Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: Noise  (Read 85557 times)

honeybun

Re: Noise
« Reply #135 on: August 02, 2013, 06:11:28 PM »

I have to say after the nightmare of our last house when really all I should have heard was the sea what I have now is bliss.
 Our last house was right on the sea front with stunning views and all I had was the neighbours from hell.

As CLKD would say.....I could write a book. Mine would be X rated horror movie type.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #136 on: June 08, 2014, 01:46:53 PM »

BOUNCE!   :hapij:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 01:50:33 PM by CLKD »

Ju Ju

« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2014, 07:57:53 PM »

My parents have lived in a quiet street since 1958. They are now in their late 80s. A few years back next door was converted to bed sits. They have had a range of tenants since then, some creating huge problems for the neighbours, including noise, aggression, rubbish shrewn around, domestic violence, police visits etc.. It seems there is little that can be done, though the Environment agency got involved in getting rid of a mound of rubbish outside, as there were reports of rats.

My parents would love to sit outside, but would have to remove their hearing aids so they couldn't hear the swearing. Another neighbour, a retired soldier, knocked on my parent's door and told them if they had any problems not to deal with it, but to let him know and he would sort it. It's good to know that people are looking out for my parents.

I should imagine this house affects the house prices around. Not that my parents could cope with moving unless it was to a home and then all that would be up to me.

CLKD

« Reply #138 on: June 09, 2014, 08:11:38 PM »

It would affect prices.   Also it's not easy to get the Council to do much about noise unless one is prepared to sit for hours with a tape machine and record it all  >:(

Taz2

« Reply #139 on: June 09, 2014, 10:53:11 PM »

Anyone else find the noise of a fan - especially the extractor fans on ovens - unbearable nowadays?

Taz x

oldsheep

« Reply #140 on: June 10, 2014, 07:30:09 AM »

Anyone else find the noise of a fan - especially the extractor fans on ovens - unbearable nowadays?

Taz x

Our hob extractor sounds like a jumbo jet taking off.
I'm very noise sensitive. When I get my bike out of the shed, I tense up completely in case the dodgy shed alarm goes off.
We are in London but it's so quiet here. I think my inertia on moving has a lot to do with that.

CLKD

« Reply #141 on: June 10, 2014, 01:24:49 PM »

Lawn mowers  :cuss:
Strimmers  :cuss:
smell of BarBQes  >:(
Shouting 'good morning' before 9.30 a.m.  ;D

Joyce

« Reply #142 on: June 10, 2014, 02:50:46 PM »

Don't get me started on lawn mowers CLKD. I've got neighbour who cuts his grass at least twice a week. No kidding. Grass is immaculate mind you, but really is twice a week necessary.

Another neighbour works from home & he gets deliveries before 7.30am about once a week. Come in big lorry. Plus the fact he shifts all 3 cars in his driveway before that to make room for said deliveries. Grrr. I must be getting old & grumpy!  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #143 on: June 10, 2014, 02:59:52 PM »

It's the lorries which deliver then back up the Estate with the bleeper going  >:( .......... fortunately not many people here run a business!

The road by us is supposed to be 30mph.  Pity the Police don't remind drivers by sitting in an un-marked van ......... one day there's going to be a big bang as a slower driver pulls out into the road  :-\

Ju Ju

« Reply #144 on: June 10, 2014, 05:22:06 PM »

I have no idea if my parent's other neighbours have checked, Sparkle. I would imagine so, but it wouldn't do any harm to check myself. Thank you.

My parents do not understand why on earth I live in a quiet, beautiful village, apparently with no facilities, though they have noted the friendliness and numerous activities and societies on offer. Plus just the sound of owls at night and..... My hubbie snoring! We came here for 5 years ...... Now 28 years later!

CLKD

« Reply #145 on: June 10, 2014, 08:38:58 PM »

Don't tell us where Ju Ju ...... we'll all be there  ;)

Ju Ju

« Reply #146 on: June 10, 2014, 09:35:04 PM »

I'll think of you when I hear an owl tonight, Sparkle! I have to roll hubbie over if he snores. He's very considerate if he's restless and snores, as he will takes off to the spare room so I can sleep. He looks quite cute under the very hungry caterpillar duvet!

CLKD

« Reply #147 on: June 11, 2014, 03:57:37 PM »

Rolling DH over works, he also does the hold his breath then puff air over my face  >:( ……. he gets a nudge for that too ……….

groundhog

« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2014, 09:11:49 PM »

My husband snores :(. It's horrendous.  We now have a routine - we go to bed separately as I can't get to sleep before he starts snoring.  He comes into my bed about 3am if he wakes for a wee as by this time I am usually fast asleep.  But - by 5 am my joints start to ache so I wake up and usually go back into the other bed as he is snoring again!!  I don't know what a nights sleep is :(
Plus as I have to sleep with the window open -I hear all the nearby animals like donkey,  sheep and peacock.  Ah the joys of living in the country lol xxx
 :bouncing:

Ju Ju

« Reply #149 on: June 11, 2014, 09:49:11 PM »

Apparently I do my share of snoring! Not true of course! :ange:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20