Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 197414 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1380 on: April 09, 2020, 05:02:03 PM »

That's what they want us to hear.  I think that if they lay it on thickly people will stay at home over this Bank Holiday though if you read the News from Manchester  :o

I've had every symptom except the temp. and no shortage of breathing since I don't know when .   ::)

Tc

« Reply #1381 on: April 09, 2020, 05:31:00 PM »

Is it just me? Maybe someone can explain this to me but just watched the press conference from the care home that has tragically lost 15 residents.  The staff were standing shoulder to shoulder and then..hugged and kissed each other. !!

Taz2

« Reply #1382 on: April 09, 2020, 06:02:13 PM »

So, are people still getting the mild version?

All we hear of now are those who get very sick and need hospitalisation.

My vet had his first day back at work today after catching it. Considered mild but he said it was something he wouldn't want again. Four days in bed. High fever. Drenching sweats. Followed by feeling breathless with what felt like spiky gravel in his throat. He's very pleased to have got through it. He's late fifties. It's easy to forget that people are recovering especially the under 60s apparently. Wish I was a bit younger!  :)

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #1383 on: April 09, 2020, 06:35:45 PM »

Lots of Police being shown on TV are not distancing either from colleagues or the Public.   >:(

The scratchy throat is one of the main symptoms apparently but hasn't been in the news much.  I often get that when I have a cold ...... it's awful, like yep, gravel.  Where did *he* get it from Taz?

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #1384 on: April 09, 2020, 06:51:33 PM »

It's awful seeing dairy farmers throwing thousands of litres of milk away, because the tankers aren't arriving also not helped by all the hospitality outlets closed. Even we are throwing milk away my hubby is the only who uses milk, I usually just buy 1 pint but at the moment can only get 2 pint bottles it's all just such a waste.

At least Boris Johnson is out of intensive care

Tc

« Reply #1385 on: April 09, 2020, 07:04:43 PM »

Clapping very poor round here this evening. It's got less each week. Someone is playing "when a hero comes along " very loud and setting off fireworks though.

Xx

CLKD

« Reply #1386 on: April 09, 2020, 07:07:54 PM »

There are goat farmers that may have to cull as they are throwing milk away because the hospitality industry has closed. 

I am clapped out.  This might go on for months++ ........

Care Homes didn't shut immediately so anyone could have taken the Virus in.  Where Mum is they locked down, the 1st team had 4 weeks continuously, the 2nd team of 7  :o are starting tonight.  Usually there are 2 on at night for 25 residents which fills me with horror  :o  :-\ and I have no idea where they are all sleeping - hopefully not doubling up with the residents or Mum will go ape .......... might do her good actually  ;D

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #1387 on: April 09, 2020, 07:10:46 PM »

Sorry to back track!

Priti Patel........🤬

sheila99

« Reply #1388 on: April 09, 2020, 07:12:09 PM »

I wish they'd get their act together. Farmers throwing milk away while the co-op is restricting how much you can buy.

CLKD

« Reply #1389 on: April 09, 2020, 07:13:16 PM »

Oh that's weird jillydoll, I was thinking about you as I pressed 'go' for my last response  ;D

Remind me, who is she when she's up and dressed  :whist:

Really sheila99? Maybe take the headlines to the Co-op when shopping?  there's supposed to be no problem with the supply chain  :(
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 08:21:02 AM by CLKD »

Sparrow

« Reply #1390 on: April 09, 2020, 07:29:14 PM »

There is a surplus of milk because the restaurants, hotels, caf's etc., are closed.  It's not a supply chain problem.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #1391 on: April 09, 2020, 07:36:07 PM »

You just can't fix stupid can you? 

We have young neighbours with a baby just a couple of months old.  Tonight they stood on their doorstep clapping for the NHS.  That's fine but they have their friends round and there they all are standing shoulder to shoulder clapping like  a load of seals.   One friend comes every evening and sits out there with them smoking.

Do they not realise they could be causing MORE trouble for the NHS,  possibly deaths?

I just  give up.

CLKD

« Reply #1392 on: April 09, 2020, 07:36:41 PM »

So why are supermarkets still limiting how much we can buy if it's not a supply problem? 

Hurdity

« Reply #1393 on: April 09, 2020, 07:45:06 PM »

So, are people still getting the mild version?

All we hear of now are those who get very sick and need hospitalisation.

I don't think there are different versions? It's just that apparently 80% of people get the disease midlly while the remainder get more sick for various reasons, partly due to age, general health, strength of immune system, other health conidtions, initial viral load possibly etc

The answer is - that a large proportion of this 80% are untested and inconfirmed. Like I said in another thread - two of my children + son-in-law had it mildly ( in 20's and 30's) but won't show in any stats (although I encouraged them to register with NHS 111 online so that at least their suspected cases could be reported).

There have been quite a few cases around here in SW England - a cluster in the next village, one of our next door neighbours etc etc. They don't shout about it and no-one knows about them. They are not reflected in the daily Local Authority figures as these are the ones tested of which the majority are the ones who end up in hospital (although testing is now increasing....). However the number of deaths and hospital inpatients are v low in the SW. It's still here though, hopefully now reducing as we're mostly confined to our villages or small towns!

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #1394 on: April 09, 2020, 07:47:31 PM »

As well as healthy people getting sudden symptoms and being at Death's door in a matter of hours.   :'(.  It was initially attacking people with other health issues but now .........
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 179