Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: all I seem to do is cry  (Read 10268 times)

Taz2

Re: all I seem to do is cry
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2014, 10:55:49 PM »

Here's the link Suzicals http://www.relate.org.uk/

Taz x

Shazzie

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2014, 11:52:04 AM »

Oh Suzicals.  I am so sorry you feel so low.  Don't take it personally mind.  I am sure you are doing nothing wrong and it does sound as if you other half has depression.  Perhaps he himself is going through some sort of crisis.

Speak with you GP and get referred to someone who you can chat this over with and remember we are all here for you.

Shazzie  :bighug:

Ju Ju

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2014, 12:23:20 PM »

Hi suzicals,

You are right that you can't help anyone who isn't ready to be helped. Men, especially,  seem to have the John Wayne syndrome, not to recognise the signs of stress and mental illness. This to them is a sign of weakness, a sign of being less than worthy. Yet to admit to being ill first to yourself then to others requires courage and strength. However awful it is while you are going through it, I'm convinced mental illness, once you start healing, can help you to be a stronger, kinder more empathic person.

I'm going to make a rather sweeping statement about men. They tend to want to fix things and people. Hence your husband will happily fix your bike, but has withdrawn from you. He can't fix you; only you can fix you, as only he can fix him, with support. We are all responsible for ourselves. I had to educate my husband to understand that he didn't have to do anything, just listen and really hear me. Your husband is not in the right place to do that for or you for him at the moment.

Do make use of the services offered by the Samaritans. They are available 24/7 by phone, face to face and I think email now. I made a call to the Samaritans a few years ago and it made a huge difference to me. I recently heard a talk by them and was very impressed. It is one service you really can be anonymous.

Several people here have been through similar situations as you and can really relate to what you are experiencing, but are coming through amazingly. They are my heroes.

Kelly

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2014, 08:51:11 PM »

Hi Susiecals sori u are having this awful time. Has your husband always been reluctant to show feelings, cuddles etc.   mine can be a bit like that too,even liking to sleep with his back to me sometimes.     I think when we  are meno we want more love ,support  and want to feel we aren't losing our attractiveness . But hubbies just carry on in there own sweet way. Why not write him a letter or ask him to go our for dinner to discuss things. Say if he doesn't reply or doesn't want to go you will take it that he isn't interested in your marriage and you are talking to relate about your next steps.   Just an idea of something to do if you feel strong enough.
You might feel better if things are sorted. 
Keep us posted
Lots f love
Kelly
Pages: 1 [2]