Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Waiting for scan...  (Read 21885 times)

Sparrow

Re: Waiting for scan...
« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2020, 06:52:14 PM »

Low stomach acid is quite common.  If you have to use anti acids a lot, and they don't really help, it could well be the problem.

Blot

« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2020, 06:59:18 PM »

What is this stomach acid test?

Jeepers

« Reply #137 on: January 22, 2020, 04:36:05 PM »

Hi all

I'm just out of my follow up appointment. Dr confirmed that all organs looked normal, just a little degeneration on t12.. but that's normal at my age.

So, the next step is to do an endoscopy, which will be on 4th Feb.

I'm feeling a bit calmer. I did ask about stomach tumours , and he said that although they don't normally show up on scans, the level of pain that I've had would mean that something would be visible on a scan of that makes sense.

Interestingly , I asked him if he was concerned, and he said he was concerned when I first came in, with what I had described. Which made me think back to how horrible the NHS consultant was, a d how he didn't listen to me.

I'm also having my bloods done again

Thank you all for your support, I don't know what I'd do without you all

Jeepers xx

dangermouse

« Reply #138 on: January 22, 2020, 05:12:19 PM »

Are you taking any long term medications or supplements? These can sometimes cause stomach pain and/or acid (or reduce the acid too much).

It does all sound like gastritis and I'm surprised they didn't try you with antacids meds to see if it stopped the pain before all the scans.

Sparrow

« Reply #139 on: January 22, 2020, 06:09:55 PM »

Yes, dangermouse is right.  Sometimes quite simple things can cause it.  Fizzy bottled water did it for me.

Jeepers

« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2020, 09:24:50 PM »

Do you think?

Maybe I should avoid certain foods? Cheese? Tomatoes?

I'm clueless really

Thank you all

Jeepers xx

Blot

« Reply #141 on: January 23, 2020, 04:44:54 PM »

Not sure about which foods to avoid but maybe wait until your test on the 4th in case there is a simple solution.

Hope you are ok today.

Jeepers

« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2020, 09:40:36 AM »

Hi

I'm feeling so down at the moment. Pain in my left side still there. Doesn't wake me up in the night anymore, but it was there all day yesterday, and started up today as soon as I had my decaf coffee.

It's still another week until my endoscopy., seems like ages. Want it to be over, but scared stiff of what they might find. I keep reminding myself what the gastro said ? stomach tumours are vanishingly rare?.  That said, my sister in law died of exactly that.

Added to my woes, I'm still bleeding. Have emailed the meno clinic twice, but so far no reply 😞.

I'm supposed to be having my cervical screening this Thursday, but if the bleeding doesn't stop , I?ll have to reschedule it... another thing to be anxious about. Does anyone know if cervical cancer would show up on a ct scan? 

My life feels like I'm in some sort of limbo, I find it hard to do anything right now

Sorry for the whinge

Jeepers xx

marge

« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2020, 05:33:24 PM »

Tough time Jeepers, but you're working through things bit by bit.  If it is food related, you could try cutting things out one at a time and seeing if it has a effect.  Just an idea.  Keep going, we're all behind you and wishing you well.

littleminnie

« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2020, 06:48:16 PM »

Hi Jeepers, at least you are eliminating things you think it might be.
As everyone has said it might be food related in which case you would need to keep a diary to find out what triggers it. X

dangermouse

« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2020, 07:41:13 PM »

The hot drink triggering the pain sounds like gastritis. You need to avoid hot drinks as it's like putting hot water on a skin wound, it will open it up and make it tender.

You could try some room temperature chamomile tea as that treats gastritis and ulcers.

Or get some Nexium or other acid blocker (PPI) over the counter and see if one tablet relieves the pain. If they find gastritis or any small ulcers that is the drug they will give you to treat it.

Lyncola

« Reply #146 on: January 29, 2020, 09:46:00 AM »

Hi Jeepers,
just checking in with this post to see how you are doing? And to see the date I first posted to you about my rib pain. Why am I checking the date, because it seems to be bothering me again, and guess what 29 days have gone, I'm going to guess my rib pain as well as other pain is telling me I would normally have my periods. :'(

So 'what's happening with you, is the pain getting better? And have you had any more test and are you any closer to working out whats wrong?

Good luck with your endoscopy please let us know how you get on.
Hugs from Australia

Jeepers

« Reply #147 on: January 29, 2020, 03:10:29 PM »

Hi

Yes, the pain has got sifnificantly better.  And I think its thanks to danagermouse, so a huge thank you to you.  I have stopped fdrinking hot drinks, just an occaisional warm drink, otherwise mostly water.  I've also gone gluten free, and like I say, the pain is almost gone. 

I was frightened to post about it yesterday, in case it came back today, but so far, so good.

I am having an ultrasound scan tomorrow, because of the bleeding, but that too seems to have tailed off.  The thing that is worrying me the most at the moment (there is always something isn't there), is that since the whole onset of all of this stuff (getting on for six weeks now), is that I am definitely not peeing as much.  I used to regularly wet myself, but now I can go hours and hours without going to the loo, even though I am drinking lots of water.    The mornings are worst, I don't go at all after my early morning wee, just in the afternoon, and then it seems like a little wee.

So, quite nervous about tomorrows scan, in case they find something. I know it can't be a kidney tumour, as that would have turned up on the CT scan, but not sure what would be on the  pelvic structures  part of the CT.  I wish I could turn my brain off.

I'm sorry to hear you are still  getting your rib pain.  Are you having any more tests?

Take care

Jeepers

ElkWarning

« Reply #148 on: January 29, 2020, 09:01:50 PM »

Hey Jeepers, just checking in really. I'm glad you've had a chance to escape some of the pain, but so sorry to hear about the mental turmoil. I really do hope you get some answers soon. X

Lyncola

« Reply #149 on: January 29, 2020, 09:41:27 PM »

Hi Jeepers,

At the moment I'm not too concerned about my rib pain, it seems to be following my normal hormonal pattern  (when I normally would have my periods).
Plus the pain can be in my back, ribs both sides, on and off, and always changing places.

Seems very strange that you're drinking a lot  and not peeing much? Have you mentioned it to the doctor yet?  And good luck for your ultrasound tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12