Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Waiting for scan...  (Read 21707 times)

Jeepers

Re: Waiting for scan...
« Reply #165 on: February 08, 2020, 12:50:00 PM »

What was the test like Jeepers. I'm absolutely terrified in case I have to have one. I gag when I have to swallow a tablet ☹️

Hi blot

It really wasn't that bad. I think I gagged once, but they said they don't mind gagging. I am like you, I gag when I clean my teeth, especially when I brush my tongue.

I'm glad I didn't have sedation, it was so quick, doesn't seem worth it, unless you think you might have a panic attack I suppose. I don't panic about the procedures, just the possible results. I just closed my eyes and concentrated on my breathing.

Jeepers xx

Blot

« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2020, 01:18:21 PM »

That's good to hear. I've heard that the test is pretty quick and the worst thing is the anticipation. Think I'd still go for sedation though.

Ellen May

« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2020, 09:06:22 PM »

Hello Jeepers,

I have just read your thread here and so pleased to hear that all was good in the end.

I am having the same pains and the moment and have convinced myself it must be pancreatic cancer but due to current situation I am too scared to see my gp. I have lost weight over the last month which has added to my worry although is probably due to anxiety about the life we are now in and being generally busier at home sorting, tidying etc....

However, after reading your story I have realised that it may be my health anxiety causing me to make 2+2=5 so wondered if you found the hypnotherapy worked for you? I know that I need to get it sorted otherwise I will forever ricochet from one terminal illness to another without having any peace and calm in my life  :(

Jeepers

« Reply #168 on: April 18, 2020, 06:25:55 AM »

Hi Ellen May

Firstly, I'm so sorry to hear that you are suffering , I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Thinking about it now, hypnotherapy was probably working, as I was doing a lot better until this pandemic and other things ended my sessions, and at the same time ramped up my anxiety.

I've slipped back though, so I might have to try to get some more sessions.  Maybe I could get some via telephone or video. They do say you need 10 to 12 sessions and lots of practice. 

I completely understand the ricocheting , so please feel free to pm me, or carry on talking on here, if it helps

Sending positive vibes your way

Jeepers xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #169 on: April 18, 2020, 09:49:36 AM »

I would opt for sedation.  I missed out on your progress, sorry. 

I HATE toothpaste ........ the smell, texture, taste  :-X ........

Moanybreeks

« Reply #170 on: March 26, 2022, 07:41:35 AM »

Jeepers -  not sure if you are still on here and I know this is an old thread.  I posted about identical symptoms 'nightly left side pain under ribs' last year.. did you ever find out what was causing that? 

I couldn't find any other similar thread at the time...

My recent endoscopy found nothing major, however the pain is real and wakes me up early hours every morning since July '21, it's made worse if I am lying on the left side.

I hope your HA improved with hypnotherapy..

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]