Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Anyone for tennis  (Read 15263 times)

Scampi

Re: Anyone for tennis
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2013, 07:08:07 AM »

I can't understand talk of Andy Murray being grumpy, etc, just because he doesn't smile much on court.  I don't smile when I'm concentrating on something at work - and I don't have to live with the thought that, if my concentration slips for a minute,  the whole country will call me a loser!!!

When he's not playing (and not just come off court after a tough match - which idiot thought accosting players while they are still dripping with sweat to ask them stupid questions would make for good interviews?!!!), Andy is laid back and cheerful enough.  He's a very private person, and that should be praised in these days of celebrity obsession.

Well done Andy - it was a fantastic match.

Anne B

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2013, 08:12:22 AM »

I agree Scampi.
My cousin's son is a friend of Andy. He is a very private person. Don't know how he'll manage to remain so now! Good luck to him.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2013, 12:14:59 PM »

:bounce:  I had to watch  ;D - I don't like tennis. But our Boy Did Good!  I have to add that although I have found him dour over the years, when I think how I fail to react particularly when depressed or anxious - someone said recently 'you look really pretty when you smile' .... which apparently isn't something that my face is familiar with  ::)

F1 was quite good too and there's the Tour - rest day then a 'time trial' tomorrow - and of course, all this sport and the  :sunny:  ::)

Joyce

« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2013, 06:56:01 PM »

We were in Notts, but daughter's partner recorded it as we were out for the day.  Have to say I was so emotional at the end! So was our daughter and she only watched the final game. But what a match!
Andy seems well grounded, keeps himself to himself. I hope he manages to stay that way!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]