Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Anyone for tennis  (Read 15264 times)

honeybun

Anyone for tennis
« on: June 24, 2013, 07:09:33 PM »

This is my favourite fortnight. Wimbledon....Just great.

I watched the programme last night about Andy Murray. What a nice lad. My son is his double....so many people have remarked on it.

Nadal is the shock result today.

Wonder if this is the year.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

Re: Anyone for tennis
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 07:48:48 PM »

Everyone thinks Andy is dour, arrogant. He is just a nice ordinary lad who just happens to play amazing tennis. Watched Federer game. That was a lesson on good tennis. Never thought Nadal would go so soon.
It would be the icing on the cake if Andy won, but there are a few games to go yet.
Fingers crossed though.

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 08:04:55 PM »

I think the programme on Andy showed him for the nice young man he is. He does cry easily which was surprising.

Sorry Nadal has gone out so soon. He is a brilliant player....I am a bit of a fan to be honest.

Federer is sooooo cool.

Honeyb
X

Scampi

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 07:11:40 AM »

Just LOVE Wimbledon!  I've even managed to convert my previously ambivilant daughter to it - she's got the Wimbledon app on her phone so she can follow it where-ever she is!  Nadal was a huge shock, but shocks happen at Wimbledon every year - it's one of the great things about the tournament ... makes every match worth watching.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 10:32:05 AM »

<yawn>  ;D - I did watch and enjoy the Charity match at Queens a couple of weeks ago with Boris, Sir Richard et al - that was humerous and what sport should be about.  Andy certainly came over smiley that evening!

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 12:38:11 PM »

He's obviously a very private person. There is a soft heart in there!  When he's off court & relaxed he is so different. 
Loved documentary on him.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 03:40:02 PM »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Taz x  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 07:04:49 PM »

What don't you like about it Taz ?

In other words how can you not like tennis?

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 09:24:49 PM »

I just can't see the point in it! I don't like any sport though, not just tennis, so I haven't got anything against the game I just don't "get it"!  I think it's because I don't seem to have a competitive bone in my body and without the urge to win sport fails to have a meaning.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 10:16:58 AM »

I'm not competitive these days.  I don't understand tennis.  I can't stand the noise that 'they ' make when serving.  Why not toss a coin then head for the pub.  ;)

Joyce

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 10:25:09 AM »

Where's the fun in that CLKD?  ;). Tennis is the only individual sport I really enjoy watching.

bramble

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 03:10:47 PM »

Golf is the only sport I watch on the tv. Never played it, never will, but I enjoy watching.
Bramble

Joyce

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 03:29:25 PM »

Watch golf too, sometimes. My family all golfed, never given the opportunity to try, but that's a whole new ball game.  ;D

oldsheep

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 07:12:56 PM »

Love tennis and used to play, occasionally wave a racket in the vague direction of a ball, but I can't run any more  ::)
Love football too - well the skilful stuff, not kick 'n rush.
I've played (at) golf - I am hopeless at it. Would rather play it than watch it though. I love sport, but not all sport. F1 drives me insane  ;D

I understand frustration at the game not going your way when you're used to it doing so, but you don't hit a ball flat out right at your opponent, like Federer just did.

Joyce

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 07:16:47 PM »

Goodness what a day!  Nerves in shreds Federer gone!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4