Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: cooked it dont fancy it  (Read 8002 times)

kerrieann

Re: cooked it dont fancy it
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 09:23:35 PM »

clkd, wouldnt that be lovely, a pill to take away hunger, i for 8 hours sleep, and 1 for pain, mind they would all have to be side effect free  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 10:38:32 AM »

As a recovering anorexic a pill would be great  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2017, 01:29:44 PM »

I have a friend who has been sent to Hospital as she is at risk of a heart attack due to not eating properly for 6 months  :-\.  She was put immediately onto a drip for 3 weeks with constant monitoring ...... she has to be wheeled between the various Depts. as she is at risk if she does exercise.  She has help in the shower.  She chooses food, but like the title, when it arrives she doesn't fancy eating it.   :-\ :-\. Oh I know that feeling so well  :'(.

Her husband works away for 3 months at a time.  So she can 'cheat' and tell him that all is well.  Apparently the heart muscle suffers due to lack of blood supply when the body isn't nourished but we don't see the internal damage. 

She will be under the care of a Nutrionist eventually ........ even knowing the above, if I can't face food I simply can't  :'(

We now have a Plan: lots of small amounts of pre-pared foods i.e. pancake mix and sliced chicken breast with veg. ready to stir fry.

Claireylou

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2017, 02:00:33 PM »

Gosh that's awful. I hope she improves soon. It's a difficult road to travel  :(

I didn't know about the heart muscles being affected by lack of food, makes sense when you think about it xxx

Mbrown001

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2017, 02:10:04 PM »

Unfortunately I did.

I had a friend who was an extreme anorexic through her teens 20s and 30s.

She died of a heart attack at 39.

There have also been a few celebrities that have died this way. Karen Carpenter and Lena Zavaroni to name but two.

Mrs Brown

Claireylou

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2017, 02:11:44 PM »

So sorry about your friend Mrs B  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2017, 03:03:19 PM »

Because we can't see the internals, it's a bit like the brain: we forget to nourish it all.

She didn't remain hydrated either ...... so is being encouraged to drink a lot with good breaks between.
Pages: 1 [2]