Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: Noise  (Read 86025 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Noise
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2011, 08:11:44 AM »

Morning LD!  Living in the London area is my idea of Hell.  I cannot imagine living in a City at all!  However, I understand that living 'in London' can mean different things/areas for different people?

Eddie

« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2011, 08:34:11 AM »

What do you mean Lovey?
Eddie. x

Eddie

« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2011, 08:57:17 AM »

Ahh, and i missed it. lol, The things we don't think about. Eddie. x

CLKD

« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2011, 12:03:13 PM »

the World won't remember, they all have meno-brains as well  ;)

Christine662

« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2011, 08:15:00 PM »

and because its 'summer' time they assume we all want to listen to their music at full balst into the early hours.

and all afternoon when the sun is shining!!! throw open all the windows & pump up the volume..erm no we dont want to hear it.

Meg

« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2011, 09:31:41 PM »

As said before on this thread, I am another lady who just yearns for peace and quiet at present and I think forever probably.  Neighbours can be really inconsiderate, people should be able to advertise for quiet, considerate neighbours.  If I could afford to live in a detached somewhere quiet I would.  Someone should invent a car with doors and boot that dont bang when shut!  I went to a local park the other night just to get some peace and listen to the birds, look at nature but a seven pm it was packed with cubs doing some sort of run but I did eventually find a spot away from it all and it was heaven. Noise levels are getting much worse and there needs to be more protection against noise pollution because it can seriously stress people out as well as damaging hearing.

Taz2

« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2011, 11:29:19 PM »

I'm afraid that I am a car door banger sometimes  :-[  I try to shut it quietly but then I have to re-shut it as it doesn't quite click. My immediate neighbour is still awake when I get back - she is a late going to bed person like I am. It is difficult sometimes to remember that others have been in bed for a couple of hours or so but I do remember to turn the music down just as I pull into our road.

I know what you mean about peace and quiet being needed. I have a couple of quiet places which I can drive to but I am also lucky to live in quite a quiet cul de sac. I did upset one of the neighbours a while ago though when he was ranting about the children in the garden next to his making a noise while playing in their paddling pool and bouncing on their trampoline. He is the same age as me so would be able to live in an "over 55 complex". He wasn't amused when I suggested it! I did apologise the next time I saw him and I was forgiven.

Taz x  :)

CLKD

« Reply #127 on: May 29, 2011, 02:46:23 PM »

Off to Scotland then?  Peace and quiet there unless the wind blows  ::).  It's kids outside this afternoon with their toy sit on tractors  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2011, 01:51:41 PM »

Dogs should not be left alone all day.  Look on the notice board in the Vet's to see whether anyone offers dog sitting services, then pop a business card in to the neighbour's door?  Ask the Council or RSPCA to check this out too.

It's raining today so no kids outside, no father's with remote control cars ..... time for a sleep  8)

CLKD

« Reply #129 on: May 23, 2012, 09:00:06 PM »

BUMP!

Scampi

« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2012, 08:41:56 AM »

Having always lived in a city, the noise of traffic, building, sirens, etc doesn't bother me.  The noise that REALLY makes my blood boil is the 'leakage' from those in-the-ear headphones that so many people use (the white ones supplied by the 'fruity' company seem to be particularly bad!).  ON my journey to and from work on the train I don't want to hear other people's 'music'.  And the suggestion I should listen to mine to drown it out really infuriates me!!!  Yes - I have 2 of said 'fruity' products (and a set of proper, non-leaky headphones) for when I do want to listen to music, but more often than not I just want to sit quietly and gaze out of the window or read on my way home.  I HATE having to listen to my music just so I don't have to hear someone else's.  >:(

Oh - and the other noise that irritates is a work colleague who literally talks all day - he's been in the office for 2 hours now and hasn't yet drawn breath!!

CLKD

« Reply #131 on: July 24, 2013, 02:30:33 PM »

Nope - noise awareness and annoyances are 'within normal limits' - apparently!

I recently reported the builders behind us for having their radios on - the Enviornmental people stopped it  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #132 on: August 02, 2013, 02:00:00 PM »

IT continues - builders over the road constantly moving fork lifts around so beeping all day long.  Thank goodness they shut at 3.30 today.  The neighbour opp has recently retired - and he hasn't stopped - I think they are re-building their house and patio from the outside in  >:( - we went out last night in order to get away from the constant strimming ..........  :-\

honeybun

« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2013, 04:21:20 PM »

It's very quiet here. I could not stand city noise but I am and always have been a seaside girl.

We stay on a very small estate and I think the parents of young children must gag them because I never hear anything.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #134 on: August 02, 2013, 05:06:40 PM »

If you can find out the design of the 'gag'  ;D  ........ I'll pay 2-3p for one ......... right now it is QUIET! the only sound is the curry bubbling on the cooker  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20