Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: iphone 5s  (Read 6394 times)

babyjane

iphone 5s
« on: June 12, 2017, 10:22:48 AM »

Has anyone got this phone?  I have never had an iphone or even a smart phone.  I just have a Nokia 100 for calls and texts.

Can anyone advise me if this phone would be suitable for a technophobe who finds new things complicated?

Mbrown001

Re: iphone 5s
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 10:42:59 AM »

I really don't like iPhones that much.
They have an operating system all of their own  ::)

They are also famous for having fragile screens which break easily.

Personal choice but I really like my Samsung. It's got a much bigger screen and is easy to navigate and if I can use it then anyone can.

I think iPhones are a bit over priced for what they are.

I love my iPad though.

Mrs Brown

cubagirl

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 11:35:03 AM »

My son & DIL gave up on their iPhones. Over priced & there are others out there which are just as good if not better. I've a rubbish phone,  MotoG. Can't wait to change to a Samsung or similar in 2018.

Mbrown001

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 11:39:54 AM »

I've had my new Samsung for about three weeks now and I really like it. This is my third Samsung.

My son was the big Apple fan but not any longer. He too has a Samsung as does my daughter.
I think Apple are loosing the edge that they once had and the price is silly if you buy outright and even in a monthly contract they are far more expensive than anything else.

You will find a huge difference from your Nokia no matter what you choose BabyJane.

Mrs Brown

breeze

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 11:49:15 AM »

iphones are very good BUT, very expensive and also very expensive if anything goes wrong.  Their batteries have a short shelf life and then they rip you off loads when buying a replacement.

iphones are not really worth the extra.  There are plenty of good phones out there.  I never spend more than around a £100 or even less.

My Sony does the job.  Was cheap. Easy to use. Very satisfied.  :)

babyjane

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 12:06:24 PM »

:thankyou:

littleminnie

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 12:12:32 PM »

I'm an iPhone fan.
They are expensive but, in my opinion they are the most simple phone on the market to understand. If you have an iPad and can use it, you will be able to use the iPhone. They are the same to use.
If you take pictures on your iPhone they will also appear automatically appear on your iPad. The same with iMessages.   Love it.

Annie0710

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 12:14:25 PM »

iPhone lover here !
It's my mini pc

nearly50

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 12:53:21 PM »

I prefer android and love my Samsung s8. I think most mobile companies have pretty good deals on the s7 at the moment which I think would be a good option. Carphone warehouse would be good for talking you through the options

babyjane

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 01:29:09 PM »

thank you all for your comments.  I was thinking of buying one from a friend who has upgraded, not a new one.

I have decided I don't really need one, I didn't get on with my ipad and gave it to my daughter, so there seems little point in having the iphone.  I was tempted for a moment, I don't know why.

I prefer a quiet life and that means as little internet and technology as possible.

Thank you all for your replies it helped me to make my decision.  :)

Ju Ju

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 02:22:02 PM »

I wasn't bothered about having an iPad and iPhone, until my son started living in the USA. I live in an area where Skype was useless as the signal was so poor ( maybe better now things have been upgraded). My family clubbed together to get me an iPad, so I can talk to my son and family with ease. My little granddaughter is building a relationship with us via technology. I can check to see whether my son is at work on the find friends app as he works a complicated 6 week shift system, which I can't get my meno head round. I invested in an iPhone as well as it keeps me in the loop with my family messaging. Now my Dad (92) has invested in iPad! He's having so much fun receiving photos and videos and joining in the family banter. I have found other benefits, which I really appreciate, but would have not persuaded me to buy either an iPad or iPhone because of the cost. I am so grateful for having such technology that allows me to keep in contact with family who live so far away.

DaisyB

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2017, 07:39:11 AM »

I was never a fan until my daughters got them. They facetimed regularly which was a great way to keep in touch. I relented and use it now as a mini pc - rarely use my lap top now. Got iPad and everything is shared instantly through iCloud - would find it diff to return to Samsung.

Ju Ju

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2017, 11:18:36 AM »

I'm so grateful for mine. I would find it much, much harder to have my son living in the USA. Now we are in regular contact, much more than when he lived in a town 10 miles from here. I sent my GD a parcel of clothes and a teddy and they sent me a video of her reactions. It was lovely. Just spoken to my daughter and her family who are on holiday in Sweden. A postcard doesn't compare! We had a tour round the campsite by FaceTime!

ellie

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2017, 02:37:47 PM »

My Son texted me yesterday and told me to put my iPad on, and go to the Times Square web cam in New York.......and there was my Son and DIL  waving to me  :).......I love my iPad and iPhone. 👍🏻👍🏻

Salad

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2017, 04:52:03 PM »

My Son texted me yesterday and told me to put my iPad on, and go to the Times Square web cam in New York.......and there was my Son and DIL  waving to me  :).......I love my iPad and iPhone. 👍🏻👍🏻

Love this!!! Technology at its best  :)

I love my IPhone 5 and how it has the links I've agreed to on my IPad and more recently my MacBook - I particularly like downloading (or is it uploading) songs to ITunes and them going magically to my phone.
Pages: [1] 2