Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38

Author Topic: feeling dreadful  (Read 162150 times)

Dyan

Re: feeling dreadful
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2013, 06:36:06 PM »

Mags- that's good news. :)
As Bev said don't worry about side effects.
The main thing is to get back to feeling human again.

mags

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2013, 07:01:15 PM »

Hi Bev- well done you  for feeling better and thanks for the reassurance about the dose increase-my main side effect has been nausea and no appetite.Will keep you informed on the progress-Love Magsxx

bev567901

« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2013, 07:07:58 PM »

The only way I overcame the no appetite was to force myself & it did work even though I felt so sick. It took me ages to eat something simple. I think once you are eating better you will feel better all over. I drink at the same time to help wash it all down. I forgot about that SE but had read it was common. Eat whatever you fancy no matter how random or get someone else to cook for you or a quick microwave M & S meal. You can do it!!  xx

mags

« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2013, 07:19:30 PM »

Thanks Bev-I am very lucky in that my hubby is doing all the cooking at the mo bless him! he made me some fish in light breadcrumbs with a few veg at teatime and have eaten it- had a granola yoghourt  earlier but felt bit sick after it. I forgot to ask if you had increased anxiety at first? I think I did but  that might just be the illness itself- it's hard to tell. I too have the sweating at night so am hoping it will soon go. Thanks again for all your help-Love Magsxx

bev567901

« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2013, 07:30:38 PM »

Yes increased anxiety but again difficult to tell as I was feeling anxious anyway. I had some very dark thoughts  ones you shouldn't be having too.  I have gone off all things sweet it has to be savory which is not like me. Well done on the fish & veg your husband sounds amazing mine can't cook anything but he has been doing easy cook shopping to order which is so good of him. Stick with the same foods for the next few weeks if you have to, don't think I could stomach a yoghurt atm. We can worry about our bad diets when we feel better. I managed to put the weight I lost back on luckily by adding a fourth meal of the day about 9.30pm. I just wanted the day to end at first & by 6.30pm was on countdown to bed but the days don't seem so endless now. 

Dyan

« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2013, 07:34:48 PM »

I agree Bev.
Worry about our diets when we're better.
What's a few extra pounds to feeling human again.
I know what I would chose but I have to be a bit careful with the Mirtazapine - side effect - weight gain :-*

bev567901

« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2013, 07:47:24 PM »

I am actually going to ask about that drug as I want to put weight on & when I googled it I found it was an anti emetic so it sounds ideal for me. I am not sure if I can add it on to the sertraline though? I have it written down for my next docs appt anyway. I am 9 stone & tall, not terribly skinny but 10 stone would be better. I nearly got to 10 stone 3 yrs ago when I had this thing for iced fingers & ate 6 a day ha ha. Then my little tesco stopped selling them & I had to give them up  :-\   

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2013, 08:03:29 PM »

I cannot eat when stressed.  However much DH cooks for me  :'(

So I try to graze when well.  Dried fruits and nuts, bananas, corn flakes straight from the packet.  The trick is to eat before the body becomes hungry  ;)

bev567901

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2013, 05:23:16 PM »

Mags how has the 100 mg gone today?  I didn't want to jinx things & tell you but I was one day off 6 weeks yesterday & felt brighter, same today. I have halfed my diazepam too the last 3 days as haven't needed it. Hope this helps you. Bev x

Dyan

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2013, 05:45:24 PM »

That's good news bev :)

X

mags

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2013, 08:28:17 PM »

Thanks for asking Bev- had a rough day today-v.anxious and low but I think it's just me over worrying about everything. So pleased you are feeling better-well done! When you said you have got to week six , is that from starting the 50 or the 100mgs?  How is the eating-I have only managed a few crackers today- but never mind- Hope you carry on doing so well-Love Magsxx

Sarai

« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2013, 09:02:03 PM »

Mags just wanted to say I was on sertraline for about 14 years then weaned off it, last 6 months before I couldn't cope any more. I went back on 50mg, then 75mg where I still am. That was 2010. At the time it felt dreadful, I lost my sleep pattern, couldn't eat, was crazy anxious. But I knew I had to persevere because without them I would have gladly died.
It took months of forcing myself to eat. My hubby brought breakfast in bed, made me eat jacket potatoes each dinner (I do like them). I am now still stable on 75mg, all symptoms gone for years now.
I was told never to come off them again. I'm not suggesting that you would need them forever but I am saying the nasty side effects eventually settle. I promise

bev567901

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2013, 09:20:52 PM »

Mags it is only 15 days of being on the 100mg the rest was on 50mg. I literally had to force myself to take it every morning it felt like poison but now I think this is making me better & I just pop it down. I think 50mg is a pretty low dose some people are on 200mg but 100mg is the average. I was so scared when they upped me I actually cut the tablet for a few days so I had 75mg then thought how stupid & went for it.
Sarai is right too about the eating. It might not take you 6 weeks you might be much quicker I think some people respond much earlier. Try & take your mind off everything with anything that works for you. You do get worse before you get better which is why so many people stop taking them but I know you can do it. Bev x

mags

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2013, 09:36:49 PM »

Thanks to Sarai and Bev for your kind replies-I will persevere-Love Magsxx

bev567901

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2013, 10:01:39 PM »

Girl power  :D      Just thank yourself lucky you are not a man having problems of the intimate kind. There are all sorts of sertraline posts on the net of men complaining they can't orgasm & I'm thinking if you feel like me that would be the last thing I was doing! men eh but lucky partners  ;D ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38