Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 753762 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #540 on: May 09, 2016, 09:41:24 AM »

Last week I had a horrible virus that got me really worried.  I felt very dizzy, cold or hot, ached terribly, couldn't sleep but total fatigue.   It last 3-4 days and I was starting to worry it was my body rebelling against the hormones.  Then all these symptoms subsided and then found out a number of my work colleagues had been feeling the same.  Some viruses are very insidious.  Oestrogen will usually make you feel better so it is worth riding these strange feelings as it is easy to blame the hormones when in fact it is something else.  Dg xxx

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #541 on: May 09, 2016, 10:23:00 AM »

Hello
I'm on Day 21 today and tonight will be night 6 of Utrogestan.  I'm beginning to feel a bit fed up now, think that's the effects of the U!

Had a blip this morning and wondered if I'm doing the right thing; should I increase my AD's, should I stop HRT, am I progesterone intolerant? What do I do if this all doesn't work?

I think the oestrogen took me out of my head and into my life but I think the U is putting back inside my head if that makes sense. To be fair, I have quite enjoyed the easygoing ness of the U, so maybe it needs tweaking further down the line.

I have noticed much less tears and more energy though.

Keepgoing

« Reply #542 on: May 09, 2016, 02:01:33 PM »

Mis71mum my first month on utro for the first week felt really nauseous then it just went I couldn't believe how the next day I was fine.  I am now on my third month and feel OK on it wee bit tears one day but I usually am around time of the month. Hang in there cause I think the more you use it the side effects lessen and are not so severe, hopefully like me it will work this way for you xx

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #543 on: May 09, 2016, 03:41:34 PM »

Ladies I feel like I have been run over by a truck.  Vague sore throat but all my glands r swollen totally out of proportion for the pain if u get me. But my arms r burning and body aches all over I am not going to be able to go to work. I fell asleep on the sofa beside my 4 yr old and she just put a rug over and sat really still the wee pet she she doesnt deserve a crap mum. Oh and the sweat is pouring off me I feel sick and dizzy. And its only day 9 of the oestrogen. Omg

Dancinggirl

« Reply #544 on: May 09, 2016, 04:08:34 PM »

Tinkerbellj - the symptoms you have are nothing to do with the Oestrogen - you have a nasty virus.  The virus I had last week was exactly like this and if you have small children then you are exposed to everything they pick up at nursery.  Lower oestrogen levels does compromise our immune system  - once you oestrogen levels get back to a reasonable level then you will resist viruses better.  Dg x

Cassie

« Reply #545 on: May 09, 2016, 04:12:22 PM »

Sorry to hear you are poorly Tinkerbell but its def not the gel, you must have a virus, rest up and be kind to yourself. The gel will not cause these symptoms, poor gel stop blaming it :) get better soon.

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #546 on: May 09, 2016, 04:44:52 PM »

Thanks ladies. Ah I sort of knew it was a virus but I am so low emotionally that it just knocked me for six. I am really sore anyway amd I have fibro so I am not about to give up on this hrt malarky just yet and especially since it has taken me 18 months to get the gel regime. I am determined this will work!!

Tempest

« Reply #547 on: May 09, 2016, 04:56:24 PM »

Dancinggirl, Tink - I have EXACTLY the same thing going on at the moment! I am betting it IS a nasty virus! I was lunching with my brother yesterday who flew up to me here in Scotland, and the sore throat started with a vengeance! Thinking back to last week, Hubby and I went out to a trendy bistro on the Wednesday and both felt a bit unwell tummy wise later, but thought it might just be that the food was different. It really started to hit with body aches on Saturday. Which is 3 days after I ate out. They say it takes sometimes 3 days after coming into contact with a bug/virus for the symptoms to appear sometimes. Our food was served on chopping boards, and Hubby wasn't too impressed at the time (but he's a bit like that anyway)!  He's just sloped in from work and says that he is now starting to feel very drained and 'shuggly' too. So yep - I think there is something very nasty going around!

