Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: Noise  (Read 86032 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Noise
« Reply #150 on: June 12, 2014, 02:10:36 PM »

We only have sheep in the countryside ………  ;)

It's quiet here today apart from starlings squawking each time I appear ……...

Ju Ju

« Reply #151 on: June 12, 2014, 09:40:00 PM »

My husband feeds the birds and you get stalked and shouted at by the blackbirds in the garden. The baby bluetits are beginning to make their presence known in the bird box, the woodpecker drills the trees and the cows moo and the woodpidgeons play seasaw on the loose ridge tile on the roof. Noisy old world!

Taz2

« Reply #152 on: June 13, 2014, 10:23:22 PM »

Your bluetits are late Ju Ju - or maybe their first brood died as has happened this year and this is the second attempt! I hope you have a successful fledging!!

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2014, 05:30:45 AM »

Our blue-tits are on their 2nd brood - out of the nest last week (whoops wrong thread  ::) ) ……...

Taz2

« Reply #154 on: June 14, 2014, 07:37:40 AM »

I reckon that this is a different pair of tits (!) CLKD or the first brood failed. It is apparently extremely rare for any of the tit family to have a second brood which is why they lay up to a dozen eggs.

Sorry for hijacking the thread!

Taz x

Ju Ju

« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2014, 07:52:58 AM »

I'm just glad we have tenants in this nesting box.

Returning to the topic of noise, there is building work starting next door and resultant noise. However, this means our neighbours are staying put, apparently, which is good as we share the drive and I love the sound of the children playing. We don't want to lose good neighbours.

honeybun

« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2014, 08:31:32 AM »

We have great neighbours this time which is such a relief. It's so quiet which suits me fine. Just hope they don't move anytime soon as I may have to go with them  ;D

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #157 on: June 14, 2014, 04:18:35 PM »

Our blue-tits have 2/3 broods yearly, we have 3 sets of parents ……… this week there were 4 newbies  ;) making that special out of the nest blue-tit noise  :-*

Starlings are on brood 3 - and that's those in our neighbours roof space.  I know 'cos we see them in and out feeding.  We can hear them too.

Robin came and went.  Wren is heard and occasionally seen.  Right now there's a blackbird singing outside our lounge window, now that is a noise I like  :-*

Ju Ju

« Reply #158 on: June 14, 2014, 05:35:27 PM »

Yes, I love the bird song. I love living here. I love the countryside racket. I grew up in a town that has all the disadvantages and none of the advantages. I visit my parents, who live in the same house I grew up in, as often as I can. It's a regular reminder of how lucky I am.

CLKD

« Reply #159 on: July 19, 2014, 10:27:02 AM »

:bounce:  and there are several more so you are not alone!  I am certainly less tolerant of other peoples' kids too  :cuss:

CLKD

« Reply #160 on: November 05, 2015, 08:58:19 PM »

:bounce:

CLKD

« Reply #161 on: November 05, 2015, 09:08:32 PM »

Disappeared into the other threads  ;) - someone was discussing her friend's noise sensitivity.

CLKD

« Reply #162 on: May 19, 2016, 08:09:34 AM »

I keep switching off the radio, it's all too much this week  :-\.  Records are repetitive, noisy, droning …….. and as for the very 'in your face being my best friend' presenters  >:(.  Once The Quiz is done I'll switch off!

riversong

« Reply #163 on: May 20, 2016, 04:39:14 AM »

I am happy to have stumbled onto this thread, ever since I started menopause everything seems to so much more enhanced, sounds, and smell, when I go to bed at night I have to wear earplugs, mask on my eyes to cut out any light and if there's any strong odor around forget sleep.  :-\

Dana

« Reply #164 on: May 20, 2016, 04:45:33 AM »

I'm not really that noise sensitive, but I don't like loud noise and I really hate inconsiderate noise. I have a neighbour across the street whose princess of a daughter is learning the piano. This has been going on now for a few years. The piano is right at the front of the house, in front of a door and windows that are always open, and directly across the road from my bedroom window.

She was playing as early at 5.15am and as late as 9.30pm. I complained about it a few times and asked them to keep the door and windows closed before 7am and after 7pm, which they initially agreed to, but now it seems they can't be bothered. I will admit I haven't heard it before 7am for quite a while, but she regularly plays until 8.30pm or 9.30pm, and sometimes she'll play for hours over the weekend.

The girl is only 14, and like most teenagers has a very "me first" attitude, but the mother is at fault for not teaching her to have respect and consideration for other people who live around her. I've stopped complaining because I was only becoming "that grumpy old cow over the road". Now I just turn my TV up REALLY LOUD when she's playing and hope that it's at least annoying someone.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20