your feeling makes it almost bearable. Hope you all feel better soon x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2017, 02:13:31 PM »

Because the body/brain doesn't get where it is suddenly medication won't lift symptoms quickly.  The body/brain need to re-adjust.  Browse round.  Make notes.

Roseneath -   You appear to need help with how you are feeling, maybe make a note of how you feel on a daily basis, a list to take to your GP/Practice Nurse?  Make a double appt. so that you don't feel rushed!  Our Nurse Practitioners deal with HRT discussions ;-). Your husband needs a  :kick:

dangermouse

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2017, 06:30:00 PM »

I love that husband sorter CLKD!

They just don't know how to deal with emotional stuff like we do Roseneath so prefer to sweep it all under the carpet and pretend it's not happening.

Roseneath

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2017, 08:28:57 PM »

What a difference 12 hours makes. Suddenly this afternoon everything lifted. All those rock bottom nervous emotions, the fuzzy thinking, the tearfullness , just about all gone.  I feel bright, lucid, calm. So basically the 4 days after my period finnished has been terrible but for the last 6 hours everything has 90% calmed. So this will go in my diary and also mirrors what happened last month and also about 4 months ago.  So guys there is hope. It is hormones. It will shift. If I can find out which one(s) I can maybe have a plan for how to cope with this.  :) :) :-*

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2017, 10:11:46 PM »

As long as you remember each month, you should be able to kind of accept those awful feelings and that they will pass.  Similar to when I was withdrawing from a medication years ago, I had to remind myself that the bounce back didn't get worse each time I took a smaller dose  ::).

How is your diet over-all?

Roseneath

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2017, 12:46:02 PM »

CLDK /sparkle. You guys will not be suprised to hear I don't feel so perky this morning! Woke up OK but by 11:00am Mr Anxiety and Mrs Gloom have crept back in somewhat (wet, glumy weather here today too...). On the positives ( :)) eating little and often REALLY helps, great tip; even just a banana or a slug of orange juice. I love food but always seem to be cooking for other people! Also singing (not sure whose tip that was?) around the house seems to distract and lift (Did Oliver at school at 13 and still remember most of the lyrics). Part of my underlying problem in addition to the hormones is that we are in a job we now hate (running a B & B :rant: )in a town in the stickswe are desperate to get out of ( :-\) and feel we don't fit in (classified >:() with kids who are unhappy at school (heart breaking :'() and house been on market for nearly two years...so it is tough to start with.  It's hard to think what medication might help when everything is so up and down but I think I'll go back to the GP again in the nxt couple of weeks for a catch up and go through options.

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2017, 03:17:59 PM »

R U advertised as a 'going concern' in the various tourist and catering magazines?  Do you have Colleges close by appropriate to the trade?  It can take 2-3 years to sell a business particularly at this time of year.  Are there any tourist meet and greet activities in your area in the Spring, some towns have a Trade Organisation to encourage people. 

Starla76

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2017, 05:48:17 PM »

Yammy1 learning to breathe again is just the most perfect description - that is so true and how I've felt these past few days like I'm having to force myself to breathe!

So sorry to hear so many of you are going through the same although selfishly it does make me feel a bit better that I'm not alone  :)

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2017, 05:56:32 PM »

SING!  it makes us breath correctly  ;)

It isn't selfish, we are group animals! 

Starla76

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2017, 08:52:18 PM »

If you heard me sing you wouldn't tell me to!  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2017, 11:55:57 AM »

:rofl: ........ DH tells me that I don't listen properly so you'll be OK! But don't sing too early 'cos I'm grumpy if woken  ;)

How are we all this morning?

Starla76

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2017, 12:58:56 PM »

Well just had a slight dizzy turn at work and really stressed/tight chest feeling -I am due on Wednesday so not sure if that has made it all go worse.

I'm going to try the docs again and see what they say...

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2017, 01:05:04 PM »

......... and breath ;-)

:foryou: do you have a sick bay Starla?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6