I'm taking this as a lesson not to always blame it on hormones and big, big thanks to you Dancinggirl for being the voice of reason. I did go out this afternoon to catch some days in the garden as it's so sunny here for a change. Vitamin D is always much needed up here! ;)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #548 on: May 10, 2016, 12:03:40 PM »

Hello All
Having yet another down day....or morning should I say? Not sure what my next steps may be....I can't say that I am feeling nervous, more like analysing myself or spending time in my own head.  And I can only say that this has happened since the start of my Utrogestan, or should I say, has got worse.

Now these things are on my mind;
Am I going to be any worse when I stop the Utrogestan?
Should I increase for my next cycle?
Should I give up altogether and increase my AD's?

Need to reassurance as feeling a bit fed up.  I can't quite understand this on the U because i'm sure that on the Femostan 1/10, I really liked the Progesterone phase.

Tempest/Tinkerbell, I hope you are both feeling better.

I would also second what Dancing Girl says about low oestrogen levels making your immune system low....I was actually ill-er that my two children.  I would start off with a cold, get a sore throat, get conjunctivitus, cold sores, etc, and was unwell for nearly months at a time, whilst the kids suffered for a week, then bounced back.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #549 on: May 10, 2016, 03:51:17 PM »

Mis71Mum
I really think you are over thinking things.  It is really early days and there are so many factors that influence mood and anxiety and you really can't expect to feel good every day.  I think if HRT is reducing and controlling the worst of the flushes and night sweats then this is great.  To expect HRT to control all low mood and anxiety symptoms is simply too much.
I can't remember exactly what dosage you are using at the moment but I would give your current regime at least 3 months without changing anything before tinkering with it.  If you felt good on Femoston, why did you change? Dg x

Hurdity

« Reply #550 on: May 10, 2016, 06:49:06 PM »

What Dancinggirl said :)

Hurdity x

Tempest

« Reply #551 on: May 10, 2016, 08:59:10 PM »

Just popping in to say feeling much better today, ladies! Yayyyyyyy!!!

Just a wee question about applying gel if I may. This is just to make sure I am getting the best application from it. My leaflet just says 'apply', and I've researched a little and some say rub it in well, others just to smooth it on and let dry. The last couple of days I've been smoothing it on (over an A5 area on each thigh as advised by my Consultant, but she didn't say whether to rub it in or not), and just letting it dry whilst having a chill out with my book for 10 minutes or so. Before, I was rubbing it in. Is there a 'correct' way, or is either way OK? Thank you in advance (and sorry if this seems like a bit of a petty question)!😊

Dancinggirl

« Reply #552 on: May 10, 2016, 09:44:04 PM »

Tempest - I've always just smoothed it across my inner thighs, I do 2-3 circular motions to spread it and then any left on my hand I wipe on the top of my thigh or upper arm. DGx

Cassie

« Reply #553 on: May 11, 2016, 09:09:53 AM »

I rub my gel in well alternating legs and usually the area between knee and heel, it only takes a few seconds to dry, I do it in my bed at night  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #554 on: May 11, 2016, 09:32:03 AM »

The general advice is that you don't need to rub it in - but as you see some women do. The serum oestrogen levels obtained from the gel will have been worked out with women using a consistent method - which is to spread it.

In terms of the part of the body - Estrogel is the only transdermal oestrogen where the shoulders and arms are given as a suitable site as well as lower trunk. All the other transdermal HRT - Sandrena gel, and all the oestrogen patches say to apply to lower abdomen below the waist (to be a long way from breast I presume?).

The absorption of the gel is partly dependent on the size of the area that you spread the gel. I read a paper outlining this as part of the product info. It is important that the gel is absorbed before it dries and applying over as large an area as possible to speed drying actually reduces absorption. I can't remember where the paper is but that's why the instructions suggest a size.

It's not a good idea to apply it in bed, if you share a bed with someone (unless you cover up the skin after it dries) because of transference - skin contact should be avoided for an hour after application.

Hurdity x

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 187