Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Anyone for tennis  (Read 15262 times)

honeybun

Re: Anyone for tennis
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 07:25:05 PM »

Gob smacked.

Gives Andy a better chance but a Wimbledon without Nadal and Federer is a very strange thought.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 09:45:30 PM »

I do hope Federer gave his opponent a decent apology after that body smash. Just as well the guy ducked. I always thought Federer was so even tempered too. However, think there may be more surprises to come yet.
As for those who said the grass was "dangerous,"me thinks it was more sour grapes than anything else. After all it was the same for everyone.

changesbabe

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2013, 07:50:10 AM »

Not been on the forum for ages with one thing and another.  Was browsing through this morning as I was surfing the net.  I saw this post and couldn't resist joining in - hope that's ok!

I am the biggest Wimbledon fan ever - what a day of shocks yesterday.  Anyway on sat we are packing our bags and heading down london as I have secured tickets for ladies semi finals! To say I am excited is an understatement.    :banana:

Did anyone see dustin brown yesterday - omg he is gorgeous!   ;D

Scampi

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2013, 01:28:20 PM »

Totally agree re Dustin Brown - I really hope he gets though a few more rounds (he's entertaining to watch play, too!).

I can almost feel your excitement - you must be buzzing!  Have a fantastic time, and don't overdose on strawberries!!

Joyce

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2013, 02:22:35 PM »

Lucky you H&S! Whilst you are there, can you have a word with Sue Barker about her hair. She used to keep it so nice, not sure what's happened to it recently.

Dustin Brown is very easy on the eyes!  ;D  :hotflash:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2013, 03:33:09 PM »

:rofl:  so is Mark Webber  :-*

How about the tennis shoe debarcle then ........ orange under-soles on the new Nike which were banned as everything at Wimbledon has to be white.  Now someone should have known better and I can't see Nike new design selling much anytime soon  :whist:

Joyce

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2013, 07:14:37 PM »

Girls don't get pulled up for their knickers though, so can't see what the problem is. Considering everything else is pure white, I think it's quite nice to see some colour.

I seem to remember many years ago that one of the women, think it was Margaret Court, was ordered off to change as she wasn't wearing all white.

Scampi

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2013, 06:44:49 AM »

Maybe the problem with the shoes was the fact the soles were fluorescent orange - fluorescent colours (even as accents to an otherwise white outfit) are specifically banned in the Wimbledon dress-code.  Silly of Nike to design something that broke the rules, and equally silly of Roget to wear them!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2013, 04:11:22 PM »

I totally agree Scampi .......

Anyone see the dreadful photo of Scarapova in the Press today  >:( - I would sue!

As for Sue - can't see a problem with her hair  :-\ ???

Joyce

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2013, 08:25:41 PM »

Silly question time again, sorry.

Why do receivers of ball squat down before server hits ball? Told you it was silly. Maybe Trey will know.  ;)

Serena wearing very similar tennis shoes to Federer. Will she get telling off?

honeybun

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2013, 08:46:11 PM »

Is it not supposed to help them be poised to move quickly. Or on the other hand.....Not got a clue  ;D

I always wanted to tell Nadal to stop adjusting his pants every two minutes. He is a millionaire, surely he could afford pants that fitted. Anyone doing that in our house is told to stop doing a Nadal.   ::)

Jochovitch looks unbeatable.....He plays brilliant tennis.

Laura Robson is a sweet girl. Hope she gets a bit further in the competition. Don't think she is up to winning yet though.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2013, 05:46:36 PM »

Nerves in tatters watching Murray game.  :o

honeybun

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2013, 06:51:09 PM »

Brilliant match......grey hairs by the dozen but boy did he pull it back.

The neighbours must think we are hooligans. Just say we were not quiet in our support.    ;D

Now for Friday...Not sure my nerves are up for it.

Honeyb
X

littleminnie

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2013, 06:51:46 PM »

I thought he wasn't going to make it!

Joyce

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2013, 06:55:43 PM »

Same in this house. Willed Andy through every point. Go Andy!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4