Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 753684 times)

Kate50

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #525 on: May 06, 2016, 05:34:46 PM »

I think I had a bit if tension at first it's odd the way the oestrogel affects some. It's like it's working but it's not.  It really did take a while to settle Niamh told me this as she was the same and she was right.  So it's like your getting some of the benefits but also some of your old symptoms

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #526 on: May 06, 2016, 06:04:25 PM »

Tempest I started on 1st may with the gel. Yesterday I felt great and thought hey this is kickin.today anxiety is coking me and I feel sick amd weepy. I think it takes a while for the hormones to stop fluctuating.  I hope that's what it is anyway. Hang on in there yes it is really horrible . Surely it has to stop sometime. Prob no help but your not alone xxx

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #527 on: May 06, 2016, 06:06:10 PM »

I agree.... The gel definetly increased my anxiousness for a week or two and then it did settle. I defo had the feeling that you described of feeling like you could loose it at any time.

Tempest

« Reply #528 on: May 06, 2016, 07:52:06 PM »

Oh, Tink, Kate and Mis71Mum - thank you! Thank you SO MUCH for replying! I have literally just had to drag myself off about an hour ago to apply my dose, I feel truly wretched today. You can't know what a difference it's made when I came back on here to see your replies and find out that I'm not just having a weird old time of it and it's just me. I shall try with every shred to persevere!

Tink, maybe we can prop each other up as we start our journey on this stuff? It has to get better, right? I keep telling myself 'patience, for Christ's sake woman'!!! Damned hormones......!!!!!

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #529 on: May 06, 2016, 08:35:08 PM »

Tempest lets do this!!!! Nail these hormones one day at a time xxx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #530 on: May 06, 2016, 09:31:48 PM »

Hang in there Tempest - it will get better.  I don't think it's the oestrogen causing the problems  - your body is going through an adjustment.  My gynae describes the side effects one feels in the first 3 -6 months as ”the body waking up”.  You are doing all the right things but the temptation to over think things is very great - do try to get on with life and do plenty of pleasurable things you enjoy. Be kind to yourself.  Dg x

Tempest

« Reply #531 on: May 07, 2016, 12:22:01 PM »

That's a great insight, Dancinggirl! Yes, waking up......that sounds better! I'm a dress bunny, I know! And Tink - yeah!!!!! Let's DO this! 😀😀😀😀

Tempest

« Reply #532 on: May 07, 2016, 12:22:57 PM »

That should be 'stress bunny' - lol!!!! ;D

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #533 on: May 07, 2016, 05:00:11 PM »

Tempest & Tinkerbellj

Please can I join you two?  I'm on Day 19 of my first cycle of Oestrogel and Utrogestan.....in fact on Day 4 of U.

I'm 44 with 2 small ones....aged 6 and 7 and i've been suffering with anxiety and depression since this peri lack started.

I need hand holding because i'm so sensitive to all meds..

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #534 on: May 08, 2016, 11:18:55 AM »

Mis71mum u r more than welcome. Today I feel like I need someone to hold my whole body! Except dont touch me cuz I am aching. Day 8 of oestrogen feel wired but completely exhaused and would bite the head clean off anyone who speaks to me :-\

Keepgoing

« Reply #535 on: May 08, 2016, 01:57:31 PM »

I'm sorry to hear you are all experiencing side effects on this regime, I never had any with the gel or maybe I felt so bad before starting it it couldn't get any worse. On the utro I had a few problems but this month on it I feel fine apart from one day a bit weepy but I am always like that at time of the month...I am on my third month and can honestly say it's the best regime...for me anyway. I am sure after first month you will all start to feel a bit better it just needs time to build up. With hrt tabs and patches I felt awful, the difference I'm feeling on this is great. We are all different but this regime seems to work great for so many of us so please hang in there and hopefully it works for you like it has for me. I needed diazepam 3 times a day just to make it through another day before this that's how bad things were and all due to hormones...I'm hoping by sharing this with you it might help you all a bit to see someone coming out the other end when the treatment kicks in...I know it's very difficult going through it but take it a day at a time and you will get there. Good luck keep posting it helps xxx

Keepgoing

« Reply #536 on: May 08, 2016, 04:47:44 PM »

Stellajane I know people posting on here are having problems as I myself posted with problems and thanks to this site I got the information about estrogel and utro and I'm so glad I did as it's saved my sanity...I only posted my experience to try and give others hope that it may work as well for them or if not another regime may. Reading about other people's experiences and how bad they felt and then how good they felt once they found the right regime for them really helped me as I was ready to give up trying to find the right one....I was not trying to be smug about the fact, only trying to help as it's an awful time of life...sorry if it came across as me rubbing in how good I feel now was really not my intention xxx. Keep posting everyone as this site is a lifeline ❤️ Xx

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #537 on: May 08, 2016, 06:03:14 PM »

This is my fifth attempt to find a suitable hrt. Only on day 8 of gel so cant comment if it is working or not but something is def happening...vertigo anyone? Dizzy dizzy dizzy

Tempest

« Reply #538 on: May 08, 2016, 09:00:05 PM »

Tink!!!!!! Oh my goodness. Dizzy is THE word. I'm on day 31 now and the last 4 days or so have been somewhat hellish I'm sorry to say. Whole body aches. Flu like. And dizzy, dizzy, dizzy and the whole body shakes are back! I really wasn't expecting to be still feeling like this BUT I am trying to factor in that I have been without any HRT for just slightly over a year post surgery.

If anyone out there has had a very slow start on Estrogel I'd greatly appreciate if you would keep kindly share your story, especially if you eventually felt good on it (needing hope here)!

Mis71mum, I'm sending you biggest {{{hugs}}}! Welcome to our little 'club'! I was peri before my surgery, and I remember the anxiety so well. I still get it, but not as intense as then. Although it is very much a peri symptom and thus hormone related, I still found the podcasts over at Anxietyguru.com a great help, as well as 4,7,8 breathing to help me relax just before trying to drop off to sleep (Google it. There is a YouTube video and whilst it may seem a bit strange, I promise you it does help you to relax and drop off. Not sure how it works but I was surprised)! xxxx

Trufflecat

« Reply #539 on: May 09, 2016, 05:54:22 AM »

I think it is worth persevering. As you say, it's the first month. Also, I have a habit of blaming everything on my hormones only to realise sometimes that I actually have a cold coming or whatever!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 187